View Full Version : Duangthanee Plaza Open or closed

Blueskytoday
May 23rd, 2010, 20:16
Anyone know has Duangthanee Plaza
where Dick's cafe,,bonny massage and the go-go bars are
located are open or closed?
Thanks.

May 23rd, 2010, 20:18
They would open during an air-raid, never mind a little localised rioting.

:occasion9:

TrongpaiExpat
May 23rd, 2010, 20:38
Anyone know has Duangthanee Plaza
where Dick's cafe,,bonny massage and the go-go bars are
located are open or closed?
Thanks.

We call it soi Twlight.

Here is Sextiles report on CRS at 730pm. That's as best as you're going to get, it raining now and I'm not going over to look. Curfew at 2300. It's all one day at a time here. Tomorrow?

http://web.cruisingforsex.com/bb/thailand/337279-how-about-bangkok-now-6.html

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Curfew-extended-to-Monday-for-Bangkok-23-provinces-30130019.html

TrongpaiExpat
May 26th, 2010, 12:30
There you go, you can't get more details than from a Mac report, over at Ting and Tong.

http://www.gaytingtong.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7010

Mac and Sextile must have water proof paper and pens that write underwater. What detail, good job. They both must stay sober too, personally I forgot most of what I saw last night. Attempted counting people on the soi, but either the people or the soi kept moving around.

May 27th, 2010, 12:05
Yes I was in Soi Twig light or Duangthanee Plaza, or its real name, Soi Pratuchai, Suriwong Rd. last night around 8.30pm I saw which was unusual about 60 or 70 nice young guys, wondering around, I was at my vantage Point @ Dick Caf├й, chatting to a friend and during about 45 minutes I was there I only about 8 Farangs passed by, 2 Japanese who seemed to be well known and a few passing strangers no time did I see any one go into any Bar that was open and only very few open as it was, the Massages and not the Dreamboys set up. Just not many tourist here is all I can imagine and not locals around also whatтАЩs the point if its all closing at 10pm.

All back to normal around Silom Road Area on the junction with Suriwong Road and Rama 9 no signs at all of any troublesome people or barricades, but as I was traveling in from On Nut to see the Total Devastation of Complete shops and shopping Malls I just cant see the point in burning them to the ground unless it was just for looting, I was talking to some guys there and they said at no time did the Police, Army or Fire Brigade come to stop the looting and many people were just carrying TVs and anything they could break in and carry out.

I must say you do feel so safe in Bangkok, I was walking down a dark back street there, where Super тАШAтАЩlex is located, there was a gang of Guys standing there in the shadows and I had no fear at 10pm of passing by, now where could you do that in most Western Countries.

So No Fear here in Thailand just get on the Plane and enjoy yourself so much fun waiting for you, and its cooling down now with very unseasonable Rain making the weather just peeeeerfect. DonтАЩt forget unless you know where to drink; most bars will be closed on Friday. Buddha day, Pattaya would be the best place to go for a drink and fun, Friday, I would have thought.

Getting there

With the opening of the new overhead railway, you can access the bars quite speedily. For the Silom scene go to SALA DAENG STATION. Passengers on the Sukhumvit Line must change, therefore, at CENTRAL (SIAM) STATION. To get to Patpong by BTS Skytrain, go to SALA DAENG Station (Silom Line) and use Exit 3 (Robinson). Soi 2 (ed. note: Where Top Man is) is 100 meters.

May 27th, 2010, 13:28
It would seem that our ace reporter has failed to notice that his cut and paste directions are not quite up to date.

BTS (Skytrain) has just celebrated it's 10th anniversary so is hardly new.
Robinson's has been closed for more than a year.
Exit 3 is really only useful if you plan to go to Soi 2 - DJ Station
If you are heading to Soi 4 then use the Thaniya exit.
And since the thread is about Soi Twilight or Duangthanee Plaza or Soi Pratuchai then again take the Thaniya exit and go down Soi Thaniya to Suriwong.

TrongpaiExpat
May 27th, 2010, 13:40
Ahh, yes 'The Top Man' bar on Silom soi 2. I remember that, it had a huge stage, extra seating all around the back and sides and very friendly staff. Closed around 2001 but it's heyday had to be around 94 to 97.

Curfew will be lifted on Friday, I hear. Can anyone confirm?

Beachlover
May 27th, 2010, 18:35
I thought it was this Sunday?

TrongpaiExpat
May 27th, 2010, 20:52
http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/179314/cres-to-decide-on-curfew-today

Silom Complex still closing at 8pm behind barricades. Most business closing before 9pm. Very few vendors set up, again mostly commuters on Silom rushing to get home. Very few taxis on Silom at 9pm, I guess they want to get home before curfew. MRT open to 10pm. No army or police presence.

The new security twist on the MRT is a sign that says that you must remove sun glasses and hats before entering the station. For the cameras?

I was over on the other side of town last night, Nana, Suk 3 to 11 and it's just as quiet over there too after 9pm but taxis not as scarce.

Brad the Impala
May 28th, 2010, 04:05
All back to normal around Silom Road Area on the junction with Suriwong Road and Rama 9 no signs at all of any troublesome people or barricades

Perhaps they didn't know you were coming?

Beachlover
May 28th, 2010, 13:30
http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/179314/cres-to-decide-on-curfew-today

Silom Complex still closing at 8pm behind barricades. Most business closing before 9pm. Very few vendors set up, again mostly commuters on Silom rushing to get home. Very few taxis on Silom at 9pm, I guess they want to get home before curfew. MRT open to 10pm. No army or police presence.

The new security twist on the MRT is a sign that says that you must remove sun glasses and hats before entering the station. For the cameras?

I was over on the other side of town last night, Nana, Suk 3 to 11 and it's just as quiet over there too after 9pm but taxis not as scarce.

Has there actually been any civil unrest since last weekend? I haven't heard of any (not that this means there hasn't been).

If it has been calm then there's a good chance the curfew is over.

The Australian Government has removed their "do not travel" warning on Bangkok. But the "reconsider your need to travel" warning still applies to the whole of Thailand:

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/ ... e/thailand (http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/advice/thailand)

TrongpaiExpat
May 30th, 2010, 00:05
I guess I'll post this here since jinks closed the Silom 2 and 4 threads for reasons only he knows.

Silom had a street festival tonight and everyone and their momma came in from the burbs (urban sprawl) to see if Silom is still standing. Basically, Silom was turned into Chatuchak market or a walking street. No Army, and few police. First night and no curfew but the festival shut down early, 10pm. There were people actually in the Silom business and even @Richards was busy. The Thaniya plaza girls were all back out on the soi and no one seemed on edge.

Went over to Soi Twilight (Duanghanee if you insist) and spoke to many of the door boys, all assuring me that there were shows and all is now right in the world. I sat outside and did not see many farangs or visiting Asians on the soi. An experienced boy in one of the outdoor bars told me, the only farangs that come now are those who live in Bangkok, no new meat. There were boys in the bars at pretty good numbers. I did not stay for any of the shows.

Patpong was alive but not doing so good. It seems that the straight people have not come back yet too. Lot of mostly Thai people out and around. I walked the length of Silom along the festival stalls and counted a total of 4 farangs. Thais, no way to count, thousands and thousands. The junk they were selling just did not appeal to farangs.

Soi 6 area was quiet, but there were lots of willing boys just no one to take them.

I did not get a chance to get over on soi 4, but I bet they were doing well.

The business that were doing well were those not selling sex, not a go-go's and not a host bar. Some of the restaurants were actually doing quite well.

May 30th, 2010, 09:54
Soi 4 was a bit quiet last night, maybe like you would expect midweek rather than on a weekend. DJ was quite busy, maybe not quite as busy as you would normally expect on a regular saturday night, but still enough for the crowd to spill out into the area on the 2nd floor near the toilets. When I left at 3:30, the 2nd floor crowd was thinning out but the ground floor was still crowded, and the place showed no signs of closing.

Beachlover
May 30th, 2010, 11:55
DJ was open last night already? Sweet!

TrongpaiExpat
June 2nd, 2010, 23:24
I was on Soi Twilight tonight (Wednesday) and noticed that Future Boys was closed again. I asked around and was told by semi reliable sources that the owner never reopened after the war and curfew and does not intend on reopening. I was told the boys working there showed up for work and found the place closed, no advance warning. I did not see any of the usual Future Boy door boys, waiters or go go boys around anywhere.

I guess, a new owner could get it going again. If it is closed for good, it's the end of a chapter for Bangkok. Future boys was once the number one sex show on the soi, they invented the acrobatic fuck show.

None of the bars had any customers to speak of. Dream Boys/Boys Bangkok had 20 boys, X size looked about 10, Fresh Beach Boys, 10, and the three massage venues had 4, 3 and 2 boys sitting outside. There were 10 farangs at Maxies and I counted another 10 passing on the soi between 9 and 10:30. The passing farangs did just that, pass on by, I only saw three go in any bars. Dick's Cafe had two customers.

Maybe this weekend things will pick up. It did rain this evening, so that could have slowed things down too.

So, it's still not back to usual here. This was even unusually slow for low season.

June 2nd, 2010, 23:42
I was on Soi Twilight tonight (Wednesday) and noticed that Future Boys was closed again. I asked around and was told by semi reliable sources that the owner never reopened after the war and curfew and does not intend on reopening. I was told the boys working there showed up for work and found the place closed, no advance warning. I did not see any of the usual Future Boy door boys, waiters or go go boys around anywhere.

I guess, a new owner could get it going again. If it is closed for good, it's the end of a chapter for Bangkok. Future boys was once the number one sex show on the soi, they invented the acrobatic fuck show.

None of the bars had any customers to speak of. Dream Boys/Boys Bangkok had 20 boys, X size looked about 10, Fresh Beach Boys, 10, and the three massage venues had 4, 3 and 2 boys sitting outside. There were 10 farangs at Maxies and I counted another 10 passing on the soi between 9 and 10:30. The passing farangs did just that, pass on by, I only saw three go in any bars. Dick's Cafe had two customers.

Maybe this weekend things will pick up. It did rain this evening, so that could have slowed things down too.

So, it's still not back to usual here. This was even unusually slow for low season.

Oh dear, doesn't sound much different from last week, especially since 9 to 10:30 should be peak traffic. As for Future, didn't it change hands a few months to a year ago? It was around then that the the business imploded, no fault of the external environment.