PDA

View Full Version : No Rumour!

July 19th, 2010, 19:21
No Rumour, True! I was found NOT GUILTY on ALL charges.

Whilst being detained, I have had all my email addresses deactivated, so haven't been able to contact certain people that I very much would like to. Any friends here wishing to contact me, and that's friends by the way, and NOT 'FRIENDS', please PM me and I will give you my new email address.

Thanks.

George.

Beachlover
July 19th, 2010, 20:01
Before someone asks, "how was the slammer"... Welcome back. That's a long time to be out of civilisation.

Got to say... some of the last posts you made before going away are chilling... considering what happened next.

July 19th, 2010, 20:07
Before someone asks, "how was the slammer"... Welcome back. That's a long time to be out of civilisation.

Thanks BL. The Slammer was every bit as bad as it is reputed to be and more. The one year and 2 months I was in it seemed like an eternity.

To answer one other question before it is no doubt asked; I am free to enter and leave Thailand whenever I wish to do so.

Cheers,

George.

Beachlover
July 19th, 2010, 20:13
Do you know how the whole thing happened? Was it malicious?

July 19th, 2010, 20:51
Do you know how the whole thing happened? Was it malicious?

Duh?

Beachlover
July 19th, 2010, 21:06
Thank you SG... for that amazingly insightful reply.

Do you think you could punch out a few slides... crunch out a few numbers... to support your point?

July 19th, 2010, 21:42
Was it malicious?

I'm guessing it wasn't an accident.

:occasion9:

Beachlover
July 19th, 2010, 21:44
There's a third alternative you haven't mentioned.

July 19th, 2010, 21:47
I know you're dying to tell me............so go on, you tease!

dab69
July 19th, 2010, 21:52
welcome back and enjoy your free time :)

krobbie
July 20th, 2010, 03:13
Well hello George. How extraordinary. You'll set off the gossip mill now, you'll be all over those lesser boards also, yikes!

Welcome back.

krobbie

Beachlover
July 20th, 2010, 07:59
I know you're dying to tell me............so go on, you tease!

No no... It's more your style you big Scottish lout.

July 20th, 2010, 23:53
I am glad you are back with us George and looking forward to another one of your concerts. Sorry to hear the Thai athorities incarcerated an innocent man. I am sure the experience was hell, but you are a stronger man for it.

July 21st, 2010, 00:34
Quite a change in the tone around here....

No change in the tone from yourself though...

even when someone is found Not Guilty you still attempt to insinuate and smear.

Go on, tell us what made you such a warped individual.... purge yourself, it'll do you good!

July 21st, 2010, 00:50
....What smearing? I have no idea if George did what he was accused of or not.....

You just can't help yourself can you?

July 21st, 2010, 01:00
I'm saying you're clutching at straws.

:rolling:

catawampuscat
July 21st, 2010, 01:26
[quote="scottish-guy":mrkru4zj]I'm saying you're clutching at straws.

:rolling:

Right. Why don't you invite OJ Simpson over for tea now that we know he is completely innocent? Hmmm?[/quote:mrkru4zj]

whoops oops...OJ is in the slammer.
He was convicted on other charges relating to an incident in Las Vegas.

Impulse
July 21st, 2010, 01:28
invite OJ Simpson over for tea now that we know he is completely innocent? Hmmm? Good Idea...I would love to have tea with OJ Simpson.Just would'nt want him cutting the lemons for me.

bucknaway
July 21st, 2010, 05:18
I am glad I visited the board today. This truly put a smile on my face!

:occasion9: Congratulations! :occasion9:

Beachlover
July 21st, 2010, 07:56
They guy spent more than a year in Thai prison. Something that could easily count for 5 in any developed country.

That depends on what you consider worse about prison. Sure it may be tropical and the conditions cramped/unsanitary... but at least he didn't have to worry as much about having his head bashed in or being violated from behind.

I don't know if there's any prison system in the world where the prisoners are so placid and unthreatening...

July 21st, 2010, 11:24
So you have been incarcerated in several different countries and can provide first hand experience, or is that you are a world wide authority on penal systems?

Christ on a crutch - for someone barely out of short pants you know a fuck of a lot about a fuck of a lot. Any relation to Aunty?

Beachlover
July 21st, 2010, 14:14
You're disputing my point or just making noise?

July 21st, 2010, 19:08
Yes I am disputing your point. How do you actually know what goes on in a Thai prison? Have you been to one. Spent time in one? You don't think there is violence between prisoners? You think spending time in a Thai prison would be somehow easier than spending the same amount of time in a European prison? If it is all sweetness and light why did Kevin Quill work so hard to get transferred to a UK prison to serve out his term? There are more than a few books written by westerners who have spent time in a Thai prison. Try reading a couple.

Beachlover
July 21st, 2010, 20:47
Of course I don't think there's NO violence between prisoners in Thailand. But there's significantly LESS violence between prisoners there compared with, say Australia. Violence is a significant downside to prison.

I never said a Thai prison would be easier or anything about sweetness and light. It varies from a case by case basis. I've known prisoners who chose to serve out their time in Thailand rather than be transferred.

Prisoners often prefer to serve in their home country because they're closer to family/friends, are more likely to be released sooner, they're more assured of their rights and the physical conditions are usually better.

Beachlover
July 21st, 2010, 21:29
Fair enough... I don't know about 1 year in Thailand being worth 5 years in a Western prison. But I suppose it depends, which two prisons you compare. You're much more likely to have your head bashed in in an Australian prison. Number two (reduced time) makes plenty of sense.

Beachlover
July 21st, 2010, 22:27
Actually, that's true in Australia. "At risk" prisoners are separated from the general prison population. Of course, they don't always get it right...

Impulse
July 21st, 2010, 23:59
Im glad to hear George was found innocent.Should have mentioned that in my first post on this thread.
What if you need special meds while in prison?Must you go without? That would be one reason I would want to be transfered to my home country,the U.S. if I was locked up in Thailand.

Wesley
August 5th, 2010, 03:36
Good to have you back my good friend, hey there will always be the antagonist, go on with your life enjoy yourself and keep us posted as to your fun. As to the Rumors, I fear only time will take care of that issue. But, for now, mark a new path for life enjoy your way on the way out and keep in touch. If we meet again surely I will buy you a nice drink of some exotic style. If they have such things there. I personally like Long Island Ice Tea. Tequila Sunrise is one of my favorites as well!!!!! have fun glad to see you out and about!