PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with p.t.taxi?

TOQ
July 25th, 2010, 16:55
I've sent them a message on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 1:35:09 PM. No response till now. They list a couple of phone numbers but wouldn't visitors from other countries sent emails instead?

Anyway, they list a price of 1000 Baht from Bangkok airport to Pattaya on their website. i might just go with a service that costs me 100 or 200 bath more.

God I can be cheap sometimes :hello1:

Take the airport bus for about 300B

Bell Transport http://www.belltravelservice.com/

allieb
July 25th, 2010, 17:28
Try Mr Dream

Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya - 1,200Baht
Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi Airport - 1,000Baht
All prices are inclusive of all tolls and fees.
Complimentary bottled water is provided free of charge.
Get Discounts when booking your arrival & Departure together!!

http://www.mrdreamtransport.page.tl/

I have used them several times, they're good

Beachlover
July 25th, 2010, 17:49
I think Mr Dream offers Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya to board members for 1,100.

Beachlover
July 25th, 2010, 19:42
Yes, he was a member last year and then disappeared. Apparently, he is not actually the owner of the business. Just promoting for his (Thai) friend on the side.

I think the discount may have been 200 baht. I can't remember. Try for 1,000 and see if that works. The offer was to anyone who is a member of one of the forums where he has promoted his business.

allieb
July 25th, 2010, 19:54
Yes, he was a member last year and then disappeared. Apparently, he is not actually the owner of the business. Just promoting for his (Thai) friend on the side.

I think the discount may have been 200 baht. I can't remember. Try for 1,000 and see if that works. The offer was to anyone who is a member of one of the forums where he has promoted his business.

I think he is very much involved in the business because twice I got Mrs. Dream his wife as a driver. I think he stopped posting because of some insulting posts from our dear forum

Beachlover
July 25th, 2010, 20:26
What insulting posts? Isn't our dear forum the most polite and civilised discussion site around? Hahaha

I think he was handling the 'robust' nature of posts here just fine... But just got bored with it or decided his time was better spent on other things.

dorayme
July 26th, 2010, 10:50
Try the airport bus from Jomtien Beach at the FoodMart. Cost 124р╕┐

086 324 2389

Leaves Jomtien 8,10,12,14,16,18,20

Leaves Suvarnabhumi 7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21

quiet1
July 28th, 2010, 13:20
I've sent them an email and I like the autoresponse:
We here at Mr.Dream Transport do our best to answer all emails as quickly as possible. If you are making a short notice booking, in less then 48hrs. within Thailand, we ask that you call us at 084-550-5256 to guarantee the quickest response possible. If making a short notice booking outside of Thailand, you can even SMS or call us at +66-845-505256, and we will respond immediately, 24hrs. a day, 7 days a week.

We check our mail multiple times daily, but in the event we are unavailable for the afternoon, you can use the methods above to contact us. We are also available via yahoo messenger and skype, both at usernames: mr.dreamtransport

Thank you for your patronage and interest in our company, we will respond to your emails as quickly as possible. We also thank you in advance for your patience!!
I except an answer by Tuesday.
Good luck with that. I sent an e-mail a couple months ago, got the auto-response, and am still awaiting a reply...

Please do post your experience. Maybe my experience was not usual?

Beachlover
July 29th, 2010, 17:57
Why not just call them? Saves mucking around waiting for reply e-mails.

July 29th, 2010, 21:33
And cheaper

July 30th, 2010, 02:49
VOIP?

How positively common!

I still place all my calls through the Operator.

:occasion9:

Beachlover
July 31st, 2010, 19:19
I agree... If a direct taxi is so cheap, why get a bus? You only save 800 baht or $30 or so and will probably end up spending an 60 to 90 minutes in transit... waiting for it to depart and mucking around getting to your door step on the other end.

The only valid benefit the bus offers is you're probably more likely to survive an accident on the freeway.

July 31st, 2010, 19:44
The only valid benefit the bus offers is you're probably more likely to survive an accident on the freeway.

I would edit that to read "you are more likely to have an accident using a Thai bus"

Beachlover
July 31st, 2010, 19:47
Well, I didn't want to comment on the probability of having an accident... only on the probability of survival IF there is an accident.

I'm not sure if the rate of accidents with coaches is any higher than it is with Taxis...

July 31st, 2010, 20:09
Well, I didn't want to comment on the probability of having an accident... only on the probability of survival IF there is an accident.

I'm not sure if the rate of accidents with coaches is any higher than it is with Taxis...

Thai bus drivers as well as truck drivers are more than likely to be tanked up on caffine products, and possibly amphetamines as well which help them stay awake during over night trips. They all drive like there is no tomorrow so if given the choice take a taxi.

Beachlover
July 31st, 2010, 20:27
Fair enough... Maybe it's all upside with the taxis then.

netrix
August 1st, 2010, 03:07
Why not just call them? Saves mucking around waiting for reply e-mails.

I/m not in a hurry and easier.

It's easy to call Thailand for almost nothing by using Local Phone: http://bit.ly/BYcOM
I have a dozen boys on speed dial haha ;) oh yea, and hotels and taxis too. cheap and easy -- almost free.

August 1st, 2010, 03:22
How interesting

Beachlover
August 1st, 2010, 11:03
It's easy to call Thailand for almost nothing by using Local Phone: http://bit.ly/BYcOM
I have a dozen boys on speed dial haha ;) oh yea, and hotels and taxis too. cheap and easy -- almost free.

I think Skype does the same (or similar) thing. But it's nice to find a competitor/substitute. I will check it out. Thanks for this...