PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Boy - the book

June 19th, 2010, 15:08
I just finished reading the "Bangkok Boy," the purported first-hand account of a former gogo boy in Bangkok by the name of Chai Pinit. The story, which was apparently ghost-written by someone by the name of Soshan Itsarachon, is a pretty gripping account of the gay sex industry in Bangkok, namely Soi Twilight and elsewhere around Silom. The book is a good read and well-edited. I finished it in two days.

However, some reviews have caused doubts on its alleged authenticity, claiming that the book was actually written by a farang.

Does anyone know anything about the book's background? It was published by Maverick Books about two years ago. I bought it from the bookshop at MBK.

bao-bao
June 19th, 2010, 21:17
Read it over a couple of less hectic days there back in 2008 myself. I thought it was a good story; well written and engaging.

It doesn't really matter if it's strictly factual or not, does it? The job of an author is to tell the tale, and this one is worth reading.

If you can't abide people claiming to be someone they're not you'd be well advised to quit reading this forum :rolling:

MiniMee
June 19th, 2010, 22:40
I too read it about a year ago and yes I also heard comments as to who the writer was!

Really? Care to share who you heard the author is?

CHAOTOU
June 20th, 2010, 10:37
I have read the book and have met Chai. He is in and around Soi Twilight every day. I met him while having a drink at the Banana Bar. He actually came up and introduced himself. If you want to meet him, i'm sure you can ask at the Banana Bar, or probably any bar, and they will point him out. I'm sure he is more than willing to tell you all about his book, his life and answer your questions if you'd like.

June 20th, 2010, 15:42
This thread's got me very curious so I just ordered the book and I will read it during my hol in Bkk..

camperboy
June 20th, 2010, 16:25
gonna buy it next month when im in bkk!! :rolling: :rolling:

Beachlover
June 20th, 2010, 19:00
Oh don't read it camper! You're a happy guy and this is not a happy story. :-)

camperboy
June 20th, 2010, 20:14

maybe i can emo a little bit.. haah

June 20th, 2010, 22:14
Why waste good money on books or DVDs like these when you can just run yourself a hot bath; take a few good swigs from the Gin bottle; put a Leonard Cohen album on the hi-fi; unwrap a fresh Gillette, and climb in?

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

June 21st, 2010, 00:56
how vintage are you!

Why waste good money on books or DVDs like these when you can just run yourself a hot bath; take a few good swigs from the Gin bottle; put a Leonard Cohen album on the hi-fi; unwrap a fresh Gillette, and climb in?

June 21st, 2010, 06:14
how vintage are you!

Are you referring to the bath, the Gin, the Leonard Cohen or the razor blades dear?

:occasion9:

June 21st, 2010, 13:46
Let's say I'm not referring to the bath..

how vintage are you!

[quote="scottish-guy":3tuylyq2]Why waste good money on books or DVDs like these when you can just run yourself a hot bath; take a few good swigs from the Gin bottle; put a Leonard Cohen album on the hi-fi; unwrap a fresh Gillette, and climb in?

Are you referring to the bath, the Gin, the Leonard Cohen or the razor blades dear?

:occasion9:[/quote:3tuylyq2]

Beachlover
June 21st, 2010, 15:43

maybe i can emo a little bit.. haah

Well ok, but stay happy lol.