PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Royale reopened August 17 with pics

lonelywombat
July 16th, 2010, 16:29
Cafe Royale is about to get its first face lift in a long time. After sat night, the show bar and dining room will close for a month for renovations.

Things must be doing well as my friend arrived without a booking earlier this week and they were full . Admittedly they do no longer have the rooms that now belong to Copa but I think there are still 18 rooms for hire.

http://www.jinks.co.uk/forum/08ads/CafeR0817.jpg

July 16th, 2010, 16:44
Currently, at 900B Rack Rate (which means they'll be selling them cheaper) for a standard room I'd be surprised if they weren't full.

Glad it's being renovated though - long overdue.

:happy7:

July 17th, 2010, 01:45
Seriously guys this person has a mental disorder. Not sure if its brought on with an overdose of something , heavy medication or he has been hitting the bottle for a few hours. God Almighty he is verging on a very serious problem called lunatism! Just read his { now deleted - jinks} reply posts prior to this one. What the fuck has all this crap got to do with Cafe Royale closing for a month!!

July 17th, 2010, 02:29
Seriously guys this person has a mental disorder. Not sure if its brought on with an overdose of something , heavy medication or he has been hitting the bottle for a few hours. God Almighty he is verging on a very serious problem called lunatism! Just read his { now deleted - jinks} reply posts prior to this one. What the fuck has all this crap got to do with Cafe Royale closing for a month!!

Maybe the prospect of not hearing El Duo and Khun Toi for a month drove him over the edge.

It takes all sorts you know,.

:dontknow:

Beachlover
July 17th, 2010, 08:04
What happened? Did he start posting all sorts of crap but in bigger proportions?

July 17th, 2010, 15:11
What happened? Did he start posting all sorts of crap but in bigger proportions?

Don't ask Beach, just be happy........

frequentflier
July 18th, 2010, 00:48
With David as the night manager it will surely be a nice place to visit at night.Not too sure about the hotel side of things.I stayed there a few times and was not treated properly.i will stay at the Ambiance in sept.but am looking forward to revisiting the bar at LCR.David has a lot of knowledge and experience of the bar trade and will no doubt make things work there..Best wishes to him.

Beachlover
July 18th, 2010, 13:11

Don't ask Beach, just be happy........

I know, I know... But it's like wanting to see how they finally talked the crazy man down from the ledge.

[youtube:2ywsobjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdA_SfskrsA[/youtube:2ywsobjc]

July 18th, 2010, 16:39
......I stayed (at LCR) a few times and was not treated properly.i will stay at the Ambiance in sept..

If you're looking to be taken care of, the Ambiance is certainly the place to be.

:occasion9:

allieb
July 18th, 2010, 18:39
......I stayed (at LCR) a few times and was not treated properly.i will stay at the Ambiance in sept..

If you're looking to be taken care of, the Ambiance is certainly the place to be.

Like a vey warm reception

brighton man
July 18th, 2010, 19:14
Bring back the "Shorts " I say. Cannont understand why they changed!

brighton man
July 24th, 2010, 06:42
What do you think about the shorts ??then.

lonelywombat
July 24th, 2010, 08:39

You have a history of bringing back the shorts posts. However the shorts were only a good idea when there were young cute guys wearing them. Many of the boys of the early nineties were favourites of Ian and kept their job into middle age, and past their prime. Shorts on them looked silly.
You might be the only person who still gets breathless about offing the "waiters in shorts". No one else does.

brighton man
July 27th, 2010, 02:53

You have a history of bringing back the shorts posts. However the shorts were only a good idea when there were young cute guys wearing them. Many of the boys of the early nineties were favourites of Ian and kept their job into middle age, and past their prime. Shorts on them looked silly.
You might be the only person who still gets breathless about offing the "waiters in shorts". No one else does.

I totally disagree with your comments, many customers of the cafe royale have expressed their displeasure at the change. You are obviously not in business as such a comment is unworthy and negative.

The change of the shorts took away the fundamental attraction that Ian created. It was the equivalent of the "crap jewellery" Ratner gaff!!

dab69
July 27th, 2010, 03:05
the shorts sucked.
what kind of aging effeminate poof
would have liked them?

July 27th, 2010, 03:23
The kind that post on SGT obviously

July 27th, 2010, 03:48
Oh, for nostalgia? Ian has been dead for 4 or 5 years, when he died, so did the cafe royale. The notion of having overweight middle aged waiters walking around in shorts with faded nylon shirts is so unappealling! times change, the problem is, the cafe royale has not, most of the old customers are either dead, or too old to travel, if you go to Boyz Town at 1am, the place is dead, the reason being, everybody is in Nab, or Dave man club or x-ray? a completely different scene, dominated by young asians, adapt or die, so in the cafe's case, 6 months? has Toy Boys been sold? i went for a massage today in Boyz Town, and saw lots of builders there, looked like major construction, i hope so, so much untapped potential there.

quiet1
July 28th, 2010, 13:33
My own take on the shorts is they reminded me of "hot pants," you know, like, from the 1970's, man.

I used to have a pair of orange hot pants (with cuffs!) from International Male. But that was about 1975, and I was 20 with nice gams and a decent body.

August 5th, 2010, 00:30
Went past the cafe royal today, they have removed the front doors, is it going to be like panorama? do they still do food? if not, that would be a blessing! (joke) but seriously, are they still doing cabaret etc...

dab69
August 5th, 2010, 07:37
but seriously, are they still doing cabaret etc...

WTF?

August 5th, 2010, 16:51
...are they still doing cabaret etc...

Cararet? You are being FAR too generous.

Low quality karaoke in the dark would be a more accurate description.

August 6th, 2010, 04:18
Its ok with doing up the bar, but there are other things that need doing first. The bed rooms are nearly the same as 15 years ago when i stayed on my very first trip to pattaya orange box wood with a mattress plonked on top, a tv with only 3 or 4 english channels, a shower room with a curtin to stop the flood instead of a glass screen, , noisy air con. All this should be changed then it would be ok to charge the room rates which they charge now a days

August 7th, 2010, 05:05
My friend stayed in the new Copa hotel last week, and he said it was fabulous, there was some problem with the wi-fi, and i don't think the reception was quite finished, but he said the quality of his room, (for the rate he paid) was 1st class, and the staff were very smart and friendly, and now there are 3 hotels there, the room rates are much cheaper, and he also likes the boys in the show at copa, so he gets 10% discount for everything, so it is for sure good for the customer, because everything is now much cheaper, good for us!

August 7th, 2010, 05:49
My friend stayed in the new Copa hotel last week, and he said it was fabulous, there was some problem with the wi-fi, and i don't think the reception was quite finished, but he said the quality of his room, (for the rate he paid) was 1st class, and the staff were very smart and friendly, and now there are 3 hotels there, the room rates are much cheaper, and he also likes the boys in the show at copa, so he gets 10% discount for everything, so it is for sure good for the customer, because everything is now much cheaper, good for us!

I hope it not the same friend that advises you on biometric passports.

If so I would disregard every word.

:laughing3:

Beachlover
August 7th, 2010, 13:28

Was it the same friend who advised you BBBInn in Bangkok, a 900 bhat/night dump, had "marble bathrooms" and was as good as the Dusit?

August 7th, 2010, 17:53
Was it the same friend who advised you BBBInn in Bangkok, a 900 bhat/night dump, had "marble bathrooms" and was as good as the Dusit?

It's the same friend that advised IDBI as a child that if he put his newly fallen-out tooth under the pillow that night, he personally guaranteed that a fairy would enter his bedroom while he was asleep and leave him with something.

When IDBI woke in the morning the window had been forced open and he had a very sore arse.

Moral: Choose your friends more wisely.

paulg
August 12th, 2010, 18:53
Dont think it will open on time.

August 12th, 2010, 19:23
I saw in the Pattaya gay report that they were having a Grand Opening August 17. I went to the website, and found nothing about it. The web site seems really out of date!

August 14th, 2010, 04:47
I saw in the Pattaya gay report that they were having a Grand Opening August 17. I went to the website, and found nothing about it. The web site seems really out of date!

Matches the punters then.

They are still creaming their frillies because the waiters wore shorts in 1975.

:hello1:

August 14th, 2010, 05:02
It wasn't there in 1975...... :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

August 14th, 2010, 05:31
It wasn't there in 1975...... :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

It was satire/irony - ask Smiles - he knows about these things.

August 14th, 2010, 05:56
Since when did smiles do satie/irony?

Oops! I forgot about his boyfriend............

August 14th, 2010, 16:11
Since when did smiles do satie/irony?

I must say this is one of the more inventive posts - bringing Erik Satie into the topic of the piano bar is very definitely worth an ironical smile.

lonelywombat
August 14th, 2010, 18:20
friend in Pattaya emailed me to say that all performers have contracts that will be honoured.

He also suggested that bar boys might be available in the future. Do not rely on this as it was with a ???????

But I like the idea of dancing with a boy in a place like Cafe Royale and do not mind paying for it.
Sometimes I need to be "warmed up"

Used to enjoy CR after the go go's closed, now look for something different, with take away potential . PLEASE keep the forum up to date.

jinks
August 15th, 2010, 16:27
My all new laptop has now been loaded with my usual software.

I can now resume my support for places that I like... in this manner>>>>

http://www.jinks.co.uk/forum/08ads/CafeR0817.jpg

August 15th, 2010, 19:43
If your attending the opening, Don't forget to bring your sunglasses! :glasses7:

August 17th, 2010, 03:01
If your attending the opening, Don't forget to bring your sunglasses! :glasses7:

Why? Have they splashed out on a new light bulb?

:idea:

quiet1
August 17th, 2010, 10:29
Why?

August 17th, 2010, 17:48
Why?

The new light bulb is 100 watts as compared to the 25 watt one they had before.

I've heard you will be able to read the menu now without bringing a torch, but it may just be a rumour - time will tell.

dab69
August 17th, 2010, 23:23
eek.

your new boyfriend will
be able to see what you look like

August 17th, 2010, 23:31
eek.

your new boyfriend will
be able to see what you look like

Dammit, that'll be an extra 500B on the price.

:protest:

August 18th, 2010, 01:00
I wouldn't worry about them being able to read the menu there are not many on here who can afford to order anything on it. :headbang: :headbang:

August 27th, 2010, 03:21
Or indeed would want to eat anything on it! my friend from the Uk, who has not been in Pattaya for about 3 years, insisted on us eating there the other day, and both he, and i, were horrified, what have they done to the place? they have made it look like a Mcsomething franchise establishment, i can see why the previous poster mentioned about bringng sunglasses, it looks awful, ok, before it was a bit dated, but at least it had a bit of intimatcy, or warmth, and i quite liked the wood effect, and those delightful little minatures everywhere, but now it's all gone! and the sound system! my friend and gave up trying to have a conversation, because it was impossible to talk with those 2 awful phillipino's screaming away in our ears, the place was, understandebly, empty, and i do not doubt that this will continue to be the case, we shall never return.

brighton man
August 28th, 2010, 04:07
Or indeed would want to eat anything on it! my friend from the Uk, who has not been in Pattaya for about 3 years, insisted on us eating there the other day, and both he, and i, were horrified, what have they done to the place? they have made it look like a Mcsomething franchise establishment, i can see why the previous poster mentioned about bringng sunglasses, it looks awful, ok, before it was a bit dated, but at least it had a bit of intimatcy, or warmth, and i quite liked the wood effect, and those delightful little minatures everywhere, but now it's all gone! and the sound system! my friend and gave up trying to have a conversation, because it was impossible to talk with those 2 awful phillipino's screaming away in our ears, the place was, understandebly, empty, and i do not doubt that this will continue to be the case, we shall never return.
I think the renovations look marvelous. Bright and neutral colours , new sound system,bright and attravtive staff. Congratulations to them a great job.

dab69
September 4th, 2010, 05:08
thanks lots for the picture.
looks great!

lonelywombat
September 4th, 2010, 08:14
Last week David took some photos and they were posted by pattayahotmale.com
On that site is also the new menu which looks good value.

These photos give those who read the above posts a chance to make their own mind about the alterations and the poster. Why are some people so bitchy about certain venues.

First before and after pics of the bar and the dining room, then inside and from outside and the new piano area.

lonelywombat
September 4th, 2010, 08:32
This is on tonight, but for those not here ATM it keeps you in the picture

Gives the flamers and bullies something to kick the return along .