View Full Version : Pattaya Medical

litefoot2
August 19th, 2010, 02:38
Would appreciate any members sharing info or counsel on Pattaya area hospitals. I have a skin lesion (scalp) that needs checking--not cosmetic, could be something more.

Do any of the hospitals have dermatology departments that are attuned to fair-skinned farangs? Cost is also a consideration. Anyone with experience?

billy2bs
August 19th, 2010, 03:36
So do you really think we are doctors here.get to the damm hospital you klunk. dont you know all you get here is nothingness. by the time you get any reaL ANSWERS HERE YOUR HEAD WILL HAVE EXPLODED; Dheesh!!!!

francois
August 19th, 2010, 06:24
Would appreciate any members sharing info or counsel on Pattaya area hospitals. I have a skin lesion (scalp) that needs checking--not cosmetic, could be something more.
Do any of the hospitals have dermatology departments that are attuned to fair-skinned farangs? Cost is also a consideration. Anyone with experience?

Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital; Dr Anna Jaruwarn has an excellent reputation. Friends swear by her. Go to the hospital website and you can see her schedule and arrange an appointment.

bottomdad2003
August 19th, 2010, 06:44
Go to Pattaya Memorial. There is a dermatologist there every morning Tuesday through Friday from 0900-1200. I saw her yesterday and was very impressed and the price was very reasonable. Her name is Dr. Jankamol Pattarangsee.

bing
August 19th, 2010, 09:18
Dermatology is one thing, but farangs who have medical concerns are often put in the position , which hospital do I choose to go to, that will have someone who can speak English and can take care of me. The question has wider parameters than just dermatology, thought skin conditions of us fair skinned varieties and blue eyes to boot, has more than just a passing fancy for many of us. Many of us travel with good insurance a we can pay the bill, whatever it is, but still are faced with the decision of which hospital to choose. I echo the call for suggestions on which hospital would you choose to go to if needed to go to a hospital right now.

August 19th, 2010, 11:47
I and most of my friends see Dr. Anna at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. I have seen her on several occasions for skin cancer screening, rash, and removal of a cyst.

She has spent some time in USA and speaks excellent English and, IMO very competent.

BHP website shows:
Education:
- MD.(HONS), Chulalongkorn University, Institute of Dermatology, Bangkok, Department of Dermatology, Stanford Medical Center, Stanford, CA
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow of American Academy of Dermatology

Her office hours are shown as 9am to 2pm Monday through Thursday.