PDA

View Full Version : Jomtien beach front or Jomtien Complex

vpnoy
August 4th, 2010, 21:17
Hello all,

I'm looking for recommendation as to where to stay in Jomtien in September.

Beach front area (like Tui's Place, Room Club, Bondi), or near Jomtien complex (like Poseidon, Ganymede, etc.)?? Any recommendation?

Also, how far is a walk from the gay beach area to Jomtien complex?

Thank you.
Andrew.

August 4th, 2010, 21:46
Hello all,

Beach front area (like Tui's Place, Room Club, Bondi), or near Jomtien complex (like Poseidon, Ganymede, etc.)?? Any recommendation?

Thank you.
Andrew.

Sure: how about Tui's Place, Room Club, Bondi, Poseidon, or Ganymede?

:sign5: :sign5:
Hi Andrew /vpnoy ,welcome to the Bear pit. A word to the wise...they take no prisoners here.

vpnoy
August 4th, 2010, 21:59
Thx Zebedee! I take it in stride! :)

Irish1972
August 4th, 2010, 23:43
Beach front is nice, but will be a little more expensive! Depends on your budget

The walk between the two areas depends on you! If your as old as most of the grumps here it may take up to an hour, but for a half fit guy under 75 it will take less than 10 minutes

August 5th, 2010, 00:32
My advice, avoid the place like the plague, stay somewhere else, and take a bus in the morning, place is a ghost town at night!

lonelywombat
August 5th, 2010, 06:43
Hello all,

Thank you.
Andrew.

All those places are fine it depends on your budget and where you want to dine and drink at night. The comment that the area is dead is from someone who admits not being in Pattaya for almost a year. Boyztown is really dead, but it is a 10 minute baht bus trip anyway.
Sunee is closer with a 500 meter walk from the baht bus or a motorbike taxi to the door.

Go to the map of jomtien
http://gayaffairspattaya.com/maps/maps.htm
see map at top of page

The restaurants on the beach are not shown but it is delightful in this weather to have your meal at one of the restaurants almost on the sand.Friends who are in a condo just near the gay beach do it 2/3 times a week, cafe ritz at least twice and and go up market now and again. They usually skip breakfast and have brunch in the deckchairs.

Might I suggest if you have time you explore renting a condo at View talay. A new thread asking for a condo for the dates you want should get you some replies.

Make sure you can receive PMs as most people are avoiding posting here for reasons you are starting to become aware of.

Jack3
August 5th, 2010, 09:35
Contrary to some opinions Jomtien is not a ghost town at night, great restaurants and friendly bars like Bondi, Question Mark, Dolci Vita and the Venue.

vpnoy
August 5th, 2010, 11:42
Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

I will be in Pattaya next month. I think I will stay at guest house/hotel on the beach side to enjoy the beach, and stroll the area and Jomtien complex on foot. Probably will catch a ride to Boyztown to check it out. Probably will try to get a few massages in between!

Andrew.

August 5th, 2010, 23:24
Oh who bloody cares where you stay buddy !

Dont post on here again ok.

Aren't you grateful that this board allows ignorant and repulsive members of society like yourself to register, thus making it possible for you to post your pearls of wisdom?

August 6th, 2010, 00:51
Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

I will be in Pattaya next month. I think I will stay at guest house/hotel on the beach side to enjoy the beach, and stroll the area and Jomtien complex on foot. Probably will catch a ride to Boyztown to check it out. Probably will try to get a few massages in between!

Andrew.

Well done vpnoy! As you have seen,it is pointlless asking for advice here! It use t be a fantastic site where you could ask whatever! Sadlythat is no longer the case.....it is full of plonkers!

August 6th, 2010, 04:18
Sadly that is no longer the case.....it is full of plonkers!

And the 'Plonker' on the end of a spring takes the first prize.

Wesley
August 6th, 2010, 04:40
I have y the Kilo its about 4 bucks so why complain its cheaper than doing it your self if you pay for the electric the soap and wear and tear on the machine your better off letting them fluff and fold for you :headbang:

Irish1972
August 6th, 2010, 05:03
Eh Wes not sure how to break this to you, but, either your post is in the wrong thread or your on the wrong planet!

I have y the Kilo its about 4 bucks so why complain its cheaper than doing it your self if you pay for the electric the soap and wear and tear on the machine your better off letting them fluff and fold for you :headbang:

August 7th, 2010, 05:17
Are we talking about the same Jomtien complex? great restaurants, where? what the Ritz?, you must be joking! what a dump, cheap horrible food, served in an horrible environment, for cheap naff people like you! packed bars, really? i was there last night, the head count, Bondi: 2 customers, The Venue: 12 customers, Question mark bar: 0 customers, need i go on? why do you people post so much crap? i can understand if you have a financial interest in any of these businesse's, but judging by most of your post's, i doubt any of you would have a clue how to run a decent business, probably all living on state pensions & benefits.

August 7th, 2010, 05:45
Are we talking about the same Jomtien complex? great restaurants, where? what the Ritz?, you must be joking! what a dump, cheap horrible food, served in an horrible environment, for cheap naff people like you! packed bars, really? i was there last night, the head count, Bondi: 2 customers, The Venue: 12 customers, Question mark bar: 0 customers, need i go on? why do you people post so much crap? i can understand if you have a financial interest in any of these businesse's, but judging by most of your post's, i doubt any of you would have a clue how to run a decent business, probably all living on state pensions & benefits.

Consider this -

If you seemed to get TWICE as much food in the Ritz as you ordered....

If the Bondi had 4 customers, not 2.....

And if the Venue had 12, not 6.....

- that would all look much better wouldn't it.

Consider this also -

A classic symptom of chronic alcoholism/alchohol poisoning is double vision.

Now do you understand why some of our Members think things are 100% better than they really are ?

:rolling:

RichLB
August 7th, 2010, 10:08
As previous posters have suggested, you might pose your question on another board (check out gaybutton.com or gaythailand.com)) to avoid becoming involved in the bash wars which are common here.

But you seemed to ask a serious question so I'll give you my take. All the places you are exploring are fine. However, it is low season now and rain is popping up almost nightly. That might make the beach front hotels and planning to lounge on the beach a bit lonely. On top of that, while the walk from the gay oriented hotels on the beach is fairly short, at night it can be dark and maybe a bit scarey. The exception is the Bondi which is close to Thappyra, but looks out onto a parking lot. Unfortunately, there isn't any shortcut from the beach to Jomtien Complex so you will have to walk to Thappyra (about 10 minutes) and then up from there to Jomtien Complex (another 5 minutes) to get there.

If I were you, I'd pick one of the Jomtien Complex hotels. They are convenient to the beach (just the reverse walk from above), right next door to several host bars (too many to list) and an abundance of restaurants. In addition the Complex is right on the baht bus route and there are motorcycle taxi stands - both make trips to Boyztown and/or Sunee minutes away.

I don't know the agenda of the naysayers, but the Complex is certainly not dead. The Venue appears to be less popular than in the past, but given that it mainly attracts tourists that is understandable. Question Mark is almost always packed and has lots of hosts to keep you company. In terms of restaurants, they range from inexpensive, but tasty (Antz, Two Faces, etc.) to very nice (Ritz, Aquarius, Poseidan, Oliviers, Ole's 2, etc.). And across the street from the Comples you might want to give Natans, Linda's, and Mignon's a try.

i live in the Complex, and frankly I rarely see a reason to leave it. Wherever you choose to stay, though, I'm sure you'll have a great time and want to return often.

lonelywombat
August 7th, 2010, 10:53

It would be good to get a report on where the Hi So of Pattaya dine As a self appointed expert we look forward to your reply Where do you eat and what do you pay for your meal.

What were you doing at the Ritz if you are an expert on eating out. No one suggested it was fine dining. Surely an expert would have known that in advance.

Beachlover
August 7th, 2010, 12:19
Eh Wes not sure how to break this to you, but, either your post is in the wrong thread or your on the wrong planet!

LOL... Wrong thread, obviously.

Beachlover
August 7th, 2010, 12:30

Of course you'd bad-mouth it when things don't suit you. You're a complete disgrace, LMTU.

Weren't you physically chased through Tui's Bar, arms flailing and pot belly jiggling, for FAILING TO PAY a bill for accommodation services rendered? Then dragged off to the police station for a resolution?

Talk about a man with zero integrity... One of the Jomtien Complex proprietors has even helped you out and lent you money when you desperately needed it.

francois
August 10th, 2010, 14:34
[quote="i dont believe it"

What were you doing at the Ritz if you are an expert on eating out. No one suggested it was fine dining. Surely an expert would have known that in advance.

Actually my meal at the Ritz was excellent and an excellent value. And, as others have wrttten there are a number of other fine dining experiences to be had in Jomtien area. More than in Boyztown or Sunee Plaza.

Patexpat
August 10th, 2010, 15:03

Actually my meal at the Ritz was excellent and an excellent value. And, as others have wrttten there are a number of other fine dining experiences to be had in Jomtien area. More than in Boyztown or Sunee Plaza.

here here .... I agree most heartily!

August 10th, 2010, 15:13
It's "Hear, Hear"

I hope your fantastically successful business has nothing to do with publishing or education.

Patexpat
August 10th, 2010, 17:24
It's "Hear, Hear"

I hope your fantastically successful business has nothing to do with publishing or education.

Thank you for correcting me and indeed for having the time to correct me .... you are quite right.

bao-bao
August 11th, 2010, 06:50
Hello all,
Thank you.
Andrew.
I posted a story about the Poseidon today, but I freely admit it's an opinion piece. I like the place.

Wherever you wind up there: be safe, go with the flow and have fun.

August 11th, 2010, 09:42
Can we get back on track with the cheap shots and sarcasm,all this polite and helpful info is unsettling! :evil4:

andrewcraig
August 11th, 2010, 12:09
When I stayed at Poseiden I used to skip the buffet breakfast which was not included and walked up hill to a small coffee shop just before View Talay. Then an expat got me to join him at Papa Davids for breakfast a few times, but nothing wrong with it, but it did not excite me.
I tried all the restaurants and cafes on the beach for breakfast or lunch, from where Bondi is to Rabbit resort, enjoyed the variety and view. The best coffee was just before Rabbit and just past the gay chairs.
I like the Ritz, they owner I was told was homophobic. Each time I visit it is rare to see other than guys and it is very popular. Every night a choice of 4 roasts and my UK friends like the other dishes as well.
My preferred dining places include Olivers,[name???] the place next to where Montys was, around the corner was a place with a stone griller and of course Poseiden.
I think the only disadvantage if it is one, is bringing a boy back from Boyztown or Sunee. Usually I opt for a bike because I cant wait.
My friend who is on a budget trip found this place last time and plans to stay there again. Claudios.
http://www.gaypattaya.de/apartment/Clau ... udios.html (http://www.gaypattaya.de/apartment/Claudios/claudios.html)
He said it is close to Ganymede which he is also considering.
Walking distance from the complex to the police box, used to take about 10 minutes going but always dropped into Dicks for coffee and/or chat on way home. Might give Bondi more time next trip.
I find the knockers of Jomtien Complex are the ones that seem to favour certain places in Sunee and take their comments with a grain of salt.

bao-bao
August 11th, 2010, 22:37
I find the knockers of Jomtien Complex are the ones that seem to favour certain places in Sunee and take their comments with a grain of salt.
Agreed... but let's just let them STAY there :thumbleft:

Thanks for the recommendations - I'll wander around and check them out a little closer next time I'm there.

August 12th, 2010, 10:21
Agreed... but let's just let them STAY there :thumbleft:

Agreed here also,I used to like "knockers" but these days it's the cute boy butt that does it for me!! :hello1:

Seriously though, Jomtien complex has a lot to offer.I don't understand why people put down one gay area over another ,personally I think we are lucky to have so many choices.Live and let live!

August 12th, 2010, 16:52
What knockers!

http://www.ladyofthecake.com/mel/frank/images/knockers.jpg

Oh, Thank you Doctor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9K9wiH2Lko

TOQ
August 12th, 2010, 17:05
I like the Ritz, they owner I was told was homophobic. Each time I visit it is rare to see other than guys and it is very popular.

It seems that the owner, John, got over being homphobic a long time ago. It did not take long for him to realize where the majority of his customers were gay. He's over it :)

paulg
August 12th, 2010, 18:43
No mention has been made of the massage places near Dicks and in the "Poseiden soi"

I was told the other night at Bondi that there had been complaints about belongings being tampered with. did not happen to me.

lonelywombat
August 17th, 2010, 19:10
No mention has been made of the massage places near Dicks and in the "Poseiden soi"

I was told the other night at Bondi that there had been complaints about belongings being tampered with. did not happen to me.

I am not sure where the belongings were tampered with, surely not Bondi. Are you suggesting it was a massage place near Dicks, if so which one?

We go to the Ritz before the Venue and enjoy it.But there are almost a dozen restaurants close to Jomtien Complex that are worth visiting. I am not talking about the fine dining places up the hill.

The complex is more popular with expats than newbies, or the Sunee crowd. but horses for courses!!! My friends rarely go "over the hill' to visit BBB or Sunee, that is for the tourists.

I prefer to share equal time between both.

pudel
August 20th, 2010, 13:45
Look at www.tuisplace.com (http://www.tuisplace.com) he presents a valuable offer :happy7: <pudel