PDA

View Full Version : Little Annoyances

April 24th, 2006, 12:50
Why is it that I find certain things infuriating? These aren't generally things which affect my life, but make me either fume, dispair or wish ill things to happen and I can't stop myself.

Paris Hilton for instance (and the genral rise of the blonde bimbo) - how the hell can anyone find her interesting, funny or indeed attractive. She just makes me grind my teeth.

Jordan and Peter Andre - for people not from the uk these talentless c list (is there a list any lower than c because they would be on it) celebs make me clench my fists. Jordans fame comes from her having big tits and sleeping with other more talented (but brain dead) celebs and Andre's fame rests on a dodgy and short lived pop career and an apppearance on a celeb reality show.

Seinfeld - who the hell decided that this show was the greatest comedy of all time. Infact, who finds this lame pile of shyte funny at all. I still find myself wondering how Seinfeld managed to best shows like Cheers, Frazier, Ellen, Mash, Third Rock or even Friends (I won't mention the great UK comedy shows).

Jens Lehman (Arsenal & German goalkeeper) & Alan Shearer (Newcastle Footballer) - Jens Lehman is a big cry baby and tries to get other players sent off whilst Alan Shearer bemoans the fact that other players have used the elbow on him, when he is possibly the worst offender for this.

Using a public toilet only to find that there is no toilet paper left.

People who stop dead in the their tracks right in front of you or who stand on a walkway or pavement chatting away with friends and blocking anyone else from passing them.

People who sit in coffee shops and put their mobile on speaker phone.

Shop assistants or reception stafff who make you wait whilst they take a telephone call.

People (Breeders) who take babies to the movies and then get annoyed when you tell them to keep their bawling offspring quiet. Or, people who like to chat through an entire film.

People who wake you up to tell you that you are snoring and can you stop.

Ok, I guess me writing all this is kinda annoying and yes, I do need to get a life!

cottmann
April 24th, 2006, 14:03
Do not know the UK "celebrities" or football players so cannot comment. Thought Seinfeld was idiotic while watching my first episode of it and never watched it again. Agree with all the rest, but want to add:

People with halitosis who persist in breathing in my face.

Smokers who complain about being asked to cease and desist in clearly-marked "No Smoking" areas.

Overweight people flying cattle class who occupy my arm-rest and half my seat.

People who pull on the back of my aircraft seat when they try to get out of theirs, and people who persist in nudging or playing with their folding tables.

People who come late to movies.

People who wish me to "Have a nice day!"

People who drive around playing music too loudly

Guys who think that me seeing their boxer shorts is absolutely the coolest thing to do

Large white women in boob tubes

April 24th, 2006, 16:04
The mute button.
Cable: pay for more channels of crap, old movies, sports, non-sports (Can't imagine: watching poker on television!...just when I thought it couldn't get more boring than golf.) & re-runs vs. Commercial t.v.: commercial breaks now run three to five minutes--hit 'mute,' read. Better: Rent a DVD. Best: Turn the damn thing off.

Never watched Seinfeld (Lucky me.), avoiding the re-runs.

Gave up on going out to movies. Not only do people talk to each other, they talk back to the damn screen.
Monday - Thursday, I can rent 3 DVDs for a third the cost of a first-run movie, not to mention, petrol, popcorn, pop, dinner--And watch them in bed...in the nude and stop whenever I need a potty-break, snack or another G & T.

#1 Pet peeve:
Dumb, mis-used catch-words. Like, awesome.
Drivers on cell phones.
Phony fashion designers--Who just buy everything in Hong Kong, put their name(s) on it--And mark it up 500%.

But there's good news tonight! My wardrobe is back in style! All of it! The look for spring\summer: Take trousers or jeans, shirt, jacket, belt, footwear, perhaps; gloves &/or tie, none of which 'go' together--And Bob's your uncle!...Or you look like your old, uncle Bob.
(Example--from DSquared2: off-white Stetson, beige satin-polyester suit coat with white linen pocket handkerchief, white vest, red satin tie plus a star-fish bolo tie, navy-blue & white striped shirt, brown leather belt with silver findings plus a grey cloth belt worn on top the--crotch at mid thigh--ripped (blue) jeans with a steel chain hooked--not clipped onto it and box-toe dark brown suede boots.) Now, if you haven't passed-out from exhaustion: getting all the that stuff on; best if the jacket is too short\small (I've several of those.) and trouser\jeans-crotch worn at least 3" lower than...nature...intended. put them all together they spell...ME?...or the end of designer fashions? Like; why bother to buy this silly stuff when you can just put all your old rags in a box, stir it all up and dress in the dark!...Oh, so chic!
Just don't die this year: they may bury you that way.

Dig out your Supersize Sunglasses, they're baa-ack.

From Daily Candy A to Z: (Casual wear) Fun tee-shirts are in as are White socks! "No exceptions!" Which is bad news?...now what to do to get up the nose of the fashion police? Black, mid-calf dress socks, of course! Better yet: with flip-flops...Orange ones...or lime-green.

April 24th, 2006, 22:56
Seinfeld - who the hell decided that this show was the greatest comedy of all time. Infact, who finds this lame pile of shyte funny at all.

Not the greatest comedy of all time (Monty Python's Flying Circus would have to get that award), but funny nonetheless.,

April 25th, 2006, 05:03
People who confuse "Loose" and "Looser" (ie: not tight/less tight) and "lose" and "loser" (to not win/ one who is not the winner)

People who, while in a queue, get too close to me, inevitably (and I'd like to think inadvertantly) touching me with handbag or other suc items. This is not the same as being groped on a crowded subway, which can be quite enjoyable.

Reality television, giving people who never deserved their "15 minutes of fame" 26 weeks, all the while proving that the world would be a nice place if not for the people.

As far as airplanes go:
People with seats in the back fo the plane who stow their carryon's in the first available bins - thereby limiting the storage capacity of the people who are in those seats - and stopping the already interminable process of deplaning when they bring everything to a halt to retrieve their huge, rolling suitcase.

When the person inf front of me flings their seat back - especially if I have my tray down - good way to get an emergency appendectomy! In the realm of "do unto others..." I ease mine back - sometimes in small incremenets - to give at leasta mdicum of warning.

I grant that with fewer airlines offering any substenance - and sometimes charging for what they do offer - that people may wish to bring food on with them. But for God's sake - think about the other people who have to share you air before you bring on something overly aromatic. On one flight a woman started eating some mysterious chicken dish out of foil that made me want to reach for the airsick bag before we'd even started taxiing.

Back off the plane...

A HUGE annoyance was when AMC (American Movie Classics) started putting in commercials - and then went even farther down the path of pathetic by showing movies from the 80's as "Classics"

Timothy Dalton as James Bond

Women who think that the "stretch" in "Stretch pants" is an imperative rather than an adjective.

Teen girls with bellies and hips wearing belly-T's and hiphugger pants - these are the type of girls ho never ask "DO I LOOK FAT IN THESE?" although I have an answer.

SUVs in parking slots marked "Compact Cars"

Conservatives dominating the media, bitching about the "Liberal Media"

Ahh the list could go on and on...