PDA

View Full Version : Mr.Toom Taxi service to Pattaya

Jetsam
April 22nd, 2006, 03:07
On another board there was this post:

Hello!every body i'm Mr.Toom
I'm no good for type and write in english language but for speake not to bad my experience i drive for thailimosine 5 year ago and start this business till now 2 year for me have toyota colola is private car non taxi meter i'm find for customer want to see cheap car but good service for take care my car have first class insurante i'm start my business because i don't want to pay commission to company it not fair for driver if who want i take care please contact me for my price 1,200 baht all include toll and morterway already Tel. +6601-4827148 , +6603-0178066 Email : toom39@msn.com
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
MR.Toomdirect

translated into this by another poster

Hello everyone
My Name is Mr Toom. My writing skills in English isn't great, but I speak English fairly well. I was a driver for Thai Limousine for 5 years and started my own business 2 years ago. I drive a Toyota Corolla, this is a private car and has never been used as a Taxi Meter. I'm looking for customers who want an inexpensive but quality service. I have first class Insurance also.
I decided to start my own business because I didn't want to be paying commision to a Taxi company.
If anyone wants to avail of my service the fee is 1,200 Baht including tolls. I can be contacted on
Tel +6601-4827148 , +6603-0178066 Email : toom39@msn.com
Thanks very much

many possitive reactions from boardmembers , such as :

We used Mr. Toom's service in the beginning of March from the airport to Jomtien and he was great. He was waiting for us 05.00 o.clock in the morning at the airport and we had no problems to see him, with our name on a paper.
The car was in good condition and he drove fine in 1.45min to Jomtien.
We use his service again for the way back to BKK City, and later from the City to the airport.
We give him an extra 100 baht as a tip but he never asked or hinted that he wanted a tip.
Perpect Mr. Toom see you again next year, and many thanks for your good service.
Mr & Mrs Len Smit from Holland

and

I had the pleasure of using Mr. Toom's service a few weeks agos - class act, nice car, good driver - and no jewelry shop stops. Recommended and I will be using again clap3.gif

I just send Mr.Toom an email , if he can pick me up may 7 and received a reply within one hour , 1200 bht incl. tolls is a good price :geek:

his ad in the yellow pages:
http://www.yello.com.ph/viewad.php?cat1 ... ise&id=332 (http://www.yello.com.ph/viewad.php?cat1=mechandise&id=332)

May 16th, 2006, 00:41
Jetsam or anyone who has recntly used this driver

How did you find the level of service?

Thanks
Brian

May 16th, 2006, 07:31
Supporting individual businessment is great, but keep in mind that there are a lot of limitations -- he is an individual with only one car.

This means that when you try to email for a pickup at the airport, he may be already committed.
It means he may commit to a pickup, and then be 30 minutes late from his last pickup.
It means that he may ask you to leave earlier, so that he can make his next airport pickup.
It means that if the aircon stops working in the beginning of the trip, you're stuck in the hot car.
And if there is an accident due to his talking on the mobile on the motorway, he can't call for another car to pick you up.

If there is no time constraint to your travel (such as airline schedules or getting back to work on a Monday), these individuals are great for road trips to Isaan etc. But in my opinion, it is always worth it to pay the 100 baht to 300 baht extra for the larger services, for when things start to go a bit pear-shaped.

May 16th, 2006, 10:06
For what it's worth I emailed Toom the other day and he responded within a few hours. In a more recent email he stated that his driver would be picking me up at Terminal 1. Sounds like more than one car to me. Anyway, I contracted with him for next week. Sounds like an honorable man. I'll let you know how everything goes.

Daxus

May 16th, 2006, 11:59
Sounds like more than one car to me.
Daxus

Oh, sounds good then -- I look forward to hearing if they are a good service, as I make the trip 4 - 6 times a month these days.

May 17th, 2006, 16:34
I usually hitchhike to PATTAYA.

And she's why we are warned off picking up hitchhikers.

Jetsam
June 12th, 2006, 21:34
I saw a thread about cheaper taxi fares from BKK to Pattaya , and remembered this thread.
I uses this taxi service begin may and it was great, I arrived at the airport around 6.30 am and after getting my baggage there was a driver waiting with a big sign with my name on it.
It was not Toom himself but I met Toom halfway during a stop, he was driving an other customer.
The fare is 1200 baht including all tolls , the car used was decent and comfortable enough.
Certainly will use him again next time :cheers:

June 30th, 2006, 14:01
I used this service from Bkk to Pattaya and return a week later and will use them again. The big plus was the name card at the airport when I arrived - usually they show Mr James {James being my first name] or Mr Brian {Brian being the 'Christian' name I use} This time they had all my initials and surname so it was easy for me to spot.

Brian

June 30th, 2006, 18:40
I used Mr. Toom's service this past trip and was very impressed. From the actual booking to the pickup on my arrival in Bangkok everthing was exceptional. Returning to Bangkok airport from Pattaya was the same with the driver coming an hour early. I highly recommend this service bar none.

Daxus