PDA

View Full Version : Taiwan anyone?

May 30th, 2010, 18:17
Fuck Pattaya. The more I read about it the least I wanna go. So goodbye plan A and plan B. Welcome Plan C.
I decided I will spend 7 days in BKK, then fly to Taipei 4 days then to KL.

I decided so after reading some articles on Taipei.. it seems to have a rather hot scene.. any experiences here?

Beachlover
May 30th, 2010, 18:43
That is a great idea. I may do the same myself.

I read Taiwan has a great gay scene. Apparently it's one of the more progressive and accepting countries in Asia for gay guys. And the locals have been quite proactive about building a gay community and scene. Taiwanese guys can be really friendly too.

Pattaya is worth a visit but I think you'll have much more fun in Taipei. Compared to Taipei, Pattaya was a bit depressing and felt like a bit of a nut town to me.

LOL... with all these great Asian cities to check out you're going to regret not having explored the gay scene on your previous trips to Asia. I know I did.

Have fun in Taipei!

May 30th, 2010, 18:53
Yeah I'm already feeling like a kid in a candy store and I'm not even there!

Thing is... Pattaya from what I read has nothing more to offer than Bangkok other than the abundance of grampas.. Considering I'm not really into older people sexually speaking.. also given the sea down there isn't really impressive and that I become incredibly frustrated when I have to put up with a less than stunning sea (that's why I'm found hanging out in the Andaman sea various times a year).. I better skip it..

I will get my fix for average sea in Sri Lanka but at least that place is packed with straight guys who'll go extra miles..

That is a great idea. I may do the same myself.

I read Taiwan has a great gay scene. Apparently it's one of the more progressive and accepting countries in Asia for gay guys. And the locals have been quite proactive about building a gay community and scene. Taiwanese guys can be really friendly too.

Pattaya is worth a visit but I think you'll have much more fun in Taipei. Compared to Taipei, Pattaya was a bit depressing and felt like a bit of a nut town to me.

LOL... with all these great Asian cities to check out you're going to regret not having explored the gay scene on your previous trips to Asia. I know I did.

Have fun in Taipei!

Beachlover
May 30th, 2010, 20:15
Yeah, you're right. The beach at Pattaya (actually Jomtien where the gay section is) is really just barely acceptable. Anything less and it wouldn't be worth putting deck chairs on at all.

Pattaya has its upsides and is lots of fun for some people but it doesn't have the energy or diversity of Bangkok. It has this "anything goes" nut town atmosphere. And it's more of a tourist town than anything else.

billy2bs
July 5th, 2010, 08:51
Ok ..so now you are in Taipei. Where does one go to meet the boys and ahve fun. Are there cinemas and saunas there and boy bars for us older guy to enjoy as in Bkk and Pattaya

June 14th, 2011, 12:19
Hey Billy, hate to say it but I hope you're right and having fun there as I was in Taiwan several months ago and found it to be crap !! yes there is a gay scene and a fairly big outdoor area behind the clock tower at the police station but I found the Taiwanese to be TOTALLY stand offish and not particualrily interested in even speaking to farang never mind anything else !

For the first few days I thought it was me or a cultural thing or something but on speaking to my hotel manager in the only gay hotel in town he embarrassingly confirmed that this was in fact the case and that the average Taiwanese guy had very little interest in associating with white guys as they were "shy" as he called it, but it was fairly obviously it wasn't shyness was the cause, more a social "distain" for white guys and i had this same feeling confirmed and backed up by other people I meet there several times during my trip.

There was one of two bars where Taiwanese guys who did not feel like this went and you could meet up and have a reasonable nights fun ( not sexual just drinking etc) but the main bars and clubs I found to be very insular and whilst you were tolerated you certainly weren't made to feel welcome, to the point of being totally ignored - and again this happended in several places not just one :-(

I did have a few massages when there, one being great but with no happy ending and the other being not so great but with a happy ending ( although even them I got the distinct impression that the guy would rather not have !) and trust me I'm not THAT bad looking :-)

Anyway, hope you find it different for you but that was just my experience and to be honest I was happy to see the back of the place.

atri1666
June 15th, 2011, 00:07
Only stayed one time there near main station in Caesar Park Hotel in exec. floor. Was not cheap but a good hotel. Near my hotel was GENGHIS KHAN Sauna. Can not say they have been shy or avoiding me ( and i am not looking good and in shape). In steambath or darkrooms had enough fun.There was mixed age crowd from young to 50 years.
Airportbus was going directly to main station and it was easy to walk some steps to the hotel. http://www.caesarpark.com.tw/en/taipei/location.htm
here some informations about the sauna >> http://www.ourakcha.com/gay-genghis-khan-en-E1503.html