PDA

View Full Version : Just when you thought.. Cafe Royal

August 19th, 2010, 03:55
Well, just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, the new look Cafe Royal opened it's doors, then closed them, then opened them again! Last night, after a major (ish!) refurbishment. What has happened to the place? it is now a bit of this, a bit of that, and a bit of the other! (that no one would want) the sound system is still rubbish! and now they have garden furniture indoors? who the fuck would want to eat in there? I went for my free drink last night (thanks!) but you have to be honest, and frankly, the whole thing is a mess! I also walked past tonight, after having a drink in Toy Boys (empty) on my way to Panorama (pretty empty) but then so was most of boyztown, and as i passed, there was not 1 customer in there, and what makes it worse, is that the doors are now open, so you can see how empty it is, without having to bother to go inside, I think a great opportunity missed to re-invigorate the cafe royal, and they have just fucked it up, shame, I used to enjoy the old place!

August 19th, 2010, 06:16
I don't believe it - take note "a new member".

August 19th, 2010, 16:34
By stating that he liked the Cafe Royale as it was, he automatically disqualifies anything else he says from any sort of serious consideration.

What exactly could it be that he liked?

Khun Toi's first rate singing?

The perfectly-in-tune harmonic melodies from El Duo?

The 20watt lightbulbs that meant if it was dark outside you needed to be proficient in Braille to read the menu?

The cordon-bleu cusine of Cottage Pie, Liver & Onions, or Toad in the Hole?

The ever-present (by rotation) cockroach in the toilet?

Compared to it's recent decline and offerings, ANYTHING (even garden furniture indoors) has to be an improvement.

:dontknow: :dontknow:

blueboy
August 19th, 2010, 16:52
There is obviously gonna be a big rush to go there tonight. I hope Khun Toi is still singing some same old songs!

August 20th, 2010, 02:33
I was being sympathetic/nostalgic! anyhow, tonight was no better, el duo screaming away as usual, to nobody except the middle aged bored looking waiters, i could hear them from panorama! i did see Dolly John and David deep in conversation, maybe they will give el duo the boot, and start perfoming themselves? although i suspect Dolly"s stiletto's may get caught up in the carpet on the stage, what is that all about?

August 20th, 2010, 03:07
Well if it's coming down to a choice between El Duo and the Gruesome Twosome - then I say "carry on boys".

:occasion9: :occasion9: :occasion9:

August 20th, 2010, 04:00
Are Dolly's stilettos reinforced?

quiet1
August 20th, 2010, 12:32
Are Dolly's stilettos reinforced?
Is the stage?