PDA

View Full Version : Volunteers needed to assist Rotary projects in Villages

lonelywombat
June 9th, 2010, 12:08
This link just arrived from a board member involved in Rotary

The Bring Me Sunshine'' Rotary Cog Fund was launched at the Marriott last Sunday.

HAVE YOU GOT A MINUTE?

Most people havenтАЩt.

So they just donтАЩt have the time to think about whatтАЩs happening in the world, at the underprivileged level.

Now if you had the time.

Would you travel to a remote village and help build a school?

Install a drinking water filter in a village to prevent illness?

ThatтАЩs just some of the constructive projects we are involved in.

But we DESPERATELY need your help to do it!

We know times are tough in the west.

Donations have dropped by 30-40%.

Here in the 3rd world, this can mean having to go from 3 meagre meals a day. (If youтАЩre lucky) DOWN to just 2!!

That's called a disaster in The Rotary world.

It costs more than 1,000bht a month to feed, clothe, educate and house an orphan.

WeтАЩre after a long term commitment to make a difference to an underprivileged person in a 3rdworld.

The members of Rotary are doing their best.

But NOW, need more funding to continue our humanitarian works.

R U really interested in making a difference?

But, just donтАЩt have the time?

We at Rotary are here to help you.

For as little as 1000bht a month donation, you can become an important Cog in the Machinery of Rotary, fighting to change the world at grass roots level.

1,000bht a month sponsors an underprivileged childтАЩs future through education, or can help bring clean drinking water and hope, to a remote village in a 3rd world country, that before had none.

Or you maybe you would like to sponsor an old person or Handicapped child.

Please help us to help them.

Become a Cog in the Machinery of Rotary now.

Then later in life, when u have more time, you might like to become a Rotarian member and help us more.

Because, everyone knows, from the littlest of Cogs, mighty machines are built.

If youтАЩre interested in helping us please call David Macready on 0858853625

Or Email PPMACREADY@gmail.com

lonelywombat
June 9th, 2010, 14:11
Thanks LW......May I make a suggestion? Do a matching fund...for every 1000 baht that you LW personally give someone matches it with their 1000 baht donation.... What do you think?

I have already this year made a substantial amount to the upkeep of two boys, and their family. Do you want to continue. It can be confirmed independently .

June 9th, 2010, 14:22
Thanks LW......May I make a suggestion? Do a matching fund...for every 1000 baht that you LW personally give someone matches it with their 1000 baht donation.... What do you think?

I have already this year made a substantial amount to the upkeep of two boys, and their family. Do you want to continue. It can be confirmed independently .

Two boys! You greedy bastard.

lonelywombat
June 9th, 2010, 14:44

Two boys! You greedy bastard.

you can see why people no longer want to post to this forum.
1 the kids are both sub teen
2 I met them as is usual with 2 reps from the charity and a municipal social worker.
3 I signed the standard no contact unless a rep from the charity and a social worker were present
4 the meeting of about 2 hours is similar to others that I know who also have similar sponsorships

bao-bao
June 9th, 2010, 23:49
you can see why people no longer want to post to this forum.
I'm not much on generalizations or absolutes, myself - but I agree: it's another very good example of why less people with something actually worthwhile to share participate here, that's for sure - and why there are far fewer attempts to start a thought-provoking thread with a topic anywhere above the belt line or outside of a male rental establishment.

Spirited debate is one thing, moronic diatribe and mean-spirited abuse is quite another. It's why I pulled down my photo album, deleted some stories and started the blog. Why bother giving treats to a dog that keeps trying to bite you?

It seems to have become a playground for a bunch of people with enough time on their hands to keep multiple handles and online persona going to muck things up. TingTong doesn't enjoy the participation of nearly as many people as SGT, but if you filter out the crap posts here it's not all that much less. At least it's civil... so far.

Just my two satang.

PS - If you feel compelled to help out in Thailand, try the Pattaya Street Kids Support Project. http://pattayastreetkids.homestead.com/navig1.html

June 10th, 2010, 02:54
It is probably best to be skeptical of any charity until you've vetted them. I have no reason to doubt LW but that's my opinion.

This isn't Thaivisa ... if you want a an above-the-belt, pretentious crowd then you could find one.

lonelywombat
June 11th, 2010, 15:23

Hello big mouth have not seen your reply. How long before you get banned again.