PDA

View Full Version : Bao Bao's excellent world ...

Smiles
June 29th, 2010, 00:03
True, Bao Bao can be a happy guy ... a bit too twee sometimes for this old cynic, but decent and sincere in his own way, and in the best sense.
Also the Owner/Author/Dictator of Bao Bao's Thai World at << http://khunbaobao.blogspot.com >>.
You'll find lots to interest you here, and it's obvious Bao Bao has put in hours and hours of slogging to get it where it is. The photos are prolific and generous . . . he obviously loves Thailand, with warts et al. His many posts on this Board and others shows he is not a naive man, but certainly lacks no empathy about the people of this country.

He is also absolutely fearless at shoving cameras into other people's faces ... a quality which eludes me completely: I'm always very hesitant and self conscious about catching folks unawares.

This particular link inside the blog caught my eye, and I was thinking that my mug had been plastered on these Boards far too many times. Amazingly, it was not all-about-me, but about actual Thai smilers and their toothy grins. Well worth your time to see what you should be doing more often with your own face: << http://khunbaobao.blogspot.com/search/label/Smiles >>

Some examples of great Thai smiles on the blog:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/forum%20photos%202/smilestogether2.jpg

krobbie
June 29th, 2010, 02:30
Smiles ... you're talking to the converted in this poster. I spent about 5 hours last week going through Bao Bao's blog and reading the stories and scanning the photographs. You are indeed right, he has put a lot of time and effort into this site and you cannot help but "feel the love" as you look though it.

Cheers Smiles and fantastic work Bao Bao,
Krobbie

joe552
June 29th, 2010, 19:56
I'm also a fan of Bao Bao's blog. Shows more of Thailand than most. I've been persuaded by it to spend more time in Bangkok next trip. 'Next year in Bangkok' as they don't say in Jerusalem.

bao-bao
June 30th, 2010, 00:10
Thank you, guys. Kind of you to comment on it. Maybe it'll provide SGT members something additional to read every so often.

I guess I should also thank the trolls and less savory posters here for helping me decide to start posting to the blog back in March; I needed a break from the needless aggravation of sifting through the flaming that derails far too many of the threads here.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/W-CrocodileWelcome.jpg
The trolls prepare a warm welcome for the fresh meat - ahem - sorry... new members :laughing3:

I still check in (and pay my annual "dues") but it's been a long slump here, and I'm hoping against hope that it recovers again soon. Meanwhile, I post something almost every day to the blog. I may be taking a break for a few days while I'm away from internet connectivity later this week.

Anyway, I really enjoy being able to share stories with friends worldwide, and I've received many, many kind words of encouragement from folks who have found it via different ways - as well as comments from SGT and TT members.

With 30,000+ images taken there over the years I'll probably be able to keep posting for a while. :tard:

krobbie
June 30th, 2010, 02:36
More power to your elbow, as the saying goes. Excellent Bao Bao.

Krobbie

joe552
June 30th, 2010, 05:12
Wow, homesoon, such bitterness in one so young!

SoiVC Slut-old
June 30th, 2010, 07:05
your blog is boring and probably twice as boring as you. why don't you tell us what's really going on in in that little hypocritical life of yours.

It is rather easy to understand why Bao-Bao has decided to do less posting here.

Bob
June 30th, 2010, 07:09
your blog is boring and probably twice as boring as you. why don't you tell us what's really going on in in that little hypocritical life of yours.

It is rather easy to understand why Bao-Bao has decided to do less posting here.

And not only him. Homesoon (whoever that is - either a new named for a previously banned poster or, possibly, simply new trash on the block) is the perfect example why some choose to steer clear of these halls. It's too damn bad that somebody's view of free speech allows people like that to infest the place.

June 30th, 2010, 08:57

And not only him. Homesoon (whoever that is - either a new named for a previously banned poster or, possibly, simply new trash on the block) is the perfect example why some choose to steer clear of these halls. It's too damn bad that somebody's view of free speech allows people like that to infest the place.

It's a pity we can't all be as interesting as you and smiles ( and the tingtongers) :sign5: :sign5:

June 30th, 2010, 21:51
The trolls prepare a warm welcome for the fresh meat - ahem - sorry... new members
[X] Spot on. Our self-appointed ushers are easily challenged and behave like trashy trolls.

simply new trash on the block
[X] It's official now, "trash" is a harmless noun. Please use it without restraint but not without colour adjectives.

Beachlover
July 4th, 2010, 01:44

See... that's just uncalled for and blatantly rude with no justification. Shows you're another bitter old fuckstick with little to live for...

bao-bao
July 11th, 2010, 01:07
Ignoring the tolling, and in appreciation for the kind words:

For those interested in seeing a little of the "home lives" of some of the club guys from Isaan, there's a story posted today you might enjoy. The idea was suggested by a member of the forum here, and I was happy to oblige.

http://khunbaobao.blogspot.com/2010/07/out-in-rice-paddies.html

joe552
July 11th, 2010, 03:22
Bao Bao - you're blog continues to entertain and enlighten. Great work, thanks.