PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya Multiple Choice ......... Police Assistance

cdnmatt
July 19th, 2010, 00:12
I'm a white guy in Thailand, so for all intents and purposes, the police are useless.

If ever needed, would spread the word among Kim and friends...

Dodger
July 19th, 2010, 01:45
- Motor vehicle accident or robbery...The Police (just to get it on the books)

- Assault or scam...Tourist Police First - Police Second

- Domestice Dispute...A Taxi (for him)

krobbie
July 19th, 2010, 12:24
If you find yourself in a situation such as a motor vehicle accident, robbery, domestic dispute, assault, a scam, customer dispute, etc. Do you?

A ) Call the tourist police!

B ) Call the Pattaya Police!

C ) Other!

Always the Police for me.

I lost my wallet a couple of trips ago. Went to the police in Sathorn and reported it and they kindly wrote an incident report of where, when and how much (all in Thai) and when I got back to New Zealand I sent that to my insurance company and within a week they had sent a cheque, no questions asked. I find though, not embellishing (amounts or incident) helps. Fair is fair.

Customer dispute? I stand my ground. I flatly refuse to pay 3% on purchases with my credit card. That is why I pay an amount every year for it. The onus, as I see it, is on the supplier. The contract, in most countries, means they pay for the convenience of having credit card facilities in place and should price accordingly. I am quite intractable on this point. Either that or I don't buy whatever it is they are selling.

If it is a small amount, obviously I use cash and not worth getting my tits in a tangle about.

As far as motor vehicles go it is usually the police wanting tea money. I only ever pay half of what is asked on the street or the full amount if they take me to the Police station (usually 400 baht). Since I have a prosthetic limb (right leg) I play that for all its worth and it's not unknown for them to forgive me altogether.

As far as other types of happenings you mention ... I have never been a victim of such (domestic rumblings notwithstanding), so I have no idea ... touch wood.