PDA

View Full Version : Anyone visited Patong/Phuket recently?

Alaan
June 4th, 2010, 21:51
Just after some current info on Patong/Phuket. I know i can 'search' previous posts, but I just wanted some up-to-date info on Patong. Such as Boat Bar, Kiss, Galaxy bar/discos still open and busy? Much happening in the Paradise bars, any new or changes there?

Also, i have stayed at Connect, Rendezvous, Knuds Bar/Jochens in Paradise Complex and a place called Pimnarah Suites on Beach Rd with sea views on previous visits, but any other suggestions of accomodation in and around Paradise or near beachfront worth considering for a 3 night trip next month, have'nt visited Phuket for about a year and we fancy a trip there this time.

I usually hire a car from Nine Car Rental near the airport, last time was a Honda Jazz for about Bt1000 per day, which was great for zipping around the island, I usually always have a 4x4 when hiring, but the Honda was a nice change. Anyone have recent experiences with this or anyother car rental company in Phuket.

We plan to fly with Airasia or Nokair if they still serve Phuket in their schedules. Alternatively we could drive there and include some stops at places on the way we haven't visited before, I have driven as far as Hua-Hin from Ayutthaya which was an easy drive, but not sure if the drive as far as Phuket would be practical, anyone done this route by car?

Haven't seen too many reviews or info on Phuket/Patong recently, so hoping someone has had a recent visit there and can update.

rincondog
June 5th, 2010, 10:16
I am presently in Patong. Yesterday, Friday was rainy most of the day. Today Saturday has started with rain might clear later?. Thursday there were maybe 25 people at gay beach. It is quiet at the bars, everyone says it is a slow, slow season. However, it is easy to get into any restaurant and walking down the sidewalks without the high season crush of people is nice. It is difficult to predict what it will be like next month.

June 5th, 2010, 12:26
I was in Phuket in April but I was based north.. Having been the previous year in February I noticed it was EXTREMELY slow.. desert beaches (which I love) empty restaurants and all..
Patong was alive though, I suppose 80% of Phuket tourists hang out in Patong anyway so restaurants always crowded at night.. Unfortunately I wouldn't know about the gay area as I've never been myself because I was always travelling with straight friends and being an hour drive away from Patong I just couldn't easily escape for a massage or a drink lol

June 6th, 2010, 00:58
I am presently in Patong..... it is easy to get into any restaurant .....

Opening the door does it every time for me!

:hello1: