PDA

View Full Version : anyone been to this place?

netrix
August 21st, 2010, 15:11
Can't find much info about Ratchada Soi 8 Pub (http://www.ratchadasoi8.com/) ... is it still there?
Has anyone been there? If it's as awesome as it looks, I gotta go!

[youtube:e746sq2u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwMOGsjOE5M[/youtube:e746sq2u]

gumblebee
August 21st, 2010, 16:47
Take a look at this thread (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/ratchda-soi-t16780.html). It's from 2008, but I believe things haven't changed too much.

netrix
August 21st, 2010, 17:08
cool thanks. i did a search but didn't find that thread. sounds like
a fun disco to go to with some friends ;)

August 21st, 2010, 17:20
Most of the 'Thai' places which are normally a little way off the main tourist route are fun places to go to. If you have a Thai companion ask him, he might know of a few and take you to them.

Alaan
August 21st, 2010, 17:44
I'm glad i looked up the link to 2008 as i see i posted there based on a 2008 visit. I visited again with my thai guy on my last trip in July. Nothing has changed, still very busy. The night we went it was packed and I saw no other farang there. Same customer base as before with groups of gay guys having great fun together, also saw a few more females with their gay friends this time.

All very friendly though, our waiter exchanged phone numbers when we were all a bit boozy, and it was really good fun. Because everybody is there for fun and not really to hook up (although there is alot of flirting between tables) you just really concentrate on the fun element with your table, not any of the DJ station/GOD style of trying to make eye contact and single guys standing around looking to meet others.

They occassionally have "free mixers" nights, which dont make too much difference to the budget of farangs on holiday as the mixers are already inexpensive, but on those nights it attracts a huge crowd of young thais/student types. I have to say there were many,many very attractive young gay guys on the night we went and sometimes it is difficult not to look around.

But i will repeat what was said in that 2008 thread, coming alone you would look very out-of-place and you would look very awkward, i think the only attention a lone farang would get is being the butt of jokes between the tables of slightly boozy young thais maybe even some sneering looks. Go with company and that would change completely. But even out of shape older farangs in company would probably still get odd looks, maybe i'm being a little unfair with that comment, but that is just my own impression from a few visits and talking to thais there, many others can give their experiences.

By the way, the Katoey singer Kim? is very popular, has an excellent voice (sings live to backing music) and picks material everybody loves. When the koyote boys come on ALL eyes are in their direction. The venue itself is a nice large open area, nothing like the crushing in DJ Stn, and the waiters are very attentive and really good fun.

Stll recommended as a change of scene from the Silom/Suriwong area and if it is too packed there is G-Star and Hollywood close-by, as well as many other smaller venues right next door.

Beachlover
August 21st, 2010, 22:26
Cool... Looks like a fun place to go.

Would any or many of the Thai boys there speak English? I love meeting Thai boys in clubs... Never know who you'll meet.

netrix
August 22nd, 2010, 03:52
awesome aalan. i've been to the discos in pattaya with groups of guys. always fun to bring a bottle of
whiskey and some friends and get mixers and snacks at your table. my kind of place to drink and
dance all night long ;)

pong
August 22nd, 2010, 17:36
1.Would any or many of the Thai boys there speak English?
2. I love meeting Thai boys in clubs... Never know who you'll meet.
1.any-yes, many-no. But the usually overloud music and boozing sfere does not stimulate in-depth talks.
2.it does not really work that way-nor like in DJ. For a kind of full insight-report read ricequeendiary.com-search for the OToKo/Mochit/Chatuchak bars. The best you can expect is a note with a mobuy nr. This might be followd up-or not. Most of the m/a/ee/ting takes place in the street after closing time.
This tipical form is named'table dancing''-you stay with your group near your table where the bottle of Thai whis-keee stands and the mixers.

Beachlover
August 22nd, 2010, 17:56
Thanks, Pong.

1. Of course, I'm not after in-depth talking... But some communication helps form rapport.

2. Yeah I have heard that at the more local clubs, boys are unlikely to come back to the your place at the end of the night. Instead, you swap numbers and might get in touch later. It's different from the more foreign-oriented clubs like DJ Station. Why is this? I'm curious...

I have noticed a few instances where I've met boys at DJ, we spend all night getting quite intimate on the dance floor, but they don't want to come over at the end of the night. Instead, they text or call and meet up the next day or later in the week. I also noticed these tend to be boys who either never go to 'foreigner clubs' like DJ Station or maybe only go a few times a year.

Hey Pong, are you Thai? I'm curious...

August 22nd, 2010, 18:42
I'd say it's a fair bet.

His brother Ping, also.

:bis: