PDA

View Full Version : Could Facebook be the means of getting gay Thailand moving

lonelywombat
June 3rd, 2010, 08:12
I just received an email from a Sawatdee member who holidayed in Tunisia and Morocco recently. I googled gay travel for some info and one of the options was Facebook gay travel.
http://www.facebook.com/GayTravel?ref=ts

As I scrolled down the postings several took my interest like this one on page one-

Hi my name is Chad Bush And I want to be the First travel Guru for Gaytravel.com I have 3 personal profiles on here with a total of over 11,000 friends I run 16 groups on Facebook 8 of which are exclusivly gay with over 30,000 members. And network with 11 other groups that will post my feeds. I have thousands of foll...owers on Twitter, Digg, Youtube, Delicious, flicker, and Linkedin, I run 4 blogs and create websites and social media platforms for many business's accross the country. I am 180 lbs of muscle bear fun and I thank you for your concideration.

That is just one person and I wonder how you could get info about gay Thailand into his and other gay facebook[s] to counter the recent disasterous publicity. What packages could be promoted or are available.

I went to Qantas to see hotel rates for comparison and then Asiarooms. Their rates were half Qantas and Agoda half again what Asiarooms are quoting. Hotel rates are bargain priced at the moment but who from gay Thailand is making any attempt to spread the word.

As a starter if there was a group of gay businessman in Pattaya maybe you could get Thai Air to provide an airfare and you could provide a fact finding trip for Chad Bush to publish on his sites. Most certainly there is a case for Ambience and Le Cafe Royale as hotels and BBB, Copa, Oscars and Panorama as venues in Boyztown to consider.

You dont get business sitting on your arse. Whatever is done now will pay off during the Northern winter.

Marsilius
June 3rd, 2010, 12:18
I just received an email from a Sawatdee member who holidayed in Tunisia and Morocco recently.

Some suspicious minds on this board sometimes accuse others of inventing such things ("I was talking to an old friend yesterday and he told me...", etc.) in order to justify starting a new thread.

Before anyone casts such unwarranted aspersions at dear lonelywombat, let me point out that I did send him such an e-mail yesterday.

June 3rd, 2010, 12:45
Hi my name is Chad Bush And I want to be the First travel Guru for Gaytravel.com I have 3 personal profiles on here with a total of over 11,000 friends I run 16 groups on Facebook 8 of which are exclusivly gay with over 30,000 members. And network with 11 other groups that will post my feeds. I have thousands of foll...owers on Twitter, Digg, Youtube, Delicious, flicker, and Linkedin, I run 4 blogs and create websites and social media platforms for many business's accross the country. I am 180 lbs of muscle bear fun and I thank you for your concideration.

I'm puzzled. To be honest the only feeling I get from this Chad Bush guy is that he apparently has no life and wants his 15 minutes of fame. With all that blogging and facebooking all he could do is PR. When is he travelling exactly? And, conCideration?

I'd choose the dyke then agains she's out of the competition because she has just booked a trip... guess where to... Thailand indeed.

Anyway, I find sad and diminishing to put on the same level "gay travelling" and "gay partying". No no no. That isn't travelling. So all a gay travel guru is supposed to do is tell you which is the coolest gogo bar in Pattaya? No way!!!!!!

First you can find all the info on the internet, secondly I'd call that a Pimp. I feel sick to my guts when I read of/see people who "travel" only to look for cruising spots and local gay ghettos to bury themselves in till their return flight is boarding. That isn't travelling. And I'd hate that image being passed on as the standard for "gay travellers".

lonelywombat
June 3rd, 2010, 13:43
I followed through and loaded gaytravel.com and from the home page clicked on destinations.
http://www.gaytravel.com/

There were only 2 destinations in all of Asia. China and Thailand.
Click on Thailand and you get Bangkok only and very little info.

For this huge website/company to have almost zero info for gay travellers to Thailand hardly helps to entice new gay travellers to Thailand. or Pattaya in particular.

For all the complaints about low season and tourists arent coming here anymore, I say dont blame others get off your arse and do something.
The era of Spartucas is over it is now the internet.

lonelywombat
June 3rd, 2010, 18:41
I don't mind the posts PM'S and emails from knockers.
The over the top promotions of the faded Lois Lane are addressed to the varicose veins set of expats and will not attract one new single gay tourist to Pattaya. I don't know why he bothers.
Certainly it lets people know that things have not died in Pattaya but his negative comments most likely turns the newbies off totally.
Where are the positive comments about bringing back tourists to Gay Pattaya.
Do we think it will survive. Do venue owners agree.
No-one seems to be doing anything except criticize, But that is usual.

June 3rd, 2010, 20:20
The era of Spartucas (sic) is over it is now the internet.

If you look in Spartacus (2008 was the last I bought - it's ┬г20 odd quid ffs) you will bizarrely find that there is no commercial sex scene in any of the bars in Thailand - the big letter R denoting the same simply does not appear - quite unlike Berlin for example.

I can only surmise that they get their Thailand information from the Pattaya Police Chief who reached a similar conclusion when investigating a certain establishment in Boyztown recently.

:rolling:

PS. I always liked Spartacus - Tony Curtis was a honey in his day.

:hello1:

June 3rd, 2010, 21:16
R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jWXBIp1MNBc/R_7QBHnHKWI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/SD9YPj9K8JM/s400/Thai%2BRent%2BBoy%2BBangkok%2BBoys%2BTown.jpg

[X] They are shy because they are Thai.

Beachlover
June 7th, 2010, 02:02
Could Facebook be the means of getting gay Thailand moving

FFS... "I wonder"... "What packages could be promoted or are available"... you're a clueless as Grandpa Simpson.

If these businesses really wanted to attract customers they'd be running integrated social media campaigns comprising website with web 2.0 and dynamic content functionality, FB, Twitter, YT, MySpace, Blogs, Flickr/Picasso and a whole host of other social media platforms... consolidating relevant content and news... and doing it effectively (there's lots of businesses making a half-arsed attempt at promoting themselves this way but getting few results). But they're not bothering to do any of this.

Unfortunately, they're run by a bunch of retirees who mostly have little drive for running a competitive commercial operation. Let these places die out if this is the course of nature...

Lonely... if you're so passionate about "reviving gay Pattaya"... why don't you take over one of these businesses and put all your "I wonder" suggestions into action?

lonelywombat
June 7th, 2010, 06:44
Could Facebook be the means of getting gay Thailand moving

Lonely... if you're so passionate about "reviving gay Pattaya"... why don't you take over one of these businesses and put all your "I wonder" suggestions into action?

I have no interest in living in Thailand nor the need to work, I did plan to retire there and bought property, however it is only like now when the first taste of winter appears, does more than visiting become interesting. I will stick to 2/3 visits a year.
The reaction to my post has produced several positive responses by PM , email and a follow up phone call.
Your comments on the lack of action by local businessmen was spot on.