PDA

View Full Version : Jet airways, any experience?

gearguy
June 25th, 2010, 06:00
Looking into a trip in the fall and Jet Airways, an Indian carrier, has some decent fares. Plus never been to
India and might do a stop-over on my way there. They connect via brussels then either mumbai or dehli onto bangkok. Any one have any experience with their service? and if I stay over India, should I stay in Mumbai or Dehli?

Thanks for any advice.

June 25th, 2010, 17:07
I haven't been with Jet Airways, but Kingfisher Airways is similar and of similar pricing. Kingfisher is a new breed of airline come out of India and reports are that it is an excellent airline, I suspect Jet is of similar breed, and for the price, well they are reasonable. The only problem is the stop off in Mumbai - I've no idea what that place is like.

June 25th, 2010, 19:15
I have used Jet Airways several times. Never again. Even if I have to pay more! When you arrive in Delhi your are not allowed to go to your next gate. You have to wait for some staff person to contact you in a 'holding area'. Your bags have to be manually transferred. All carzy!

On another airline Delhi is much better than Mumbai for air travel. Delhi is also, my opinion, the better place for a stop over. If you want to see the city via a private tour re-post here and I can recommend my agent in Delhi.

June 25th, 2010, 19:19
I haven't been with Jet Airways, but Kingfisher Airways is similar and of similar pricing. Kingfisher is a new breed of airline come out of India and reports are that it is an excellent airline, I suspect Jet is of similar breed, and for the price, well they are reasonable. The only problem is the stop off in Mumbai - I've no idea what that place is like.

I would just like to second what WhiteDesire has said - Kingfisher is usually only a little more expensive than Jet and many travellers are reporting almost business class service at an low Economy fare.

Well worth looking into.

:occasion9:

anakot
June 26th, 2010, 13:25
Looking into a trip in the fall and Jet Airways, an Indian carrier, has some decent fares. Plus never been to
India and might do a stop-over on my way there. They connect via brussels then either mumbai or dehli onto bangkok. Any one have any experience with their service? and if I stay over India, should I stay in Mumbai or Dehli?

Thanks for any advice.

I've flown with Jet Airway to Mumbai rtn from Hong Kong. The on board service was excellent and overall I was impressed with the service. Would definitely fly again. Both Mumbai and Dehli are worth a visit. The part of Delhi I saw reminded me of a 'govt' town. Wide roads, big buildings set back,Vast monuments. Food everywhere great. The people can be pretty insistent but then if you don't make a noise you'll get no oil...

June 28th, 2010, 01:06
You might get some further details here:

Jet Airways, quoted as an 3-star airline http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/jet.htm
or
Kingfisher Airlines, quoted as an 5-star airline: http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/kingfisher.htm

Unlike Jet Airways, I never ever had any trouble with Kingfisher Airlines.

:notworthy:

anakot
July 1st, 2010, 18:01
You might get some further details here:

Jet Airways, quoted as an 3-star airline http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/jet.htm
or
Kingfisher Airlines, quoted as an 5-star airline: http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/kingfisher.htm

Unlike Jet Airways, I never ever had any trouble with Kingfisher Airlines.

:notworthy:

1. So what exactly is the difference between a '3 star' airline and a '5 star' airline. I'd like to know. I have flown many, many airlines and they are all crud and don't deserve ratings. Most of them are so far up their own bum holes they wouldn't know what it meant. I mean, give me a f**king break. Just flew Cathay PATHETIC Business Class in their herring bone layout. What a f**king uncomfortable and useless outfit. Give me Tahi any day. Wider seats in Coach.

2. Ttom. So what trouble have you had with Jet Airways. You don't give details. As you are bagging the airline then I think you need to specify what 'trouble' you had.

Have a nice day...

July 3rd, 2010, 02:09
1. So what exactly is the difference between a '3 star' airline and a '5 star' airline. I'd like to know. I have flown many, many airlines and they are all crud and don't deserve ratings. Most of them are so far up their own bum holes they wouldn't know what it meant. I mean, give me a f**king break. Just flew Cathay PATHETIC Business Class in their herring bone layout. What a f**king uncomfortable and useless outfit. Give me Tahi any day. Wider seats in Coach.

2. Ttom. So what trouble have you had with Jet Airways. You don't give details. As you are bagging the airline then I think you need to specify what 'trouble' you had.

Have a nice day...

Jet airways:
Planes / Toilets: Very dirty.
Seats: Tired. Uncomfortable.
Meals severed: simply awful; also refused by Indians.
Dinks served: Substandard
Service: Very slow, mixed.
Staff ability to communion, both ground and plane: Very poor.
All flights delayed. Poor information and ground services regarding connecting flights.
Staff both ground and plane: Overworked. Unfriendly.

No further comments needed. Thank you.

Syktrax ranking definition (which reflects officially recognised standards):

5 Star Ranking : The 'ultimate' ranking, awarded to airlines achieving the highest Quality performance. 5 Star status recognizes airlines at the forefront of product and service delivery achievement, that generally set trends to be followed by other carriers. This Ranking is assessed by SKYTRAX after detailed Product and Service standards analysis for each featured airline, and is NOT connected in any way to customer ratings across the Forum pages on this site.

A 5 Star ranking recognises highest standard of Product across the different quality assessment categories, and consistently high standards of Staff Service delivery in Onboard and Airport environments.

3 STAR RANKING: The 3 Star ranking signifies a "satisfactory" standard of core Product across most travel categories - but reflects poor or less consistent standards of Staff Service / Product quality in selected Onboard or Airport features. This Ranking is assessed by SKYTRAX after detailed Product and Service standards analysis for each featured airline, and is NOT connected in any way to customer ratings across the Forum pages on this site.

Beachlover
July 4th, 2010, 09:50
I have flown many, many airlines and they are all crud and don't deserve ratings.

I think if ALL airlines are crud to you without exception than you need to lower your expectations. I mean, what are you expecting? A double bed and a blowjob?

anakot
July 4th, 2010, 11:18
I think if ALL airlines are crud to you without exception than you need to lower your expectations. I mean, what are you expecting? A double bed and a blowjob?

Having sat every where over the years I am now resigned to Coach centre isle... I do however find all this talk about star ratings tedious. Nonsense really. Coach travel will always be 'misery' and Business Class 'misery lite'.

Beachlover - While a double bed would be great what would be more practical is if you could check-in online for a blowjob (givin' or takin') at the same time as you reserve your seat. You know back row, on the isle, near the bog for those late night tissues...

July 4th, 2010, 14:01
I have flown many, many airlines and they are all crud and don't deserve ratings.

:sign5:
I can see it now at the check-in: "Good afternoon Sir, I see you've booked a smoking flight.Would you like to be smoked,or do you prefer to do the smoking"?

Beachlover
July 4th, 2010, 19:55

:sign5:
I can see it now at the check-in: "Good afternoon Sir, I see you've booked a smoking flight.Would you like to be smoked,or do you prefer to do the smoking"?

Yes, we need to fix up that online form. Damn customers always forget to specify lol.

Beachlover
July 4th, 2010, 20:02
I do however find all this talk about star ratings tedious. Nonsense really. Coach travel will always be 'misery' and Business Class 'misery lite'.

I agree flying can be tedious and a pain.

But you don't think there's a significant difference between business/first and economy?

Or a significant difference in the experience with a '5-star' airline where the service is great, helpful and friendly, and they serve (relatively) good food, have (relatively) comfortable seats ... compared with flying with an airline with shite aging seats, less room, crap unfriendly service and inhumane food/drink service?

Might all be shite to you but the airlines work pretty hard to compete on all this stuff and win customers... and it works.

*relative to other airlines)

July 7th, 2010, 22:50
This whole star rating business is more often than not just that: a business. The ratings aren't simply a result of passenger opinion. As with all such surveys, the airline's own effort into obtaining that rating (i.e. ┬гтВм┬е$ ) should not be underestimated!

That said, I have flown Jet Airways a couple of times, and found them to be one of the better options out there, all things considered. You can sometimes encounter slightly amateurish crew, and the entertainment selection can be improved for sure. But I would pick Jet over much of the competition on a competing route.

As for the connection at Mumbai airport, well, there are definitely worse places to connect in. However, it is usually a short layover, without any need to change terminals or take a bus so it all works out pretty well. There are many good things about India, but infrastructure isn't one of them!

Beachlover
July 8th, 2010, 07:36
That's true... but when airlines rate themselves, they're setting and managing customer expectations. Rate yourself 5-star and if you don't deliver a 5-star experience (subject to perception) your brand won't look favourable.

July 9th, 2010, 23:08
That's true... but when airlines rate themselves, they're setting and managing customer expectations. Rate yourself 5-star and if you don't deliver a 5-star experience (subject to perception) your brand won't look favourable.
That depends. I just took a look at the stupid Skytrax rankings. Turns out they rate all of the following wildly disparate airlines as 3 star:
Aeroflot, Alaska Airlines, Jet Airways, Pakistan Air, SAS and United Airlines.

And less-than-stellar airlines such as Finnair, Garuda and South African are rated 4 star.

How utterly silly.

Beachlover
July 10th, 2010, 14:06
Ah yes, but that's an external rating. Not a self rating as I was suggesting.

I do agree the Skytrax thing looks silly. But there's so many different areas to rate an airline it can't be easy. One man's potato (hypothetical e.g. good service on Garuda) might be another man's lemon (shite safety record).