PDA

View Full Version : The UK pound to Thai Bht

June 28th, 2010, 07:25
I've noticed a very slight recovery of the pound around 48-49 to the pound. Certainly up from its lows a month ago. And there's more Euros to the UK pound also.

travelerjim
June 28th, 2010, 07:36
I've noticed a very slight recovery of the pound around 48-49 to the pound. Certainly up from its lows a month ago. And there's more Euros to the UK pound also.

and..the dollar still in the doldrums...32'ish :dontknow:
and the Thai economic/political situation as confusing as ever....

but, I have noticed that a few of the gents regularly
partaking in the glorious menus described on this board...
reportedly have gained added "pounds"... :snorting:
if that counts for anything?

tj

June 28th, 2010, 07:48
It has helped to keep the rif raf and benifit cheats away

June 28th, 2010, 08:52
Benefit cheats are rich - in the Daily Mail at the weekend was a story of an Iraqi woman who claimed asylum in Britain and Ireland, claimed around ┬г700,000, owned three houses and claimed mortgage relief from the state, sent her son to a private school. Who knows if she had elaborate holidays!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l-son.html (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1289654/Iraqi-asylum-cheat-got-700-000-benefits-houses-private-school-son.html)

June 28th, 2010, 09:46
And there are the usual ones from north west england hanging around Mikes bar La Cage in sunee at the moment

goji
June 29th, 2010, 01:14
Benefits are a cheat.

The lazy c*nts should get out & work for a living, rather than wasting taxpayers money.

June 30th, 2010, 02:04
Benefit cheats are rich - in the Daily Mail at the weekend was a story of an Iraqi woman who claimed asylum in Britain and Ireland, claimed around ┬г700,000, owned three houses and claimed mortgage relief from the state, sent her son to a private school. Who knows if she had elaborate holidays!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l-son.html (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1289654/Iraqi-asylum-cheat-got-700-000-benefits-houses-private-school-son.html)

Ah, the Daily Mail - the English update of Der Sturmer.

http://www.cwporter.com/stuermer.jpg

:bounce:

joe552
June 30th, 2010, 02:50
Luckily, it's only foreigners who cheat the benefits system in the UK. Can you imagine what the bill would be if home grown cheats were to start to copy the foreigners? Of course, British people wouldn't dream of doing that.

And I'm happy to say the same about Ireland, too.

June 30th, 2010, 04:01
Luckily, it's only foreigners who cheat the benefits system in the UK. Can you imagine what the bill would be if home grown cheats were to start to copy the foreigners? Of course, British people wouldn't dream of doing that.

Dear Daily Mail,

Why Oh Why Oh Why, do we keep letting these people into England?

I was at one of my outdoor "meetings" on the Town moor at midnight last Tuesday and that nice Mr Griffin told me that Johnny Foreigner now makes up 98.3% of the UK population and is responsible for 327% of the crime! At least I think it was Mr Griffin - I'm sure I recognised him through the eyeholes in his hood.

They come over here illegally, take all our jobs, stink the place out with their funny food, and stop decent young English couples like my daughter Tracey-Chantelle and her boyfriend Troy from getting a Council house.

And it's getting worse you know - I went to see my sister in Bradford last week ....I felt like a spot on a domino.

Bring back Enoch Powell I say!

Yours

Mrs B. Manning
Whitehaven

June 30th, 2010, 05:48

Dear Daily Mail,

Why Oh Why Oh Why, do we keep letting these people into England?

I was at one of my outdoor "meetings" on the Town moor at midnight last Tuesday and that nice Mr Griffin told me that Johnny Foreigner now makes up 98.3% of the UK population and is responsible for 327% of the crime! At least I think it was Mr Griffin - I'm sure I recognised him through the eyeholes in his hood.

They come over here illegally, take all our jobs, stink the place out with their funny food, and stop decent young English couples like my daughter Tracey-Chantelle and her boyfriend Troy from getting a Council house.

And it's getting worse you know - I went to see my sister in Bradford last week ....I felt like a spot on a domino.

Bring back Enoch Powell I say!

Yours

Mrs B. Manning
Whitehaven

Well being a Scotsman you should be an expert on sponging after all the as a nation you have sponged of the English for years (even before the discovery of north sea oil) :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

July 1st, 2010, 18:29
Well I have just brought some money over from my Investments in the Uk and received 48.38 baht to the pound sterling, so its creeping up in the right direction?

I've never heard Disability Living Allowance called an "investment" before

:hello1:

July 1st, 2010, 20:12
Whatever it's called, the money ain't gonna last long in Thailand - the last thing I would do is bring money out to Thailand in bulk.

July 1st, 2010, 21:53
[quote="CastityBoi"}

Well being a Scotsman you should be an expert on sponging after all the as a nation you have sponged of the English for years (even before the discovery of north sea oil) :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:[/quote]

Is that right?

How come they fight tooth and nail to hang on to us then?

You REALLY need to do some research - and I mean RESEARCH, not just parrotting what you read in the Daily Mail.

Tit.

:occasion9:

July 2nd, 2010, 18:24
[quote="CastityBoi"}

Well being a Scotsman you should be an expert on sponging after all the as a nation you have sponged of the English for years (even before the discovery of north sea oil) :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

Is that right?

How come they fight tooth and nail to hang on to us then?

You REALLY need to do some research - and I mean RESEARCH, not just parrotting what you read in the Daily Mail.

Tit.

:occasion9:[/quote]

RESEARCH OK . Was it not Scots who voted against independence in the 70's? Why? Could it be they were afraid they could not survive without the English.

They are like snotty nosed children clinging to their mothers apron strings, even today we are having to subsidise their toy parliament.

If you are so independent why do you keep asking Westminster for more money...Don't get your kilt in a twist dear.... :sign5: :sign5: :sign5: :sign5:

July 3rd, 2010, 02:48
[quote="CastityBoi"]

CastityBoi:
Was it not Scots who voted against independence in the 70's? Why?

How can I put this so that a cretin like yourself can easily understand..... how about NO... is that clear enough?

If you would like to quote your source I would be delighted to know it, as there has never BEEN an opportunity to "vote for Independence" per se.

If you are referring to the Devolution Referendum in the late 70's - which had nothing to do with Independence - the YES votes actually outnumbered the NO votes in a simple majority - but the Labour Govt at the time had inserted a clause which counted all the non-voters as well as lunatics, prisoners, and even the DEAD as "NO" voters, therefore the Act was not implemented. This led directly to the Scottish National Party bringing down the Callaghan-led Labour Government.

CastityBoi:
Could it be they were afraid they could not survive without the English. They are like snotty nosed children clinging to their mothers apron strings, even today we are having to subsidise their toy parliament.

Oh you gave yourself away there didn't you with the use of 'WE'.... but to cut to the chase:

Firstly, the running costs of the Scottish Parliament comes out of Scottish expenditure. The cost of the BUILDING may have come out of UK expenditure ( I do not know denitively) since it was the UK Govt who commissioned it and, by definition there was no Scottish Government at the time.

The latest Government Expenditure and Revenue Scotland (GERS) report for 2008-09 includes a share of the UK Government's Financial Sector Interventions to support the banking sector.

Even with that spending factored in, Scotland's financial position in 2008-09 was a current budget surplus of ┬г1.3 billion, or 0.9 per cent of GDP, including a geographical share of North Sea revenues. At the same time, the UK was in current budget deficit of ┬г48.9 billion, or 3.4 per cent of GDP, including 100 per cent of North Sea revenues.

GERS also estimates Scotland's net fiscal balance - which factors in capital and infrastructure investment for the nation's long term benefit. On this measure Scotland had a deficit of ┬г3.8 billion or 2.6 per cent of GDP. In comparison, the UK's deficit was substantially greater, standing at ┬г96.1 billion or 6.7 per cent of GDP.

Across the OECD as a whole, the average net fiscal balance was 3.3 per cent of GDP in 2008. In other words, GERS shows Scotland in a stronger fiscal position than the average of the major developed economies, as well as the United Kingdom.

The cumulative value of Scotland's current budget surplus over the four year period from 2005-06 to 2008-09 now stands at some ┬г3.5 billion. Over this same period, the UK built up a deficit of ┬г72.3 billion.

The cumulative value of Scotland's current budget surplus over the four year period from 2005-06 to 2008-09 now stands at some ┬г3.5 billion. Over this same period, the UK built up a deficit of ┬г72.3 billion.

Now, turning to how much is spent per head by region - if we look at HM Treasury's figures for 2008/09, this is a breakdown of Govt spending on services per head:

Northern Ireland ┬г10,003, London ┬г9666, Scotland ┬г9538, Wales ┬г9162, North East (England) ┬г8783 - so who benefits most? Clearly not Scotland. Why then are you not shouting your mouth off at the Northern Irish, the Welsh, the Londoners, and to a lesser extent, the Geordies?

And while we are on the subject of Parliaments, let's not forget that in the UK Parliament the English have over 500 of the 625 MPs - they're hardly a persecuted minority. Let's remember also that when the North East of England had the opportunity to have their own Parliament just a few years ago - they bottled it. And let's throw in a mention for the elected Mayor of London - a complete buffoon!

CastityBoi:
If you are so independent why do you keep asking Westminster for more money...

Hmmm well it's like this...... we send all our revenues south, and we get pocket money back as if we were bloody kids. We get back LESS than we put in and currently our expenditure is even robbed to pay for the Olympic Games 500 miles away - so why shouldn't we want more? Is that simple enough?

Now I personally do not have anything against the English - but some of you really need to move away from the Joseph Goebbels school of propaganda: "If you tell a lie often enough it becomes the truth"

:hello1: :hello1:

July 3rd, 2010, 03:47
After all that huffing and puffing you're still ruled by England so you will just have to lump it Jimmy...... :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

goji
July 3rd, 2010, 04:33
Gordon Brown is Scottish. Therefore Scotland can have independence tomorrow as far as I'm concerned.

July 3rd, 2010, 05:04
After all that huffing and puffing you're still ruled by England so you will just have to lump it Jimmy...... :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

If it pleases you to think so my sweet.

:love4:

July 3rd, 2010, 05:07
Gordon Brown is Scottish. Therefore Scotland can have independence tomorrow as far as I'm concerned.

I'd rather have Brown than Thatcher.

I would have thought Jeremy Thorpe was more your type.

Bitten any pillows recently?

:hello1:

July 3rd, 2010, 05:47
Jimmy's getting her tartan skirt in a twist............. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: They don't wear knickers you know.

July 3rd, 2010, 17:55
Jimmy's getting her tartan skirt in a twist............. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: They don't wear knickers you know.

You're right - I don't - as one of the "hosts" in Dream Boys found out when his curiosity got the better of him!

July 3rd, 2010, 20:03

You're right - I don't - as one of the "hosts" in Dream Boys found out when his curiosity got the better of him!

Is that when the Dreamboy's dream turned into his worst nightmare........... :laughing3: :hello1: :laughing3: :hello1: :laughing3: :hello1:

July 4th, 2010, 00:27
It's not that big.

July 4th, 2010, 04:33
Unlike your HEAD then.... :headbang: :headbang:

July 4th, 2010, 04:47
I can't help being perfect.

July 4th, 2010, 16:05
Look in the mirror sweetie......YOUR SCOTTISH..... :occasion9: :occasion9: :occasion9: :occasion9: