PDA

View Full Version : Bumping some old threads about Real Thailand.

lonelywombat
May 28th, 2010, 17:30
There have been some tremendous threads on Thailand that I have enjoyed in the past and hope will return. I intend to seach and repost or is it bump, some of those threads for the mutual enjoyment of all of us. Hopefuly it might redirect the forum to what it used to be.

Please do not reply to this post. I would rather you find an old thread that represented what Sawatdee used to be. Please bump those old threads by adding a comment.

cdnmatt
May 29th, 2010, 20:54
The "real Thailand", eh? That must be something like the "real America" that Sarah Palin loves to talk about.

BTW, what is the "real Thailand"? I think it'd be pretty difficult to get Thais to agree on that one, let alone a bunch farangs.

May 29th, 2010, 20:56
The "real Thailand", eh? That must be something like the "real America" that Sarah Palin loves to talk about.

BTW, what is the "real Thailand"? I think it'd be pretty difficult to get Thais to agree on that one, let alone a bunch farangs.

As far as this forum goes, the "real Thailand" is any place where there are no boy bars.

ceejay
May 29th, 2010, 21:06
As far as this forum goes, the "real Thailand" is any place where there are no boy bars.
In which case I guess Pattaya must be the "Surreal Thailand". :tongue3:

Beachlover
May 29th, 2010, 21:06
I bet Jeff Savage thought he discovered the "real Thailand".

May 29th, 2010, 21:28
He's about to discover it -- big time.

May 30th, 2010, 01:24
Author: Oops I Did It Again ┬╗ Sat 29 May, 2010 9:56 pm

Author: ceejay ┬╗ Sat 29 May, 2010 10:06 pm
In which case I guess Pattaya must be the "Surreal Thailand".

Spot on, gentlemen. Perfectly said.

May 30th, 2010, 03:12
[X] The real Thailand:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/2/1/7/1232712.jpg

HS-HRH Boeing 737-448 c/n 24866 ex Aer Lingus EI-BXD. R26-Nov-04 to HRH Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn; noted testing at Shannon 26-Nov-04 & departed there 27-Nov-04; f/n at Don Muang 01-Apr-05; RTAF serial L11KhMVK-02/47; coded тАШ99-904тАЩ & тАШ90409тАЩ; re-coded тАШ99-999тАЩ & тАШ90409тАЩ by Mar-07; current Apr-10.

Dboy
May 30th, 2010, 10:18
In which case I guess Pattaya must be the "Surreal Thailand". :tongue3:

Judging by the potholes I'd say it's more Deconstructionist.

May 30th, 2010, 10:40
It's a shame that this post has met with the usual crap from some members. What, on the surface at least, appeared to be a genuine attempt at restoring some value and credibility to this forum is to be encouraged.
An interesting question would be what IN YOUR OPINION THAILAND REALLY MEANS TO YOU? would open a can of worms for the old acid tongued, bitter queens who have failed to find Nirvana afterall.

cdnmatt
May 30th, 2010, 11:07
It's a shame that this post has met with the usual crap from some members. What, on the surface at least, appeared to be a genuine attempt at restoring some value and credibility to this forum is to be encouraged.

What? He just made the post to complain. He didn't start any new threads, or even bump old ones like he said he would.

If he wants to talk about the "real Thailand", then he should start some threads about "real Thailand", or bump old the threads about "real Thailand". That why after reading this thread, I started one called "Village diversity...".

Beachlover
May 30th, 2010, 11:50
cdnmatt has probably started more thought-provoking threads about life in Thailand than anyone else in the last year on this forum. In fact he's probably the most positive addition to this forum in a long time...

June 3rd, 2010, 07:50

What? He just made the post to complain. He didn't start any new threads, or even bump old ones like he said he would.

If he wants to talk about the "real Thailand", then he should start some threads about "real Thailand", or bump old the threads about "real Thailand". That why after reading this thread, I started one called "Village diversity...".

Point taken but the intention is good if somewhat lost in it's application. Do you not think it would be a nice change to read something interesting, perhaps useful in this forum for a change? One can only read so much bitchy old queen drivel !

June 4th, 2010, 23:02
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4020/4292733376_8a43031b2e.jpg
The Racial Slur Database: Helping make the world a better place! http://www.rsdb.org/

cdnmatt has probably started more thought-provoking threads about life in Thailand than anyone else in the last year on this forum. In fact he's probably the most positive addition to this forum in a long time...

http://skinstore-usa.com/whatisacne.gif
[X] The real Thailand.

Acne and Race

Acne may be a skin condition that cuts across boundaries of age, gender and ethnicity, but in that last case, it does affect people of different races in appreciably different ways. Some races are more susceptible to certain types of acne, and certain severities of acne, than others, for one reason or another.

Caucasians

Acne is extremely common among those of Caucasian descent, with a substantial 95 percent of Caucasians experiencing acne during their lifetimes. Lighter skin is more prone to the formation of nodules and cysts, which dermatologists recognize as the most serious of acne blemishes. This may also be a function of climate, but Caucasians also tend to have dryer skin, which makes it more difficult to use peeling and drying treatments. Also, the redness of the acne lesions stands out much more on fair skin. Fortunately for Caucasians, these red blotches afflict them less often than on people of other complexion types, and fade relatively quickly if they are cared for properly.

Asians

The markings left behind by acne outbreaks after the lesions heal remain for longer on Asian skin than on other skin colors, so the aftermath of an acne affliction tends to be the most challenging time for an Asian person. The hyperpigmentation, as these marks are called, lingers long enough to be considered relatively permanent, and as such, Asians benefit best from having themselves treated professionally instead of waiting for these marks to fade away. Asians also tend to be more susceptible to keloid scarring from acne.

Africans

Black-skinned individuals typically contend with inflammatory acne, characterized by pustules and papules, or raised bumps on the skin that may or may not be filled with fluid, as opposed to non-inflammatory acne, which manifests as blackheads and whiteheads. Fortunately, the worst types of inflammatory acne, cysts and nodules, are less prevalent in black skin, and thus the lesions are not as severe. Like Asians, black-skinned persons have quite a bit of trouble with the markings left behind by acne, which some dermatologists claim are even worse than the acne itself due to the level of disfigurement.

Hair care products of black-skinned people tend to be greasier and more likely to instigate acne, which leads to a phenomenon dermatologists refer to as pomade acne тАУ the type of the skin condition caused by contact with the skin by these products. Acne formation is concentrated along the personтАЩs hairline, or in places where oneтАЩs hair touches the skin.

Latinos

Latino skin is also more vulnerable to post-acne marking, but is otherwise unremarkable in the incidence of acne outbreaks.

Overall

Though acne does manifest with slight differences depending on race, the treatment methods across skin color types is relatively uniform. Salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide are still the core ingredients for any solution that is used to combat acne formation and help prevent it from recurring. Moreover, regardless of oneтАЩs race, a daily cleansing regimen with mild soap or special noncomedogenic cleanser should do wonders in keeping acne afflictions away. (Acne Treatment Guide Site)

http://media.economist.com/images/images-magazine/2010/23/us/201023usc580.gif