PDA

View Full Version : Beijing China

billy2bs
August 16th, 2010, 22:29
I am planning a trip for next year to Beijing China. Can someone relate what the gay venue is like there. Also are there any "gay" or "gay friendly" hotels or guesthouses. Thanks a lot.
Billy

chillnorth
August 17th, 2010, 10:04
I pass through Beijing a lot. There's a scene, surely. Utopia has a reasonably good description of what appears to be possible, including the fact that without a connection it's not going to be easy to find. That has been my experience. If you're trying to meet someone Planet Romeo has an interesting array of locals, particularly if you have skill at sorting out the moneyboys, a category I would personally stay well clear of in the PRC. This is not to say you can't have fun in Beijing. Through the aforementioned site I've made the acquaintance of a few pleasant young professionals with good English, interesting jobs, and openness to more than dinner and drinks. None of them have wanted to proceed on to clubs of any sort, but of course, that can be its own reward. I stay at larger Western-oriented hotels and have never had trouble inviting guests to my room, though most have the obligatory sign saying visitors must register.

billy2bs
August 21st, 2010, 22:42
Thanks for your input. But is there not anyone out there who knows something about what I ask in Beijing. After all there are 1.3 billion living in China. Is there a web site that may have more info. Utopia had very little.
Thanks again

October 17th, 2010, 18:55
I am sorry i donot much about the gay avenue in Beijing.But it must be many there since it,s the capital.
And gays are not legal in china.Though the police will not care you do such things.But if you are in trouble,,lose something,,as well the police will almost do nothing for you.Gays, behaviors are not protected.
i think there are many gays able to speak english in beijing.Beijing has the best universities of china
wish you happy there