PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Hotel - Chiang Mai

davidwilsoon
July 5th, 2010, 00:23
I would like information on the Lotus Hotel - Chiang Mai. This is the small hotel on Viangbua Road which is across the street from Adam's Apple.

I have stayed there in the past but the web site has changed and no longer shows the rooms and rates. Is this hotel under new management? Is it still a good hotel? I have not been to this hotel since Nov. 2008. In the past this hotel was a great location with a friendly staff.

Any information would be appreciated.

July 5th, 2010, 12:00
I think they renovated fairly recently? Hope so.

I went there about five years ago and was shown to a dark, dingy room with well worn bedding. "Dark and dingy" would be a very charitable way to describe it. I didn't check in, moved on to another hotel.

July 5th, 2010, 21:28
I actually agree, not sure if Lotus has updated its hotel, but it certainly did look very dark and dingy and not conducive for a gay tourist. Although having said that in my opinion a lot of hotels are in the same condition, and some that charge a far higher rate than Lotus. A lot of hotels look very tired these days and charge as much as 2-3,000 bht a night. Lotus is also conducive to the price.

July 5th, 2010, 21:41
[X] Ask for their NO REFUND policy and inspect the rubber stamp.

cdnmatt
July 5th, 2010, 22:08
Just go maybe 50 feet down the street from Lotus, to the Vingbhua Mansion (sp). Excellent place, spotless clean, and great rates.

atri1666
July 6th, 2010, 00:22
Just go maybe 50 feet down the street from Lotus, to the Vingbhua Mansion (sp). Excellent place, spotless clean, and great rates.

I agree. Better place and not overpriced like the Lotus.

Beachlover
July 6th, 2010, 17:38
Lotus does look like a dump. They don't even have a single photo of their rooms on the website.

July 6th, 2010, 17:53
Last time I was there it was a Lesbian guy who owned it....

oops, a Lebanese guy.. :evil4:

July 26th, 2010, 03:13
Hi,

Just joined the forum so apologies until I get used to it.

I am hoping to visit Chiang Mai this Sept or Oct for the first time.

Was originally thinking of staying at the Lotus Hotel as it seems to be recommended by a number of gay travel sites, such as utopia-asia, dragoncastle and dredned etc, that is until I saw the comments on this forum.

Is it ok to take "friends" back to the Vingbhas Mansions as it's website appears to suggest it is family friendly.

Novice gay tourist.

July 26th, 2010, 05:32
Hi Nowvoyager,

Thanks for the prompt reply and advice re hotel and the rain.

One more question.

I went to Pattaya, dare I say it, some 20 years ago so have some catching up to do when I visit Chiang Mai.

Are the same procedures used as mentioned in Nickysgaypattaya website for picking up guys at the bars etc or is it more of a free lance scene or does even normal dating occur.

I am thinking that it's the same old story as it was 20 years ago where money talks though happy to spend as I'm after some fun.

Hope I don't sound too naive.

funseeker.

July 26th, 2010, 16:17
Review and pictures of Lotus Hotel ViangBua based on a stay in March 2009:
http://shamelessmack.wordpress.com/2009/04/29/lotus-hotel-chiang-mai-recommended/

July 27th, 2010, 20:27
Hi Nowvoyager,

Everyone to their own but I normally go for the more boyish type of look rather than muscular guys although not into ladyboys.
I've read on one of the travel websites that bottom boys are in short supply in Chiang Mai, I hope not.

With that in mind would the Night Bazar be a better place to go hunting rather than a go go place as these seem to have defined gym types.

Also does anyone know of any reasonable gay friendly hotels near the Night Bazar or is it just as well to get a tuk tuk back to where the Viangbua Mansions are located.

Many thanks

funseeker