PDA

View Full Version : good investments/small flats

April 22nd, 2006, 07:39
Don't forget the remodeling every couple years and the wear and tear of normal rentals. Also you will need someone to manage the apartments and rent them for you. And you have the insurance and electric water and sewer bills to handle. It sounds good until you actually set the numbers down and I doubt that if you have to borrow the money to do this that the rental will be will offset the interest you will pay on the loans. If you have the money to invest without borrowing it then you shopuld be able to make a decent living by doing it.

lonelywombat
April 22nd, 2006, 09:36
I love going to Thailand between MAY and Sept,sometimes i go for a week at a time or 2 weeks.I usually go 4 to 5 times however this year because of my now 3 mortgages and my tenants in mount druitt who dont think they have to pay the rent out of their social security money i have decided to cut it back to probaly two times only longer visits.
I think 7 nights is toooooooo short so getting 7 weeks annual leave a year i dont like to take it all at once ,i would rather split it.
I

It seems like you want to specialize in renting run down studios to poor people at unreasonable rents.
Studios like you have in sydney would go for much less say here say 6000b, and in slow season could well be vacant for several months.
This brings the average rent closer to 4000b and then you have insurance, management and letting fees and maintenance.
I think for you it is a great idea and you should borrow as much as you can to do this right now.
Prove everybody wrong.

paulg
April 22nd, 2006, 10:54
See its ok for most of you,you areall mostly retired,you can afford to go to thailand a 100 times a year,but i have to work for my money.I bet youse never worked,have you ever worked shift work? one week getting up at 4am in the morning,next week working nights etc,no you have never had to do it tough.how do u think i feel getting up at 4am on a cold winters day.You can sit back in retirement,I cant,i have to go to work.I guess people like you are lucky
.ALL you retired people have no idea what its like to have to go to work.
You are all getting up at midday everyday.
Spare a thought for the working people who have to pay mortgages on investment properties and save up for the future.
You people should try getting up at 4am in the morning to find out what its like to work.How would you like to work a 12 hr shift like i have to do sometimes.I would rather be in Pattaya.

Obviously having to go to work is something recently invented. Mortgages on investment properties fascinating.
Paid holidays and pensions plus sick leave and double time for holidays.
Surely you have it soft.
Why dont you get out in the real world and work for yourself instead of the Government.
Find out that 12 hour days can be the norm in business with no softcock options like overtime,paid sick leave and 7 weeks paid holiday every year, or pension on retirement.
Show you are a man not a mouse, become a full time investor instead of a parking inspector.
Thrill us all.

April 22nd, 2006, 13:09
DELETED

April 23rd, 2006, 16:17
...a Studio in DARLINGHURST,SYDNEY Im looking at is 21SQM
Such luxury!... About twice-the-size of my loo.
But my loo has a balcony.
Why don't you drop over sometime.

...and they want $160 000 plus AUD for it, about 5 million baht. That was after dodging the drug addicts and the hobos.... Good cafes downstairs,despite the shooting murder last Thursday night in Oxford St,apparently there was 50 people in the toilet at the time of the murder.
Sounds charming...till you move in--And there goes the neighborhood.

...I want to be a slumlord...
One investment property I have has no doors.
If anyone's cut out to be a slum lord, it's you!... You are, to slums, a movable feast!
Thai custom in poor...dare I say, 'townhouses': like those on your left near the Essarn nightclub, on the way to Jomtien...Tenants supply their own doors: when they leave they take the door--New tenants bring their own door. And their own chickens.

Rental income always sounds better on paper. Why don't you open a chicken restaurant instead.

April 24th, 2006, 00:01
Retired folks in Thailand geneally DO KNOW quite well what it is to work.
They are now retired, just not working NOW.
When some of them run out of money and consider what it would be like to go back to work, some of them jump.