PDA

View Full Version : Tell the Tooth!

April 24th, 2006, 11:51
Any ideas and recommendatiions for decent dental care in Pattaya. I am in need of having a cavity or two filled (no innuendo intended and please no jokes about the Dr/Dentist asking me to make my mind up as to what cavity needs to be filled as he needs to adjust the chair). I also need a good teeth cleansing and whitening. I have seen a flyer for the Dental Cafe in Jomtien, anyone been there?

So recommendations please and if you have any ideas on what the general costs are that too would be appreciated.

On a totally unrelated note, I just visited the Immigration Office in Jomtien to extend my tourist visa a further 30 days. Last time I visited here there was a wait (30 mins or so as I recall), you had to pick up a number and wait to be called and then when everything was complete you were told to come back the next day. Today, there was no waiting, you saw the man at the front desk, he took your forms, passed you on to make payment and I was then told to come back after 2.00pm on the same day. I assume it's possibly a low season thing, but I am impressed with the efficiency of this place.

April 24th, 2006, 13:17
DELETED

American Teacher-old
April 24th, 2006, 14:16
I too heard some horror stories of Bangkok/Pattaya's dental practice so I decided to look elsewhere. I was delighted to find upon my extensive investigations a little dental cafe (that's actually the name) in Jomtien, in the lot just behind Bruno's. They are clean, professional and decently priced. Unlike all the other dental clinics in Pattaya -- this place is very professional. Go check them out! Niddy has had much work done there (including dental surgery) -- and is having more in the near future. I personally have had only had cleanings -- but both of us have been happy with the service.

Good luck!
-Chris

April 24th, 2006, 14:59
Try Pattaya Dental Clinic, Dr Sarntherm Mudhasakul, 102/4 Pattaya Soi 3 (opposite Big C North Pattaya), (038 429 206) Mobile 01 617 798. He looked after an emergency crown for me when I had only 3 days holiday left, & my Aussie dentist was impressed & surprised by the quality of the work. (not to mention the price). Nice guy, very professional, good English.
His father is closer at Soi 16, opposite Soi VC on Pratamnak Road, but more expensive I'm told (phone 038 362 374).

April 24th, 2006, 15:37
BP Hospital is getting very expensive (for Thailand). That includes the dental office there. Look elsewhere.

April 24th, 2006, 23:12
Has anyone had a good experience with a dentis in either Bangkok or Pattaya for more serious dental work, such as a root canal?

April 25th, 2006, 09:41
I have used the following, http://www.promjaidentalclinic.com/ and was pleased with the results. Very professional and not over expensive (at least compared to the UK). Click on the web page and you will find all the information you want.

April 25th, 2006, 12:07
Dear All, Thanks for all the advice, I am gonna check out a few of the above for price and also see how I feel about the actual dentist and service offered. I prefer to be in the hands of someone who speaks English well, can understand what I'm saying and who is confident and reassuring. Thanks again.

April 25th, 2006, 13:30
I also have enjoyed the services of the Dental Cafe near Brunos in Jomtien. I have had some major work there and it was professional, but certainly not the cheapest.

firecat69
April 25th, 2006, 17:23
I still find the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital a great value for dentistry.

Dr. Tapasit lived in New Jersey for many years and speaks perfect English. His work for crowns and bridges has been outstanding. The price though more then some of the local shops is still 1/4 of the price in the states. The lady dentist there did a fine job also on root canals.

They may be a little more expensive then some of the small shops but I find them worth it because of thr English spoken and the cleanliness etc.

For cleanings and fillings I might go to a small shop but for major work I want to feel confidence in the professionalism ,and I find that at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital

dab69
May 9th, 2006, 01:29
would the above dentists do laminates.
maybe I'll call the one by Big C, an upstairs office, new/clean
I was a little afraid when he did a cleaning for me, and I SHOULD have tried the whitening
at least