PDA

View Full Version : Flights

June 1st, 2010, 22:09
Hey,
I can't really be bothered to work today especially since I found a one way flight to BKK for тВм290 more or less US 350 / Baht 11.500 (return ticket would be тВм540 that's July/August) so I rushed to cancel my other two tickets and finally erased Bahrain off my itinerary.. and saved a whopping тВм250 euros which I will spend on massages :rolling:

The carrier isn't amazing for service or food.. it's Italian and called Blue Panorama.. it really has awesome prices compared to the average you'd get in Europe and it flies non-stop to BKK from both Milan and Rome.. so I figured I would suggest it to European members of the forum (are there any at all??)
With Easyjet and Ryanair connecting virtually any European city with Milan and Rome for very modest prices even European citizens could use that Italian carrier if on low budget..

maisoui
June 1st, 2010, 22:40
Not showing flights to BKK on their web site here. How about pasting a URL?

June 1st, 2010, 23:33
http://www.blu-express.com/cgi-bin/airk ... ANG=EN&LFF (http://www.blu-express.com/cgi-bin/airkiosk/I7/181002i?BV=2&LANG=EN&LFF)

there may be special promotion through fare comparison websites such as Skyscanner.com (which is how I found mine out and booked it through another website because as dumb as it sounds Blue Panorama does not let you buy 1 way on that route... but you can still buy it from other websites)

maisoui
June 2nd, 2010, 00:12
Fascinating, but the return flights are significantly more expensive. Once you factor in travel to Fumencino, the cost of a safety margin overnight, it's probably similarly priced to buy a flight from your home country. Thanks anyway.

allieb
June 2nd, 2010, 01:18
Until 15th June Omanair London Bangkok transit Muscat is 393 pounds return including all taxes. Royal Jordanian is around 435 pounds through the summer months.

Totalnewbie

A Ryanair flight to Rome once you have paid for luggage check in and all the extras can be 200 pounds. If like me you are always overweight with luggage then it could be as much as 500 pounds. Last time coming back from Bangkok I had 45 KG of checked luggage,I flew Etihad Their luggage policy is 30 Kg for all, 10 extra for frequent flyer card holders and then they let the extra 8Kg go through free.

When booking flights its always worth remembering to check the luggage policy of the airline. With Saudi Airlines from London to Jeddah recently I and a friend got away with 112 KG between us without paying a penny (Their policy at the time was 40KG per person economy and 10 extra for frequent flyer card holders)

June 2nd, 2010, 02:03
OMG Allieb what do you carry with you the living room???
That Blue Panorama allows 20 kilos and I believe you pay тВм16/extra kg.. I will be touring quite a bit so I will trim down excess weight by buying mon necessaire upon arrival..

As for Ryanair, truth be told, I never flew with them. They don't serve Milan Malpensa and instead go to a city called Bergamo that is VIRTUALLY 30km from Milan, except you have to take the busiest highway so unless you're flying after 11pm or on weekends it's impossible.

I always fly Easyjet, I believe 20kg luggage is тВм11/way and you pay тВм12 extra..

So what you say does make a lot of sense if you're packing your whole house or if you're staying for extended periods of time and you can't do without many things (especially now one can't even pack sun lotions and meds in the carry on I usually need 4 to 6kgs just for that!

But then again, with all the travelling you do, I'm sure you have noticed as I have that there are some people who can stay away one month with a tiny backpack carrying one swimming suit, one shirt and a pair of shorts. I've seen people like this in all sorts of hotels.. I remember last year I was at Banyan Tree in Maldives and there was this man who wore day and night for at least 9 days one shirt and the same trunks the whole time.

Disgusting.

Until 15th June Omanair London Bangkok transit Muscat is 393 pounds return including all taxes. Royal Jordanian is around 435 pounds through the summer months.

Totalnewbie

A Ryanair flight to Rome once you have paid for luggage check in and all the extras can be 200 pounds. If like me you are always overweight with luggage then it could be as much as 500 pounds. Last time coming back from Bangkok I had 45 KG of checked luggage,I flew Etihad Their luggage policy is 30 Kg for all, 10 extra for frequent flyer card holders and then they let the extra 8Kg go through free.

When booking flights its always worth remembering to check the luggage policy of the airline. With Saudi Airlines from London to Jeddah recently I and a friend got away with 112 KG between us without paying a penny (Their policy at the time was 40KG per person economy and 10 extra for frequent flyer card holders)

jinks
June 2nd, 2010, 02:09
As for Ryanair, truth be told, I never flew with them. They don't serve Milan Malpensa and instead go to a city called Bergamo that is VIRTUALLY 30km from Milan, except you have to take the busiest highway so unless you're flying after 11pm or on weekends it's impossible.

The CEO said today on the BBC regarding luggage

"We want your money, not your luggage, most flights are around one hour and for many passengers a 'carry on' will provide enough space for a week's holiday."

June 2nd, 2010, 02:20
Yes, that's all people are to Ryanair: money. They will make up any excuse to get money out of you.. in Italy they were fined some million euros for refusing to board some people who had some national IDs that the Italian Gov't recognises as legally valid documents..

Did you read that press release where the weirdo said their upcoming invention was stand-up flying? like on a bus basically.. he says and does a lot of things just to get the company's name on magazines.. like that other PAY TO PEE... and they bash so many carriers..

http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/m/i/miapiu/ryanair1.jpg

http://img.fotocommunity.com/photos/13533721.jpg

The CEO said today on the BBC regarding luggage

"We want your money, not your luggage, most flights are around one hour and for many passengers a 'carry on' will provide enough space for a week's holiday."

allieb
June 2nd, 2010, 04:35

Actually the last time I went to BKK my luggage weighed 6KG on the way out but on the way back having bought
4 pairs of shoes
15 shirts
12 T shirts
6 pairs of pants
6 shorts
1 suit
20 Kg of foodstufs and loads of stuf from Boots
You can imagin how it got to 48KG.
On most trips out of Saudi Arabia I take the chance to shop shop shop. Not that we don't have good shops here but the choice and price is often better outside. And don't we always want want we can't get where we live???

pong
June 2nd, 2010, 11:08
so perhaps this may help a little bit the newbies
1.EASYjet flies to Milano-MXP, which BTW is even twice the distance from centre Milano as the quoted 30 kms-but has a direct trainlink. For all possible low-cost links check: www.whichbudget.com-there (http://www.whichbudget.com-there) may even be one closer form home.
2.that IT charter airline once did a special offer for just 19-but then quickly raised to 99 EUR for a single Eur->BKK. They soon discovered their mistake and made returns obligatory. It has VERY bad reviews mainly re delays and also re onboard service, so you gain a big chance to miss that prepaid and unrefundable flight on EZ for coming back.

June 2nd, 2010, 16:30
Living in Milan and travelling to Paris many times a year I really don't need to shop for clothes.. in Thailand the only items I ever bough are those linen fisherman pants that I use for the beach or when I can't be bothered wearing tighter pants because of the heat and humidity.. I did buy a load of CK boxers once but they turned out to be crap quality so never again..

Actually the last time I went to BKK my luggage weighed 6KG on the way out but on the way back having bought
4 pairs of shoes
15 shirts
12 T shirts
6 pairs of pants
6 shorts
1 suit
20 Kg of foodstufs and loads of stuf from Boots
You can imagin how it got to 48KG.
On most trips out of Saudi Arabia I take the chance to shop shop shop. Not that we don't have good shops here but the choice and price is often better outside. And don't we always want want we can't get where we live???

allieb
June 2nd, 2010, 17:58
Total Newbie

There are some wonderful shopping bargains to be found in Thailand if you go tothe right places. Central Malls have a mens clothing floor with lots of Thai produce. The quality as as good as Europe but the prices are a fraction. Taywin shoes for example are a match for Italian shoes. I have been buying them for years and have almost as many as Emeda Marcos lol. I had a suit made for 4,000 Baht and wore it at a British Consulate function recently, quite a few people commented on how smart it looked. I told one close friend it only cost me l a little over $100 and he couldn't believe it. He said he would have happily paid $500 and thought it a bargain.

June 2nd, 2010, 18:04
:sign5: you're like that politician who had two identical yachts... one was for the wife's shoes.... i will pm you in a min

Total Newbie

There are some wonderful shopping bargains to be found in Thailand if you go tothe right places. Central Malls have a mens clothing floor with lots of Thai produce. The quality as as good as Europe but the prices are a fraction. Taywin shoes for example are a match for Italian shoes. I have been buying them for years and have almost as many as Emeda Marcos lol. I had a suit made for 4,000 Baht and wore it at a British Consulate function recently, quite a few people commented on how smart it looked. I told one close friend it only cost me l a little over $100 and he couldn't believe it. He said he would have happily paid $500 and thought it a bargain.

Beachlover
June 2nd, 2010, 19:48
The [Ryanair} CEO said today on the BBC regarding luggage

Hehe... O'Leary... I love that guy.