PDA

View Full Version : hotel in low Sukhumvit?

August 7th, 2010, 14:04
Any advice of a gay friendly hotel (with swimming pool), in low Sukhumvit? Up to 1300-1500 baht.
Thanks

August 9th, 2010, 20:03
With that price range - not a chance if you want a swimming pool.
With a pool,the closest to that price, in that area, would be the Zenith on Sukhumvit Soi 3 http://www.zenith-hotel.com/index.aspx
You can get a room there for US$66 (2000 baht) including breakfast through Agoda.

August 9th, 2010, 20:29
There is a very nice place between Sukhumvit Soi 17 and 19 with swimming pool. The rates are far better than any hotel rates. It's about 3 - 5 mins walk from the Asoke BTS Station. Staff are very friendly, rooms are from bed-sit up to penthouse with two to three bedrooms.

http://www.bestcomfortbangkok.com

Smiles
August 9th, 2010, 20:39
There is a very nice place between Sukhumvit Soi 17 and 19 with swimming pool. The rates are far better than any hotel rates. It's about 3 - 5 mins walk from the Asoke BTS Station. Staff are very friendly, rooms are from bed-sit up to penthouse with two to three bedrooms.
If this is the same place we stayed at some years ago, it is good value for money in that area.
The name has changed since we stayed (and I forget the old name), but the map on their website shows the exact same location. At that time the only poor thing about it was the laughable breakfast included, but I never expect much with that feature anyway ... and as it looks as though the place has changed hands, it may now be much better.
Excellent location just off Asoke and Sukhumvit, and prices are quite reasonable. Soi Cowboy is very close, so wander over if in the mood to inspect some pussy.

August 9th, 2010, 20:47
If this is the same place we stayed at some years ago, it is good value for money in that area.
The name has changed since we stayed (and I forget the old name), but the map on their website shows the exact same location. At that time the only poor thing about it was the laughable breakfast included, but I never expect much with that feature anyway ... and as it looks as though the place has changed hands, it may now be much better.
Excellent location just off Asoke and Sukhumvit, and prices are quite reasonable. Soi Cowboy is very close, so wander over if in the mood to inspect some pussy.

It was previously named 'Chatra Court'. Lots of near by places for eating if you don't like what's on offer, and of course depending on the kind of room/apartment you want some have fitted kitchens with separate lounges and bedrooms. Again it's very good value for money, and if you are travelling with a mate it's very cheap if you want to share a two roomed apartment.

August 9th, 2010, 23:03
Thank you for your information. Comfort Inn looks nice.
What about if I raise mt bydget, let's say yo around 2000 bahts? Is there any gay friendly really down sukhumvit (I mean closer to Nana BTS)?
Thanks

Rush, Yet Again
August 10th, 2010, 01:13
Try the Swiss Park on soi 11. Executive rooms are 1800, large, clean, lots of marble throughout. Regular rooms are around 1400. Decent swimming pool, an ok breakfast, and no problem bringing guests back. Biggest draw back in my book is they still have no internet access. 2-3 minute walk to nana bts.

allieb
August 10th, 2010, 04:04

What, no slice of ham ?

Smiles
August 10th, 2010, 05:51
" ... What, no slice of ham? ... "
Nope. I leave such things to Traveler Jim ... Sawatdee's professional hamster.

dab69
August 11th, 2010, 08:08
still remember a crush on a waiter said to be working in a hotel on Sukumvit.
he was shorter and cute by the name of Somkid, from the South, and at least 28-30 by now.

I arrived the day before Valentines to find out he had departed from
hotel on Petchaburi, and they wouldn't tell me where exactly he had started working.
I had watched him for at least 5 years on my annual vacation.