PDA

View Full Version : Mosaik Apartments - Pattaya

Jason1988
August 25th, 2010, 13:07
Has anyone stayed at the Mosaik Apartments in Pattaya?

http://www.mosaikpattaya.com/

If so, please give your opinion?

Thanks!

lonelywombat
August 25th, 2010, 14:57
Has anyone stayed at the Mosaik Apartments in Pattaya?

http://www.mosaikpattaya.com/

If so, please give your opinion?

Thanks!

I usually put friends into mosaik who want to be close to Sunee, several have stayed this year. The one bedroom apartments are quite large and for 7000 baht per week great value.
You pay extra for everything, water,electricity, room clean they are condos not a hotel. Change of linen when you want at a cost. Little things like soap and sometimes toilet paper
are your own responsibility.

The soi the main part is in, is also opposite the Blue House massage and if you have a balcony facing the street you can watch the boys sitting outside.

You are very close to some very good restaurants, not fine dining but usually with a daily set menu, 3 courses for around 300 baht. Great places also for breakfast and cheap laundries close by.

Security is tight . You have your own front door key and there are security guards and CC TV . There is a stove and you have to select what cooking appliances you want on arrival.
No cost for these. Aircon in bedroom and lounge.

I have had no one complain about their stay and a number have returned for second and third trips.

ONE BIG ADVANTAGE IS THEY HAVE LIFTS TO EVERY FLOOR

If you find the forum bullies off putting, use the PM. More and more people are doing that now.

Alaan
August 25th, 2010, 16:43
Jason1988 I now stay at Mosaik for one week on every trip to Thailand (about every 3 months). I dont even bother looking around for alternatives because the apartments there are superb, always immaculate and consistantly so. Lonelywombat has given good information.

I have stayed in the 1 bed prestige, 1 bed deluxe, studio prestige, studio deluxe and found them all very spacious for the money paid. They are very well furnished at every level.

The pricing on the website is clear with two pricing seasons. My preference is for a one bed deluxe with front balcony, but will happily have the studio prestige if available. They are always very busy and if you want a specific unit type you have to reserve well in advance any time of year.

Just a few notes for you to consider, not all the units have a front facing balcony, if you really want that it is best to specify on your request just to make sure, as you will see from their website price list that there is a price range for each type of unit, that is because some have a balcony at the back with no real view and some front facing. There is water and electricity to pay for, you normally put down a deposit of Bt2000 on top of the cost of your unit, and they refund the difference after deducting the utilities cost. It is best to ask for the start readings on the utilities meters when you check in just to make sure the readings are accurate.

Also their checkout time of 6pm on your leaving day is handy as it gives you plenty of time to wake/shower/pack up. I highly recommend Mosaik.

Only thing i disagree with Lonelywombat is using the PM function, if there is information floating back and fore it could be handy for others to pick up on. The LAST thing to worry about is trolls/'bullies'...the likes of Diec are best just ignored. Diec is your classic troll, usually amusing but often as on this occasion, showing he can also be ignorant and as thick as pigshit.

netrix
August 25th, 2010, 17:28
Yes I stayed at Mosaic for 1 month last year.

I had the one bedroom Prestige. It was very nice! My friend stayed in the
studio Deluxe and liked it but said it was a little small.Cold AC, linens and
towels changed twice weekly but the nice housekeeper lady on staff always brought
extra towels when she learned I was a good tipper ;)

24 hour security, building doors are locked at all times and cameras monitor entrances.
Very helpful staff. Internet was intermittent, but the staff did a good job of finding
a solution.

They'll answer any questions via email, several of the ladies speak English very well.
Very close to Tukcom where there's a good food court in the first level downstairs.
Other good restaurants nearby. Walking distance to Sunee and Boyztown. Motorcy
taxis everywhere.

No pool. :( But otherwise a very nice stay.

lonelywombat
August 25th, 2010, 19:06
One thing I forgot that caused a shock, they do ask for rent in advance and do not take credit cards. Cash only.

My most recent guest had not changed any money and was embarrassed. They let him in did not seem to pester him to pay.

cdnmatt
August 25th, 2010, 19:27
My most recent guest had not changed any money and was embarrassed. They let him in did not seem to pester him to pay.

Yeah, they seem good about that. A couple times before, I just e-mailed them a copy of my passport, and told them to give the security guard a key as my flight was getting in after their office closed, and I'll pay the next day. Never any problem.

Alaan
August 25th, 2010, 20:33
When I do stay at Mosaik I never use their laundry service I have always just put towels or anything else I need laundered in with my own stuff to a local Thai laundry in the next sub-soi to Day/night soi2, has anybody used the fairly new Mosaik Laundry in a unit under the Mosaik apartments opposite the old flamingo? Efficient? laundry back next day? any comments? Thanks.

Just another couple of notes on Mosaik. Although they do have in-room security monitors to see who is at the front door, if you have visitors, you cannot open the front door remotely, you have to go down and open the front door yourself to let anyone in. Also the key you get for your room also opens the front door so no bundle of keys to weigh down your pocket. If you are staying with someone,a friend, bf or sharing, they will give a second set of keys if you ask.

lonelywombat
September 5th, 2010, 07:42
I was surprised to find that Mosaik is spread over another 3 locations, above Bordeaux and Chez vicky restaurants and facing the Day Night Hotel in soi daynight one. I am not sure of whether all locations have lifts but it seems to put the number of condos at around 50+.

Having been asked to book several friends travelling together later this year, I called in to see what the biggest condo was and the cost. There are choices of
studio,one bedroom ,two bedroom and a penthouse.
Room sizes are studio 25-50 sqm, one bedroom 32-75 sqm, 2 bedroom 58 sqm and the penthouse is 135 sqm . The penthouse was quoted at 49,500 bpm.
From 1 Nov to 31 march there is a surcharge, rent is monthly in advance and they do not take credit cards.

Internet in the room is 1000 bpm unlimited.As mentioned previously change of bedlinen and towels is 95bpd and room clean is 200 baht. I did not check if the cleaning rate increased for the penthouse, I assume it does.

I asked why they wanted to stay again in this area when they could afford a 5 star hotel and certainly Poseiden.Their reply was, they love the night market in South Pattaya Road, the variety of the food and other stalls plus the mix of Thais that you dont seem to get in other places after the bars close. The condos at Jomtien are too quiet.

In soi daynight 2 there are 5 restaurants plus an excellent coffee/bread shop and in South Road 3 good coffee shops. They said the love cruising Tuk Com , with a supermarket in the basement and friendship 200 yards further away. What more can you want?

Blue House massage is across the road and Royal House just around the corner. Sunee and Pattayaland are walking distance. I expect that more and more gay tourists will make Mosaik their base in future.

quiet1
September 5th, 2010, 11:30
The condos at Jomtien are too quiet.
Well, then, they should try View Talay 7: great sea views and *lots* of noise from renovation construction from 9-to-5! (Probably the same at VT5, but I haven't heard recently) Good restaurants, and massage places around, as well.

atri1666
October 1st, 2010, 18:47
Any problems with Mosaik at time? There homepage is already some weeks dead

Jason1988
October 1st, 2010, 23:28
I stayed at the Mosaik during September. I enjoyed my stay.
The place was very quiet and for the most part I was the only
person on the floor until the last few days of my stay.
The only downside is the cost of electricity. It averaged
900-1000 Baht a week.

October 2nd, 2010, 04:14
I...The only downside is the cost of electricity. It averaged
900-1000 Baht a week.

You can get battery-operated vibrators now dear.

Those old mains-powered industrial strength models are obsolete - ask about a trade in.

:occasion9:

lonelywombat
October 2nd, 2010, 08:50
I...The only downside is the cost of electricity. It averaged
900-1000 Baht a week.

You can get battery-operated vibrators now dear.

Those old mains-powered industrial strength models are obsolete - ask about a trade in.

:occasion9:

How much did you get for your vibrator on trade in, when you bum got a rebore

witchhunt
October 6th, 2010, 13:45

I noticed you posted on GTT today the new url for mosaik but not here. I copied your post--------

Try www.mosaikpattaya.net (http://www.mosaikpattaya.net) They only changed the domain

atri1666
October 6th, 2010, 16:44

I noticed you posted on GTT today the new url for mosaik but not here. I copied your post--------

Try http://www.mosaikpattaya.net They only changed the domain

No problem. You have been faster than me. I called their office and they told me.

lonelywombat
October 16th, 2010, 05:33
Just received email from a friend staying there, their email is not working. Surely they would think of using one of the internet cafes only a hop skip and a jump away. TIT.

lonelywombat
October 27th, 2010, 17:13
Had a phone call asking for help making a booking with Mosaik so called in to find out what was happening.

I was told that their server ???? had gone broke ??? and they had no access to their website or email.

I suggested they could try a netcafe and log in but they said that did not work.

But they have a new email and check it daily.

mosaikpattaya@hotmail.com

goji
October 28th, 2010, 01:47
Just received email from a friend staying there, their email is not working. Surely they would think of using one of the internet cafes only a hop skip and a jump away. TIT.

Of course, however perhaps they would think this should not be necessary?

blazer
November 5th, 2010, 10:32
They are still down.

Oh well, they probably don't want the business anyway. Just reserved my stay at the Yensabai condo.

Alaan
November 5th, 2010, 18:58
But they have a new email and check it daily.

Thanks for this info lonelywombat, i have the email address of one of the managers/owners as well as the main Mosaik email but this too seems not to be working as I have had no reply to an enquiry sent 2 days before and he always replies very quickly. I certainly hope that it isn't the start of any downhill trend for Mosaik as it is still such great value for the quality of apartment on offer.

Oh well, they probably don't want the business anyway. Just reserved my stay at the Yensabai condo

If you have stayed at Mosaik before how does it compare to Yensabai Condo?

blazer
November 6th, 2010, 09:54
Haven't stayed at Mosaik but wanted to this time as my stay is a month. Stayed at hotels the last few trips but have stayed at Yensabai before. Each apartment is different at Yensabai. Better rates for longer terms stays just like Mosaik and include electric and water, some are seaview.