PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Angeles City

August 1st, 2010, 19:07
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if I posted on the right forum (if not, please move thread to appropriate forum in this site) but I just want to say hello to everyone ^_^
I'm new to the site and I'm hoping to join all conversation you guys have here.

Cheers!
Ry3Mh0n

Wesley
August 2nd, 2010, 05:31
Good Luck and welcomes are in order I would suppose!

Beachlover
August 2nd, 2010, 10:53
Welcome to the forum.

You do need to have some thick skin to post here... It's a good forum but you need to ignore any posts you don't like to enjoy it.

August 3rd, 2010, 01:34
LoL That I've noticed. I've read a lot of the posts so I think I have an idea on what the environment is.

Thanks for the welcome ^_^

Dodger
August 3rd, 2010, 05:43
Ry3...

Welcome aboard!

A few tips to the newcomer:

Post any topic related to Thailand that you want; topics with any sort of sexual content are especially appreciated. Ask any question regarding information you seek. Laugh along at the humor...as warped as it sometimes is, and most importantly, don't let insults bother you - as they come from a source which has boggled the minds of many and are simply to be categorized as "Warped Human Phenomenon" (WHP)."

When engaged in a verbal battle with an agent of the WHP, and yes even if you don't know it now, you will be, use "laughter" as your number one weapon, as this will eventually weaken the WHP. Whatever you do NEVER, and I mean NEVER, allow the WHP to pull you into a heated debate. This tactic is referred to as "baiting," and the only real weapon that an WHP has at his disposal, and don't bother asking yourself why either, because this is just where the "warped" term fits within the categorization of WHP and noone has been able to figure out the "why" part.

Hers's an example of a WHP baiting attempt:

You post a topic discussing a wondeful meal you had at a new Thai restaurant in Bangkok. You receive a few comments from other members providing their feedback on the topic, and then, right out of the clear blue sky, someone bursts into the conversation slamming the restaurant and insinuating that you are nothing more than a cheap bastard for even eating there. That Ry3 is "baiting."

What the WHP wants you to do is get defensive in retaliation for his insult where he can begin spinning his web. This is where you pull your weapon of "laughter" from its sheath and unleash it on him in full abundance. Having failed in his first attempt to bait you the WHP will undoubtedly make a second attempt, only this time he will go for the jugular...no holds barred, and believe me, the WHP's on our forum are absolute masters at this, so please listen closely; This is where you use your second weapon, and that is the weapon of "silence." Simply do not respond to his comments no matter how hard it is to resist. I had an WHP go as far as to insinuate that my deceased mother was a whore because of his repeated failed attampts to bait me - and even that didn't work. If you can master this tactic you will win ALL battles and the WHP's will leave you alone and search out easier prey with their baited hooks.

Hope that helps.

Mai pen rai...which means,...take it light.

Beachlover
August 3rd, 2010, 06:50
Dodger's Art of War in a nutshell...

Wesley
August 3rd, 2010, 09:28
Dodger's Art of War in a nutshell...

And quite a battle plan indeed, why he did not tell me that when X was at his best I will never know, But glasses up to Dodger. a most informative post indeed. and a short WHP to make it easy on those of us who don't type well. Of course, my eye is almost healed soon, I will have no excuse. after the surgery I had a inflation at on the nerve going to the retina.

Beachlover
October 22nd, 2010, 14:03
Welcome! Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.
You're a link spammer too! F*ck off.