PDA

View Full Version : Dodger's Pre-Trp Report

Dodger
August 15th, 2010, 08:14
I knowтАжI know, what in the hell good is it to write a pre-trip report with absolutely nothing to report on that has actually happened. I mean talking about somewhere youтАЩve been that you havenтАЩt even gotten to yet does seem a bit strange. Maybe itтАЩs the relentless heat here in ChicagoтАжmaybe itтАЩs a mild form of depressionтАжmaybe itтАЩs the joint I just smokedтАжwho knowsтАжbut here goes:

This is a pivotal year for me because after 10 years of bi-annual adventures in LOS X 2 months per stay, I am about to begin a transition where the durations of my holidays will increase to 3 month stays , thus creating a 50/50 balance of my time and energies between work and play going forward. I started planning for this quite some time ago and fortunate enough to have things unfolding as well as they are.

IтАЩm also about to hatch from a cocoon into a butterfly again which will mark another significant change in my adventure plans and lifestyle in LOS in general. The last holiday I spent with Thep pretty much set the groundwork for a needed change. Sad in some regards, although invigorating for the spirit and a decision I should have acted on a long time ago. He seems content with his lifestyle and I wish him the best of luck in his endeavors тАУ but my ship has parted for calmer waters.

So here I am facing the longest stay ever in LOS and for the first time in almost 6 years will be going solo again. Of course I have subconsciously scoured a list of pros and cons involved in this scenario in an attempt to create a sense of balance, e.g., IтАЩll miss having someone next to me when I wake up in the morning (con) тАУ it will be nice to be able to cut a fart before crawling out of bed without getting embarrassed (pro). I will miss watching cartoons with him in the mornings (con) тАУ it will be enthralling to never have to watch another fucking cartoon in my life (pro). I will miss hearing his voice on my mobile when IтАЩm shopping in the market (con) тАУ It will be a relief not hearing his voice on my mobile when IтАЩm sitting in a gogo bar with my hand down some angels underpants (pro). Well, thatтАЩs it, the proтАЩs have it.

I purchasing a swimming pool float to enhance my concentrated efforts at becoming a beached whale at the condo swimming pool which I fully intend on molding to for a few days after I first arrive. I also plan to do some of the things IтАЩve been putting off like taking short trips to see friends in Chiang Mai, Uttaradit, Phrae and Hua Hin (find that boy with the nice ass Smiles).

I visited Uttaradit several years ago with a boy I linked up with on the Thailandout website and had a great time, although always wanted to return solo to delve into the gay social scene a bit deeper than I was able to at the time. Uttaraidt is a university town and has a disco connected to the one-and-only western style hotel in town which is highly populated with limp wrists and welcoming smiles on Saturday nights. I only spotted one other farang in the crowd of hundreds and he was sitting with a Thai girl. I ended up at a table full of gay boys from the university all of whom were friends of my date. One in particular had me drooling in my Singha. His name was Toy (how appropriate) and was studying hotel management. I canтАЩt even remember my dates nameтАж555.

The town of Phrae is a short drive from Uttaradit and ranks at the top of my list for places to visit. ItтАЩs just a small unassuming town, although chocked full of ambience and true Thai culture. The people there are almost overly friendly and the boys are no different. I first visited Phrae during their Songkran celebration тАУ which of course is the time to visit any small town if you have an interest in seeing more boys (doesnтАЩt everybody?). This upcoming holiday I plan to be there near the end of October during Loi Krathong, Thailand's 'festival of lights' which is held annually on the evening of the twelfth lunar month. As IтАЩm sure most of you are aware, visiting small towns in LOS can be pretty boring unless youтАЩre there during one of the national or Buddhist holidays, Songkran and Loi Krathong usually being the best bets.

Last, but definitely not least, are my plans to find a boy from the past with eyes as green as Spanish olives, an ass so perfectly curved that I want to cry when I see it and a cock long enough to wrap around the girth of my neck. IтАЩm also quite sure that if I do find him I will fall in love again. Yes, I will fall in love with his ass and his cock and IтАЩm not ashamed to say it. He doesnтАЩt even have to speak a word and I will marry him as well. Just walk around my condo with that brown anaconda flopping between your legs flashing those hypnotic green eyes honey and IтАЩm all yours.

My Steely Dan CDтАЩs and left over bottle of Astro Glide are waiting patiently inside my trusty backpack just waiting to be pulled from the shelf. 26 September is launch time тАУ wherever it takes me.

mai pen rai

August 15th, 2010, 09:23
If that was the warm up I can't wait for the real trip report.I was enjoying my morning coffee and planning what to do for the day, now I am wishing I was in LOS.
I'll give you 1 month over there and you will be back with Thep.

travelerjim
August 15th, 2010, 09:25
Dodger...

Another CLASSIC read... :glasses7:
as ONLY Dodger can do...
with his Butterfly Wings flapping 7/24.

Surely you will have a great trip... :bis:
(maybe also time to restock that Astroglide
before you depart Chicago)...

Meet up with you at Corner Bar one eve for a drink...
and catch up on your adventures in Thailand.

tj

August 15th, 2010, 09:32
I knowтАжI know, what in the hell good is it to write a pre-trip report with absolutely nothing to report on that has actually happened.

Quite.

Look forward to the post-visit report though

:hello1:

Beachlover
August 15th, 2010, 10:44
Born-again Lunatic... Your pre-trip report is better than most people's post-trip reports.

Uttaradit sounds like an interesting town. I didn't know Thailand had any university towns. There's not much info on Wikipedia/travel on it. It's one of the places I would like to check out if I had all the time in the world. Does that disco only get busy Saturday nights? Do any boys speak English there?

It's pretty cool how you can find openly gay boys in many or most night spots in Thailand... where as in the West you usually have to go to specifically bag bars to find (openly) gay boys.

Dodger
August 15th, 2010, 21:28
Beachlover wrote:

Does that disco only get busy Saturday nights? Do any boys speak English there?

The Crystal Palms Disco is located in the Seeharaj (sp?) Hotel in Uttaradit and was open every night during my one week stay, although the place was half empty and boring with the guests being mostly str8 leisure travelers during the week and on Friday night. Saturday nights is most popular with the univesity students and local young Thai crowd in general...that's when the gay boys show up in clusters.

The best place to encounter "smiling boys" during the week are the park-like areas which straddle the Nan River which parallels Uttaradit.

Yes, almost all of my dates friends from the university spoke some English which surprised me. The boy I referred to as "Toy" was quite fluent when he told me he would like to show me his home sometime...555...thus the reason I'm returning to Uttaradit solo.

If by chance you're considering a trip up to that region I would strongly recommend that you do it during one of the holiday periods. Just book your hotel and transportation plans early - as many of the boys who work in places like BKK and PTY are heading there as well during those periods. Go solo...carry a camera (it doesn't need to have film)...and just look like a lost & lonely traveler and they'll flow to you like a magnet.

Smiles
August 15th, 2010, 22:12
" ... If that was the warm up I can't wait for the real trip report ... "
Could we could think of Dodger's upcomingness as kind of like pre-cum?

travelerjim
August 16th, 2010, 05:57
Beachlover wrote:

Does that disco only get busy Saturday nights? Do any boys speak English there?

The Crystal Palms Disco is located in the Seeharaj (sp?) Hotel in Uttaradit and was open every night during my one week stay, although the place was half empty and boring with the guests being mostly str8 leisure travelers during the week and on Friday night. Saturday nights is most popular with the univesity students and local young Thai crowd in general...that's when the gay boys show up in clusters.

The best place to encounter "smiling boys" during the week are the park-like areas which straddle the Nan River which parallels Uttaradit.

Yes, almost all of my dates friends from the university spoke some English which surprised me. The boy I referred to as "Toy" was quite fluent when he told me he would like to show me his home sometime...555...thus the reason I'm returning to Uttaradit solo.

If by chance you're considering a trip up to that region I would strongly recommend that you do it during one of the holiday periods. Just book your hotel and transportation plans early - as many of the boys who work in places like BKK and PTY are heading there as well during those periods.

Go solo...carry a camera (it doesn't need to have film)...and just look like a lost & lonely traveler and they'll flow to you like a magnet. :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

Dodger...from the one and only...another classic! :king:
Great advice for Cruising Gay Thailand...with camera :notworthy:
tj

bing
August 16th, 2010, 08:16
Dodger, I am surprised we plan our trips with such similar items in the back pac.. I always make sure I have enough Astroglide to get me through the vaction in Pattaya.
used to pack away some Johnsons Baby oil ,, till I realized I could get it at any 7/11 store. I also have been bringing hand sanitizer in small bottles, and use it at the beach and in bars to clean up before eating anything.. Good to plan ahead,, By the way I loved your pre trip report. For those who did not appreciate your post, remember it is dificult, if not impossible, to please the creatrures of the night.

August 16th, 2010, 15:34
" ... If that was the warm up I can't wait for the real trip report ... "
Could we could think of Dodger's upcomingness as kind of like pre-cum?

It probably always includes ...

The moment at which nearly is

The moment of glory

krobbie
August 17th, 2010, 02:19
My Steely Dan CDтАЩs ...
mai pen rai

Favourites? Babylon Sisters, Do It Again, Hey Nineteen, Sign In Stranger.

Good luck to you Dodger. I shall be thinking of you on September 26. 3 months? How fantastic, I am green with it. I have to put up with two trips of just over a fortnight in duration.

I hope your next choice will be more serene but really, Thep made good copy.

Chok dee, Dodger.

Dodger
August 17th, 2010, 05:13
Krobbie Wrote:

Favourites? Babylon Sisters, Do It Again, Hey Nineteen, Sign In Stranger

Hey Nineteen...one of my favories as well...Black Friday...same...and Ricky Don't loose that Number majically transitions me back in time where good feelings lived.

Great balads for foreplay, play, and post-play when I'm sunk back on the pillow with a Marlbore dangling from my dry lips.

Cheers

August 17th, 2010, 06:20
when I'm sunk back on the pillow with a Marlbore dangling from my dry lips

You're quickly becoming a MALEBORE.............

MiniMee
August 17th, 2010, 14:39
Go solo...carry a camera (it doesn't need to have film)...and just look like a lost & lonely traveler

Sound advice. I haven't carried a camera that needed a film in it for at least 10 years. But then I haven't heard anything by Steely Dan for even longer.

August 17th, 2010, 14:47
Sound advice. I haven't carried a camera that needed a film in it for at least 10 years. But then I haven't heard anything by Steely Dan for even longer.

Can you buy either of those now?

August 17th, 2010, 17:29

Can you buy either of those now?

Ask the punters at the Corner Bar, they'll probably be able to also let you have a phonograph to play the Steely Dan records on.

As for the camera - I'm sure you can source anything there - a Kodak brownie maybe - or even second-hand wigs.

:hello1: