View Full Version : Another great thread on thailand full of photos

paulg
June 9th, 2010, 17:52
Mark Pompey is building a reputation as a man with a great eye for a good pic and tells an interesting story at the same time.

This is well worth a look.

http://www.gaytingtong.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7063

such a great change from here .

Thai Dyed
June 9th, 2010, 18:51
Mark Pompey is building a reputation as a man with a great eye for a good pic and tells an interesting story at the same time.

Excuse me... <yawn>
[attachment=0:onm49m13]yawn.jpg[/attachment:onm49m13]

paulg
June 9th, 2010, 20:39
Strange that is exactly what I expected from you.Cynical and boring and that self portrait so revealing.

June 9th, 2010, 23:58
Well you prove his theory by bitching and twisting what he says to turn it into an off topic drama. That is the problem with this site and some people - be it the countless "new members" that pop like mushrooms everyday or older members who bring no contributions other than sarcastic (and useless) remarks.

As someone who joins a forum to learn and discuss, I do appreciate people contributing in any kind of way (posts, links, photos, stories) and I also appreciate some moderation against people who say nothing useful or pertaining to what is being discussed.

Unfortunately here there seem to be too many people that come here because they have nothing to do and no one to hang out with.

So let me get this straight. You come here to advertise this wonderful thread on another forum that, according to you, is much better than this forum?

You remind me of the little :snorting: who promoted the venue so rigorously.

NOTE TO SELF: Never read a thread by Mark Pompey

June 10th, 2010, 02:47
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to click his profile and see he's given normal contributions in his previous posts and that he's just stating a truth that others, myself included, have stated before.
Look at some of the active threads from 3 up to 6/7 pages of complete nonsense where you will hardly find 5 replies that pertain to the subject of the OP.

I don't see that as negative, I see you as disillusional ;)

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand what he's doing. You might not understand this, but we people "who have nothing to do or anyone to hang out with" understand perfectly well that he's being a dick. He could have just made a positive post about the thread. instead, he choose to make it negative and he got back what he communicated.

June 10th, 2010, 23:02
Not sure if Paulq has an 'association' with GTT or not, but can't think of any reason someone who is not associated with 'that' forum would bother transporting a thread from there to 'here' presumebly to drum up some 'trade or through put' for that forum which seems to rely on the same half dozen posters to churn out unbelievebly boring, sanitized, nicey-nice, with self-congratulary back slapping postings all run by a control freak who insists on deleting, banning or bad mouthing anyone who dares to post anything akin to 'real life', or indeed post anything not to the liking of the owner.

Try posting an objective piece over there and see where it gets you.

This is a typical GTT post, its basically a diary excerpt, just as routine as most who keep a diary write on a daily basis, apparently mr Pompey is 'builing up a reputation' for an interesting story....interesting perhaps for those who enjoy noseying into other peoples' ordinary lives....got up brushed my teeth...went out for a meal... went back to hotel... it cost x baht for the room..etc...

Good eye for a 'great' pic? Two 'odd' looking farangs pictured with their harem of 'Thai hired hands' no doubt........sorry! 'boyfriends' as they are described over at GTT. My goodness one of the farangs even admits that he can't even get to sleep with his own 'bf' despite no doubt, laying out 'loadsa money' for the privilege of being ignored.

However interesting for the members over at GTT, i would personally, be very wary, nay embarrased, of opening up such intimate details and photos of my life and more especially the lives of others, for all on the world wide web to ogle at. I do hope mr Pompey did indeed have the agreement of all those portrayed, or at least used false names (although i realise that given the amount of photos that would probably be a bit of a waste of effort).

Especially his, now 'ex', who no doubt will probably want to meet another foreigner. At least he wont have to bother with introductions or a breif history as it is all in print already. Can't also understand why the OP is surprised as to why his Thai bf dumped him, considering he readily admits to sleeping around with any Tom, Dick or Harry the instant his 'bf' gets tired. Unless it is an 'open' relationship the OP needs to learn that Thai boys are like all other boys anywhere in the world, they probably expect a bit of loyalty from their bf.

If you expected some critical response to your post and its contents Paulq, you shouldn't be surprised at this or other posts given the piece is just an ordinary description of the daily happenings of an ordinary tourist.....not sure what reputation he will have built for himself.

lonelywombat
June 11th, 2010, 07:16
I do not consider GTT a real forum.....It is more like an Oogleman blog. Gay Thailand is not much different, look any given day the amount of posts by Gaybutton and Gaythailand.

It is amazing the new experts on Sawatdee that have arrived. There has been a clear out of negative posters and undoubtedly more will go. Why try and add yourself to the list in your first few weeks as a member.You are not the only one BTW. Just read castity first time poster sledge above. I wont use quote as I dont think it will last long.

As for paulg posting a link to GTT for a post that many who read only might enjoy, isn't that more preferable to the GTT poster who yesterday did a cut and paste of Dodgers post whilst slamming this forum, and its members.

Sawatdee is slowly attracting back many of its normal posters, and hopefully deleting the biiter knockers

Bob
June 11th, 2010, 07:47
However interesting for the members over at GTT, i would personally, be very wary, nay embarrased, of opening up such intimate details and photos of my life and more especially the lives of others, for all on the world wide web to ogle at.

Au contraire, what you ought to be embarrassed about is posting your petty critique.

June 11th, 2010, 08:01
However interesting for the members over at GTT, i would personally, be very wary, nay embarrased, of opening up such intimate details and photos of my life and more especially the lives of others, for all on the world wide web to ogle at.

Au contraire, what you ought to be embarrassed about is posting your petty critique.

When it comes down to it how many time do we have to suffer the tales of sad tourists being ripped of by prostitutes. I do hope Mark you don't get hold of a rifle and start shooting up Portsmouth.

June 11th, 2010, 16:45
Oh so now lonleywombat is the new self-appointed 'mouthpiece' for the forum? Have you taken over from the Beach man having the need to answer every thread even though there is so much mindless padding but very little interesting substance in many of your replies?

What have my comments got to do with being an 'expert'.....they are my OPINIONS much in the same way as you have yours. Such as your opinions regarding 'clearing out' 'negative posters' How can posters negative or otherwise be 'cleared out' you fool. They are handles which are 'cleared out' the posters still exist Duh! they just change their posting names. So what exactly is the point of 'clearing out' a bunch of handles? its clowns like you who actually make identifying annoying posters a pain.

When they post in their 'normal' handle it is easy to identify and thus avoid them if you wish, you just skip their posts...just how fucking difficult is that then?

Then we have the likes of lonleywombat cruisading to have posters/handles banned....then these previously easy-to-identify posters re-emerge under other handles and you have to spend time going through their dross before identifying them again.....how much of a waste of time is THAT compared to just leaving them with original handles and ignoring them..

But back to your NEGATIVE (glass houses/stones?) comments regarding my post. The reason my HANDLE is relatively new here is because I was a member at GTT until banned for not buying into the happy happy rosey unfuckingrealistic oasis of fantasy that is GTT, and having a contrary opinion to that of the GTT owner. But criticising isn't what gets you banned there,oh no, all you have to do is point out the actual truths contained within a thread, state the facts and that is enough, reality is something they just dont want to acknowledge at GTT.

And I see Bob (one of the few GTT stalwarts no doubt) has leaped in to 'defend' a posting from his 'other' forum. Well Bob, if you cant identify with my comments regarding the embarassing, squirm-enducing nature of mr Pompeys post then I take it you are fully in agreement with splashing intimate details with photos and names of real people (not merely anonymous poster handles) for all the world to access including perhaps potential nutters out there who might want to cause a bit of stirring just for the fun of it and possibly causing grief to innocent Thai boys?

If i were YOU i would be embarassed acknowledging that it is an acceptable and responsible posting, so try looking at yourself before leaping in and condeming others comments.

Just ask Smiles what happens when you are niave/stupid enough to post real time photos and information on the http://WWW...

And regarding the post from GTT itself...If you want evidence, if any were needed, that the GTT posters live in a dreamworld, there it is!

June 11th, 2010, 18:16
I am not "taking sides" in this, but there is a difference between having an opposing opinion on something ( in this case a thread from GTT-which was introduced here) and "negative Posters"!

" There has been a clear out of negative posters and undoubtedly more will go"

A robust exchange is not necessarily a bad thing, in fact at times it is a way of cutting out the bullshit! If this forum bans people who express an HONEST opinion... even if flawed.. then SGT will simply become like ...well you know where!!!
However,those people whose only motivation for posting is to attack others and make a nonense of the posts..and they come to light quickly enough...they are negative posters,trolls,troublemakers,nutters,assholes etc.etc and should be dealt with accordingly.

jimnbkk
June 11th, 2010, 20:09
I used to read this forum first in the morning when I came online. Now days I sometimes don't read it at all. This thread is a perfect example of why that is true.

Bob
June 11th, 2010, 21:14
And I see Bob (one of the few GTT stalwarts no doubt) has leaped in to 'defend' a posting from his 'other' forum. Well Bob, if you cant identify with my comments regarding the embarassing, squirm-enducing nature of mr Pompeys post then I take it you are fully in agreement with splashing intimate details with photos and names of real people (not merely anonymous poster handles) for all the world to access including perhaps potential nutters out there who might want to cause a bit of stirring just for the fun of it and possibly causing grief to innocent Thai boys?

I have no clue who you are, don't really care, and have no obligation to respond; nevertheless, I will.

What I think about somebody else posting their personal experiences here or elsewhere is, actually, none of your business - and you show your lack of class by playing the game of presuming how I feel about it. I don't do it in general as I only share that type of information with close friends. And I don't really post on this board much any more because of the huge number of unregulated dolts here and, perhaps, because I have no desire at all to share information of any type with that type of individual.

And, while you're asking, I personally think it's really chicken-shit girly stuff to criticize another board here (if you don't like a particular board that you frequent, have the balls to say it there) let alone to go after a reasonable human being who posts personal experiences that conflicts with what you might personally do. In short, offer something constructive or informative if you have anything in that category or, otherwise, shut the fuck up.

June 11th, 2010, 23:26
Im sure when I was on earlier someone replied to Bobs last post with the comment "How Rude". Has that post been removed by the MODS. If so why?

Is it the norm on here to tell someone to SHUT THE FUCK UP

Smiles
June 12th, 2010, 00:13
" ... Just ask Smiles what happens when you are niave/stupid enough to post real time photos and information on the http://WWW ... "
Motormouth, you exaggerate greatly.
I assume you are making reference to the rock-dweller who wrote anonymous emails to me, as well as much the same to Suphot when I posted his photo and email address in a post advertising his tour guide business.
It is true this happened, regretfully. But you left out a most pertinent point which I included in my post regarding this incident: I specifically made reference to the fact that this was the one and only time we've had this kind of trouble ... even though I have made many posts over many years which included photos of Pot as well as of myself.

As far as I'm concerned that's a pretty outstanding record and in fact receiving this idiots few emails was a small price to pay when one takes into consideration the substantial amount of business Pot has received from members of this (and other) Boards.

Suphot read these emails as well, and his reaction was pure laughter and an opinion that this was one sick dumb farang.
So frankly Motormouth, that's "what happens". So be as paranoid as you wish, and spread it as you wish ... but leave me out as one of your examples, coz it just ain't so.

June 12th, 2010, 00:14
http://ih1.redbubble.net/work.371732.6.flat,550x550,075,f.white-trash-christmas.jpg
Auntie Christmess: "It is the norm on here to tell someone to SHUT THE FUCK UP."

Smiles
June 12th, 2010, 02:46
By the way, the thread which involved my guy's tour guide business and the lowlife who emailed us is still here, in the Resource Forum . . . with photos and email intact: << resource-forum-f8/new-vehicle-but-not-new-driver-yearly-tout-t18587.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/resource-forum-f8/new-vehicle-but-not-new-driver-yearly-tout-t18587.html) >> :glasses7: :headbang:

June 12th, 2010, 04:14
Im sure when I was on earlier someone replied to Bobs last post with the comment "How Rude". Has that post been removed by the MODS. If so why?

Is it the norm on here to tell someone to SHUT THE FUCK UP[/quot

It was I who made the statement "How Rude:..it speaks to the nature of the individual that said Shut The Fu_ck up and by deleting my objection he most likely feels he can a do this again with impunity......let him dump his shit in his own back yard...perhaps his favorite form is the most likely place.
SGT remains the only place for real commentary and I believe some people cannot deal with the truth?

I can understand this sort of thing happening over at GTT where if you don't agree with the few sad tourists who run it you are then deleted but I always belived this forum to be a bit more free of tyranny.

maisoui
June 12th, 2010, 05:16
Frankly, I'm incredulous at the pettiness of this spat only weeks after a pile of tyres was ready to be set alight outside my favourite restaurant on Soi Nandha and my good friend's business opposite the Pinnacle had to be abandoned as his local bank on R4 went up in flames.

Sorry, what were your whinges?

Do you realise there are structural problems in Thailand?

June 12th, 2010, 06:06
And you mr smiles can jump right off your high horse..No exaggeration on my part, greatly or otherwise...simply this....

I SAID...you can ask what happens

YOU SAID...its true this happened

You then went on to huff and puff about exaggeration and paranoia ...it DOESN'T MATTER if it is one or one hundred-and-one 'incidents' the FACT is, despite your attempt to now 'downplay' your experience, it DID happen and at the time allegations of paranoid tendancies could more realistically be aimed in your direction as it seems it was bothersome enough to have you whinging endlessly to the mods of this board to have 'heads rolling' and posters banned, and 'bothersome' enough for you to feel it necessary to share (as you have done again) every detail of that posters emails to you..and despite mr suphot apparently being able to 'laugh it off' that particular way of 'dealing' with it seems to have passed you by, as exampled by your numerous references to the issue.

So we can do without your faux indignantion at being served up as an example of what could and indeed DID happen if outing yourself or others on the http://www., and your attempts at deflecting it as if it were virtually a non-event dont wash here sonny-boy.

And i didn't 'leave out' the most pertinent point, that my friend is only YOUR opinion, as far as i am concerned it matters not if it was "the one and only time" or not, even ONE 'sick dumb farang' is or could be, one 'sick dumb farang' too many, especially if he/she/it causes any hassle one could do without in your life, especially if you were not the one who published the post in the first place.

So "frankly" smiles, that is exactly "what happens" JUST as I said. And as you've kindly confirmed it, how exactly can you be 'left out of it' you've just used up how many lines of text for what? just to tell us how 'it just ain't so".......I think not sunshine. You're not one of MY examples, you are one of your OWN examples. Nothing spread... nothing paranoid.. just a few plain old facts.

Coz it just ain't so?...what a load of old contradiction.

lonelywombat
June 12th, 2010, 07:26
I do not consider GTT a real forum.....It is more like an Oogleman blog. Gay Thailand is not much different, look any given day the amount of posts by Gaybutton and Gaythailand.

Strange you say that after trying to register 3 times to join as a member of GT.
Gaythailand himself drew attention of the board, steps taken to prevent unwelcome registrations. Never mind heygay is still there pretending to be someone else, as usual.

Good to hear you are over your accident.

June 12th, 2010, 08:53
However interesting for the members over at GTT, i would personally, be very wary, nay embarrased, of opening up such intimate details and photos of my life and more especially the lives of others, for all on the world wide web to ogle at. I do hope mr Pompey did indeed have the agreement of all those portrayed, or at least used false names (although i realise that given the amount of photos that would probably be a bit of a waste of effort). Especially his, now 'ex', who no doubt will probably want to meet another foreigner. At least he wont have to bother with introductions or a brief history as it is all in print already.
MarkPompey: I found out from Phil that though XXX's parents are both XXX for the XXX, Jack himself works in Sawasdee boys (a GoGo Bar) in Boyztown, Pattaya. (A photo of Jack is included, of course)

[X] He's got a screw loose. The privacy screw.

Privacy (from Latin privatus 'separated from the rest, deprived of something, esp. office, participation in the government', from privo 'to deprive') is the ability of an individual or group to seclude themselves or information about themselves and thereby reveal themselves selectively: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy

http://southerncrossreview.org/64/fernando-pessoa.jpg
The better accountant?