PDA

View Full Version : Airport meter taxi

Blueskytoday
June 14th, 2010, 16:55
Last time I arrived at the new airport,,when I exited customs,,,
I made a left turn, and went downstairs to the first floor.

NOW someone told me,,upon exiting customs, you make a right turn and
the METERED taxi's are right there..]
Is this correct?

Can I still go up to the next floor and catch an incoming taxi leaving off
someone, or too difficult..
Thanks.

Dboy
June 14th, 2010, 17:34
downstairs same as before.

gumblebee
June 14th, 2010, 23:21
First they moved up to the arrivals level (after customs), fairly recently they've moved downstairs again.

billy2bs
June 15th, 2010, 04:09
A good question fort sure...can someone tell me approximately how much the taxi would be from the new airport to Pattay by meter.
I wont be going till March but will like 5to plan ahead so as to have the money availabe since I wont get there from USA till after midnite. Thanks

fedssocr
June 15th, 2010, 07:32
rather than a meter taxi you might do better contracting with one of the many car services that do the airport-Pattaya run. I used The Limo Pattaya last year. Cost Bt2400 total airtport to central Pattaya and then return Pattaya to central BKK. Very new cars, decent drivers.

June 15th, 2010, 12:12
Whatever happened to MrDreamtransport ? Does he only cater for breeders now ?
He was doing the airport/Pattaya for 1200 bht. A bit more if you wanted a boy in the back of the cab to accompany you to your hotel. It would be interesting to know if anyone tried this service and how much extra it was.

netrix
June 15th, 2010, 13:21
I've used gay owned Image Limo several times http://www.imagelimo.com/ but they're a little high at 2700 baht.
I've also used Mr T. before. 1000 baht http://www.paradise-pattaya.com/taxi-to-pattaya.html
Last time i found a tout on the upper level willing to negotiate. 800 baht. If you walk up the ramp from the lower level looking around like you're lost you'll be propositioned by a few discreet private cab guys.
The meter taxis outside the lower level will all charge the same flat rate, no meter. I believe its 1200 to Pattaya.
Next time I might be brave enough to try http://www.belltravelservice.com for 350 baht
or http://airportpattayabus.com/Home_Page.html for 124 baht. That's crazy! 4 bucks in an aircon bus for a 2 hour ride.

jinks
June 15th, 2010, 15:00
I've used gay owned Image Limo several times http://www.imagelimo.com/ but they're a little high at 2700 baht.

If you want excellent service book the Image VIP Transfer.
The driver's representative is waiting at the air-bridge with you name sign.
You don't have to pick it out of a forest of signs at the meeting point.

You are Zipped through fast-track immigration and as you collect your luggage the car is called to the exit door.

Well worth the extra, no hassle, no delays, a relaxing way to arrive at BKK.

Dboy
June 15th, 2010, 19:17
Regular Taxi is 1500bt from Swampy to Pattaya.

tomas1
June 16th, 2010, 12:10
I went in on Image website. How can they charge more than the double of the "going rate" for transfer airport-Pattaya? 2700 bath. Anyone can explain what is so special with their services? The meet and great service outside the plane seems a good service item.

June 16th, 2010, 13:48
Bell Travel Service to Pattaya is only 200 baht from Swampy - 350 baht gets you there from central BKK. But last service is at 6PM so it's no good for evening arrivals.

Regular taxis should be able to get you there for a fixed 1200 baht, and 800 (or less) return. When returning just flag one off the street. On my way back from Jomtien last time I stopped at a stand advertising 800 baht taxis to the airport - the taxi driver paid 300 for my fare, which I thought was a bit rich just for someone to flag a taxi down for me.

maisoui
June 16th, 2010, 14:53
Bell Travel Service to Pattaya is only 200 baht from Swampy - 350 baht gets you there from central BKK. But last service is at 6PM so it's no good for evening arrivals.

Regular taxis should be able to get you there for a fixed 1200 baht, and 800 (or less) return. When returning just flag one off the street. On my way back from Jomtien last time I stopped at a stand advertising 800 baht taxis to the airport - the taxi driver paid 300 for my fare, which I thought was a bit rich just for someone to flag a taxi down for me.

LoS = Land of Scams :rolling: :rolling:

bao-bao
June 17th, 2010, 06:33
Pardon me quoting myself from a post a while back, but Mr. Toom's limo service has been just fine at least a dozen times:

...seeing your name on a sign as you exit "arrivals", having your luggage tended to and loaded for a relaxed trip (with or without the rest/food/drink/hong nam stop along the way) and being delivered to the front door of your lodging is pretty darned nice. I've never used Image, but have had a half dozen or so very timely and professional experiences with drivers from Mr. Toom's limo service. His service fee is 1,200 Baht including tolls and he can be reached by phone at 01-4827148 or 03-0178066. He (or whoever does his email) is prompt to reply if you email them at toom39@msn.com so it's arranged and confirmed before you leave home.

netrix
June 17th, 2010, 13:44
I went in on Image website. How can they charge more than the double of the "going rate" for transfer airport-Pattaya? 2700 bath. Anyone can explain what is so special with their services? The meet and great service outside the plane seems a good service item.

Yea...
Imagine you're exhausted after a long flight and you're met before even getting to the line
at customs by your driver holding a card with your name on it. He helps you with your luggage
(you don't touch it again until you're in your hotel.)

The driver whisks you though security and into the waiting car, not an ordinary taxi, but
a nice, new sedan with leather seating, freezing cold A.C., a cold towel to freshen up,
bottled water, an assortment of magazines in English, and a dvd player with an assortment
of dvds. The driver will ask you if you want to listen to the radio or a cd. He'll ask if you
want to stop half way to Pattaya for a pitstop and go to the restroom or get a snack.
He'll take you straight to your hotel, he already has the address and phone number from
your reservation. He's polite, speaks enough English to be helpful, and is on time and
more interested in giving good service than on anything else.

No loud Issan music playing while you're trying to take a nap.
No windows down because the aircon doesn't work.
No maniac driving stunts racing down the freeway nat break-neck speed.
No getting lost.
No missed pickup at the airport.
No negotiating on fees or having to pay extra for the toll booths.
No wondering if your driver even knows where he's going since he doesn't speak your language.

I've used Image 3 times. Always legendary service. Very well worth it.
Especially your first time to a city you've never been to. Five Stars!! Highly recommended.
http://www.imagelimo.com

Beachlover
June 17th, 2010, 16:52
A good question fort sure...can someone tell me approximately how much the taxi would be from the new airport to Pattay by meter.
I wont be going till March but will like 5to plan ahead so as to have the money availabe since I wont get there from USA till after midnite. Thanks

You should be able to get a regular meter taxi down 800-900 baht. For such a long trip, negotiate a fixed rate instead of using the meter.

Wait in the meter taxi line... or... go upstairs to the arrival level where you can catch an incoming taxi (ignore the police/guard who will whistle and yell at you).

Beachlover
June 17th, 2010, 16:57

Premium service. Some people just want that peace of mind... safety... comfort... seamless service. Same as business class flights I suppose.

Beachlover
June 17th, 2010, 17:02
Can I still go up to the next floor and catch an incoming taxi leaving off
someone, or too difficult..
Thanks.

Yes, upstairs on the the departures level, if I remember right. Has it changed now?

If the police/guard starts whistling/yelling at you, don't panic. Just ignore him, calmly get in the cab you've chosen and speed away. It beats waiting 5 to 10 mins in the official taxi line at arrivals. It always pisses me off that you have to wait 5 to 10 mins... not because there's not enough taxis (there's probably about 100 taxis in line) or there's too many passengers (the line's usually short)... but because the desk staff can't be arsed to process the passengers quickly. Everybody (both drivers and passengers) have to stand there waiting for them to push bits of paper around.

Beachlover
June 17th, 2010, 17:03
Whatever happened to MrDreamtransport ? Does he only cater for breeders now ?
He was doing the airport/Pattaya for 1200 bht. A bit more if you wanted a boy in the back of the cab to accompany you to your hotel. It would be interesting to know if anyone tried this service and how much extra it was.

Must've gotten bored of the touting game. It wasn't actually his business... it was a Thai guy's business and he was just helping him out by reeling in bookings from the web. I'm not saying this is bad though... The service is fine.

camperboy
June 17th, 2010, 20:39
is it true, the train from airport to city is running?

June 17th, 2010, 20:42
From what I read it's only a test for a limited time, though passengers can book a trial..

netrix
June 18th, 2010, 05:05
Beachlover,
that's actually inaccurate. as a few posters have mentioned, all of the meter taxis licensed to run at the airport charge a flat fee. No negotiating. no meters. the flat fee is the same for every poor soul getting off a plane.

You should be able to get a regular meter taxi down 800-900 baht. For such a long trip, negotiate a fixed rate instead of using the meter. (NOT TRUE)

Wait in the meter taxi line... or... go upstairs to the arrival level where you can catch an incoming taxi (ignore the police/guard who will whistle and yell at you).

yaraboy
June 18th, 2010, 08:51
I now always go to Arrivals and immediately pickup a taxi...........I think some of the Departure 50 baht crowd probably run their meters before arriving so that 35 baht switches higher almost immediately. The new train service will not be of much use to most of us...........cost 150baht and then taxi to final destination.

quiet1
June 18th, 2010, 13:48
From what I read it's only a test for a limited time, though passengers can book a trial..

See this thaivisa.com thread for more information: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Airport-Rail-Link-again-Sorry-t369458.html

Apparently the train test is initially from Phaya Thai non-stop to the airport, with additional stations being added as time goes by. The test runs do not operate on the weekend, only Mon-Fri, at the specified times. Supposedly the test runs will operate through to August when it's set to officially open on Mothers Day (The Queen's Birthday). It's free, as well, until the official opening!

I cleaned up the picture of the train schedule from thaivisa.com and attached it here:

Beachlover
June 18th, 2010, 14:17
How recently did that change? I've got a rate for less than 1,000 before. I remember it was either 800 or 900. Regular meter taxi. Went upstairs to the departure level to get an incoming taxi.

Beachlover,
that's actually inaccurate. as a few posters have mentioned, all of the meter taxis licensed to run at the airport charge a flat fee. No negotiating. no meters. the flat fee is the same for every poor soul getting off a plane.

You should be able to get a regular meter taxi down 800-900 baht. For such a long trip, negotiate a fixed rate instead of using the meter. (NOT TRUE)