PDA

View Full Version : Osaka host bar for women documentary

dab69
August 15th, 2010, 08:17
Titled "Great Happiness Space: Tale of..."

On documentary channel about host bars for women in Japan.
How women spend $200, $300 up to $30,000 per night for time with Japanese hosts
in bars in Osaka. Some are Fukosu (prostitute women) with money to spend on male
company, who get them to order bottles of champagne costing up to $10,000 per bottle
to drink with their male "friends" who lead them on in hopes of snagging a mate.

Sound familiar?

OK maybe it's not gay or Thailand,
but more interesting than posts about Gaybutton.

Beachlover
August 15th, 2010, 10:36
$30k a night! Shit, where do I apply to work at one of these bars?

August 15th, 2010, 11:14
At times there are groups of Japanese and Korean women who visit Tawan Bar and take off several boys at a time for fun. I think there may be a tour group some where who organizes these trips.

quiet1
August 15th, 2010, 11:28
Hmmm. Maybe I should brush up on my Japanese language skills and organize some of those tours.

dab69
August 16th, 2010, 08:55
some $600 bottles of champagne are marked up to $10,000,
but you get a fun host with that...

if the girls get sex, they won't want them anymore,
so the guys try to hold back

WEIRD!

the girls choose a host,
they cannot change for another.

they are cheered on by other hosts to buy more champagne
(probably not the $10,000 stock)

quiet1
August 17th, 2010, 10:21
I have vague memory of reading an article about these men-for-ladies bars several years ago.

One thing I remember was interviews with some of the hosts, and apparently a common technique is to keep the ladies drinking so that (a) it racks up the drink tab (of which the host gets a %), and (b) they end up being too drunk for sex and/or can't recall the next morning if they had sex.

Another trick of the trade was for the host to repeatedly go to the toilet to regurgitate as much of his liquor intake as possible, to prevent him from getting too drunk, as well. Also, taking some OTC remedy -- anti-acid maybe? -- that slowed down liquor absorption to allow more of it to remain in the system longer where it could be regurgitated.

Doesn't seem like our "bois" in Thailand are quite to that level yet, does it?