PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report from the Philippines

GWMinUS
August 28th, 2010, 06:45
I am back from three great weeks in the Philippines.
I flew Cathy Pacific from Los Angeles to Hong Kong and then directly to Cebu.
I have to say, great not to have to deal with the Manila Airport!!!

I stopped over one day in Cebu.
Had a new friend from Gayromeo to meet.
We stayed at Maribago Blue Water Beach Resort on Lapu Lapu.
The place was beautiful. Three swimming pools, one right outside our room.
And an small beach with a bar and restaurant overlooking it.
BUT it is far from anyplace and very difficult to get a taxi into Cebu.
The hotel quoted 600php for the car, one-way.
And the taxis outside wanted 500php.
We finally flagged down a taxi on the road. It cost 120php plus a 30 php surcharge to go to SM Center.
Be prepared for ripoffs!!!

I remembered a fine dining restaurant in SM.
But it was gone. In its place was a Korean Food restaurant, and my friend did not want to eat there.
So, we went to a Filipino Food place. Not so good. Should have gone to Sutukil Seafood out on Lapa Lapa and much closer to the hotel. AHHHHH Next time...

My friend was most handsome. But not very good in bed...
He had a hugh cut cock and was only interested in using it!!!
I can top, but not with that monster!!!

So on to Davao in the South of Mindaneo.
I booked at the Crown Regency Residences, sort of a hotel and condo.
I have stayed there several times before. But I have to say, this will be my last.
They have really not kept it up. Many things in the unit did not work.
But then, that was good reason to call the hot housekeeping boy to come fix things...
The Breakfast Buffet was always good.

I have a very special friend in Davao. We have know each other for 4 years.
He has now graduated from college. So it was great to see him again and hear about his new job.
I also meet two other friends. One from GenSan and one also from Davao.
They where both great. My friend from Davao and my friend from GenSan became good friends.
They even ganged up on me in bed. WOW!! Totally unexpected.
My friend from Davao was shy but had the hottest body!!! What hard abs!!!
And he loved to top and bottom. Great experience for an old man!!

Anyway, we had good fun together.
I am still recovering from a broken leg, so I could not make any long walking trips.
I did go to Pearl Farm Resort on Samal Island with my friend with the hard abs!!!
He loved it and so did I. Only a day trip but well worth the 7000php for the day.
Boat, use of the facilities, and a nice buffet lunch.
Drinks where very reasonable. 90php for a beer, that is USD2.

Also went again to Samal Island with my other two friends.
We went to Paradise Beach for the day. I recommend it!!
Very relaxing and good food.

Ate at several good and bad restaurants.
My favorite is always Jack's Ridge on the mountain over looking the City.
Had a wonderful dinner for three and the total cost was 1500PHP, just a little over USD15.
Make a reservation and ask for a table on the very edge of the terrace.
My guys where blown away!!! Many pics!!!

I also found a new area, Damosa Gateway, that I recommend.
It has a 24 hour Yellow Cab Pizza place and a very good Italian Restaurant; Spirale.
Also a 24 hour McD, but did not go there.
Most restaurants in Davao close at 9pm. So it was good to have a place to eat pizza after a movie.

Saw a 3D movie, Tekken. Based on the video game. AMAZING!!!
Also saw Inception with Leonardo diCaprio. My Filipino friend understood it better than I did.
The movie theaters in Davao are great. Tops!!!

And finally enjoyed several pool parties with my friends friends.
Went out to Torres Street, the night life zone. Our waiter there was HOT HOT HOT and gave me his mobile number when I left. Too bad I was booked...

So that is it. All the flights back to Los Angeles where LATE.
I missed my Southwest flight in LAX but got home.
Suffered from Jet Lag for the past week. But I am ready to go again!!!

Cheers,
George in New Mexico

bao-bao
August 28th, 2010, 09:05
Very thorough and enjoyable post - thanks for including the exchange rate in one of your examples, that helped get a feel for costs there.

There's a great deal of beautiful country there. Good you could see some different areas.

Did you ever feel as though your security was a concern at any time? Even Filipino friends of mine here say I should use caution if I'm out away from any resort area - and that's surely what I'd want to see.

Thanks for taking the time to write it out! If there are photos you feel comfortable sharing I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see them.

PS - I know what you mean about being ready to go back someplace a week after returning home. The only cure I've found is to begin making some sort of plans for the next trip - regardless of how far out it is on the calendar.

Wesley
September 6th, 2010, 10:09
Very thorough and enjoyable post - thanks for including the exchange rate in one of your examples, that helped get a feel for costs there.

There's a great deal of beautiful country there. Good you could see some different areas.

Did you ever feel as though your security was a concern at any time? Even Filipino friends of mine here say I should use caution if I'm out away from any resort area - and that's surely what I'd want to see.

Thanks for taking the time to write it out! If there are photos you feel comfortable sharing I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see them.

PS - I know what you mean about being ready to go back someplace a week after returning home. The only cure I've found is to begin making some sort of plans for the next trip - regardless of how far out it is on the calendar.

You do have to be careful there, I have a body guard and my own car. but further south in davo near Mindanao you really have to be more careful. mostly in Cebu on up not so much you need to watch just keep your doors locked in a cab. if you are with a Filipino you know its relatively safe be sure you know him not in lust with him. If not then take care.

GWMinUS
September 6th, 2010, 15:42
AH Wes,
I always feel safe in the Philippines. But then I am careful where I go.
No bodyguard or car. I take Taxis and avoid the Jeepys.

I disagree with you. Davao is very safe. The mayor there keeps a lid on things.
I also feel very safe in the north of Mindanao. I visit Cagayan de Oro often. Very clean and nice City.
I have been to Gingoog City, small and also nice. There you have to take the man-pedaled tricycles. No taxi...
And I have ventured to Iligan City, but they have had some bombings there.
I do not travel to the Cotobato Area, to General Santos City. But my friend there tells me "many white men living there". Maybe some trip??? The boys there are so beautiful!!!

I agree that Cebu is a great place to visit. The City is big, but safe. And the beach resorts are beautiful.
If Bao Bao would tell me how to post some pics, I will try...

I enjoy getting out into the countryside.
I have been to Kalibo on the Island of Panay. Went to the Ati-Atihan Festival. FANTASTIC!!!
And I have stayed at Sabong Beach on Mindoro. And had a great week on Bohol in the Visayas.
Of course Boracay!!! I was there six years ago. But it is too much the tourist place now.

And I am careful about who I meet there.
Sorry, have to admit that most Filipino guys are looking for help or support.
But I have many good friends and they always take good care of Dad!!!

CHEERS
George

martin911
September 28th, 2010, 05:25

I visit Manila about once a month now for the last year or so and i have to say i love the place --I have never had any concern for my security ,even walking around the rough red light district at malate and makati ,while having had had a few beers --

The phino guys are really horny and adventourous --more than the thai guys !!IMHO

The main gay area is in Malate --has 3 clubs there ,Obar,Chelu,and Bed Bar (currently under renvo)in order of size -- lots of horny guys inside looking to hook up --if your cauc/and in reasonable shape you will find it no prob to hook up there --with 1 or more !!!!!--
Its only 150/200 peso to get into the 2 smaller clubs (and that includes 3 drinks)and 300 odd for Bed Bar ,they are really only busy from thur to sun ,even tho they are open all week (bar Bed )

I have found that the guys there love to Party as the locals call it (ie group sex)
I met up with 1 guy there last year, we are still together and most nights we cruise the clubs and bring home 2/3 or even 7/8 guys back to my condo --never saw anything like it before LOL--all u have to say is-- do u like to party?? :laughing3: :laughing3:

The moneyboys tend not to hang out in the clubs,but across the street from Obar --u can easy identify them,they are v obvious (dont know what they charge )
I have found that there are much less mbs in manila than Thai ,only about 10/15% of guys from the clubs will ask for "fare "and thats to help them get home in the afternoon--200 to 500 peso is enough
On gayromeo you will be asked for fare more ,mabye 40% of the time --and there seems to be a lot of guys there ,look at the numbers on GR!!

I have only been to 1 massage place there <Asia massage >,1 min walk from Obar --fun to be had there !!,and dont know anything yet about the saunas (bathouses as the locals call them)but 1 guy we brought home from Obar a few weeks ago had got fucked by 5 guys at a bathouse earlier on that evening (and still wanted to party more :laughing3: )so some exploring to do yet !!

Its only 3 hours than Bkk ,and apart from hotel prices id gen cheaper than Thailand --makes for a good alternative trip IMHO :bounce: :bounce:

bjbjboy
September 28th, 2010, 09:13
I spent 3 days in MNL in July, a Friday to Sunday. Went on to Gayromeo and kept my profile up for a total of 5 days. I got THREE HUNDRED messages on GR in those 5 days! I literally couldn't answer all of them. I met 3 guys from GR, and 2 were excellent--educated, in shape, tops. :) It helps if you get a local SIM card, since then you can message with them.
Anyway, with Gayromeo you do get a few asking for money but I am really clear about that on my profile, etc--no money boys--and maybe that's why I only got a few (either they didn't/couldn't read it, or were just trying anyway).
PS: Do Filipino guys have the smallest dicks in Asia? Not that I mind--I prefer a nice body and smile to a huge dick. Just sayin'.....

Wesley
October 29th, 2010, 05:41
I will say most of my concern with safety has come mostly from the FilipinoтАЩs themselves; I assume they know more about it than I do. However, I like others have said I take little or no care about things when I am out. I do worry about the taxi thing a bit, but when my driver is tired, I do take one on my own to Bar. My Body guard is there. I feel safe most everywhere else. But, I do have my share of jealous people who hate that I go home with lots of guys and party all night with lots of guys. It is true they do like group sex, and you can pay for an apartment room for a night for 20 bucks and party all night and have sex all night if you like. I like that to a degree; however I am more a monogamous kind of guy, if I find the right guy.

That being said, I love the horny guys there, as many at a time as will come. You can arrange that on line with PR if you like. They like Planet Romeo there, as they really hate the term gay and most will list themseves as being bi. I assume and they have admitted to me, that itтАЩs a cultural thing.

I do enjoy the places up to and around Cebu, My caution about the south comes from the Locals not me. Kyrgyzstan was as dangerous as it gets and I would walk to and back from the two gay bars there in the country. So, fear for it all is not so much from me as them. If you ask them, in the south, they say it is okay, however the people in the north feel differently about it and always raise a red flag every time I mention going somewhere further south than Cebu

I
So, In general I agree with most of the statement above and my thoughts may be reactionary to the people that work for me, that care about my safety. They love me and they lose a job if anything happens to me so, I guess they have a reason to care that I get there and back okay. Most of them canтАЩt stand to go as often as I do anyway so, I just as well get use to it anyway. ItтАЩs much cheaper if I go alone.

As to party in Cebu I agree Lapu Lapu is the absolute deal and I may go to the same place you mentioned in your posit about where you stayed there. I have stayed at two and one, I always go back to for a few days before I leave to enjoy the beach while at the others I go for the great t pools.

bao-bao
October 29th, 2010, 22:55
Thanks for the replies, people. PI is on my list for some future trip, and I appreciated the viewpoints. I've had many Filipino friends here over the years and will probably go with one of them at some point, so I wouldn't be out in the countryside alone.