PDA

View Full Version : not your usual restaurant/ dining enquiry

lonelywombat
May 23rd, 2010, 18:30
A friend who just arrived back from Pattaya, completely unaware of the problems of the redshirts in BKK has raved over 2 non restaurant meals [ maybe cafe] or takeaways. He cannot remember the names of the places.

The first is an english breakfast place where he had breakfast several days, fried bread, blackpudding, english sausage and bacon and fried potato and english breakfast tea. All the buttered toast you could eat. All he could remember was it was on Jomtien Beach road and a long walk from the police box. A name please.

Apparently there is a van that sells cornish pasties which if they are anything like the ones sold on Victoria station in the UK, I want to know more. Sausage rolls and pies and as good as you can get in the UK. He thinks he bought some in Sunee and also Jomtien Complex.
How/where does one find this treasure? He is useless with detail.

May 23rd, 2010, 18:49
A friend who just arrived back from Pattaya, completely unaware of the problems of the redshirts in BKK has raved over 2 non restaurant meals [ maybe cafe] or takeaways. He cannot remember the names of the places.

The first is an english breakfast place where he had breakfast several days, fried bread, blackpudding, english sausage and bacon and fried potato and english breakfast tea. All the buttered toast you could eat. All he could remember was it was on Jomtien Beach road and a long walk from the police box. A name please.

Apparently there is a van that sells cornish pasties which if they are anything like the ones sold on Victoria station in the UK, I want to know more. Sausage rolls and pies and as good as you can get in the UK. He thinks he bought some in Sunee and also Jomtien Complex.

I can't remember the name, but there was an English guy/couple who set up a Bakers or at least a place that produced English meat pies etc located at the other end of Jomtien somewhere, quite a number of years ago. You could order their pies and get them delivered as far afield as Bangkok, quite tasty too.

May 23rd, 2010, 18:57
Good news for your friends next visit!

There is also a stall selling jellied eels, cockles and whelks - it's just along from the store selling string vests and thick black socks to wear with his sandals. He'll spot it easily - it's the one with the "Sun" newspaper sign above the door, and the Candy Floss machine in the window.

Also, there is now a beach vendor going round Dongtan beach selling XL gents hankies so that he can knot the four corners to make a sun hat.

And tell him not to miss the Fish and Chip shop on Beach Road on the way home.

Alternatively he could just have 2 weeks holiday in Blackpool where he will find everything he seems to be looking for. If he books in at the "Trades Hotel" he'll get screwed every night free of charge as long as he leaves the door unlocked and isn't fussy who pumps him.

:occasion9: :occasion9: :occasion9:

May 23rd, 2010, 19:02
Good news for your friends next visit!

There is also a stall selling jeelied eels, cockles and whelks - it's just along from the store selling string vests and thick black socks to wear with his sandals. He'll spot it easily - it's the one with the "Sun" newspaper sign above the door, and the Candy Floss machine in the window.

Also, there is now a beach vendor going round Dongtan beach selling XL gents hankies so that he can knot the four corners to make a sun hat.

And tell him not to miss the Fish and Chip shop on Beach Road on the way home.

Alternatively he could just have 2 weeks holiday in Blackpool where he will find everything he seems to be looking for. If he books in at the "Trades Hotel" he'll get screwed every night free of charge as long as he leaves the door unlocked and isn't fussy who pumps him.

:occasion9: :occasion9: :occasion9:

Now, now don't be sarcastic, there is nothing wrong with a greasy Jock Pie washed down with a pint of Bitter.....

May 23rd, 2010, 19:08
...Now, now don't be sarcastic, there is nothing wrong with a greasy Jock Pie washed down with a pint of Bitter.....

We "Jocks" would never dream of drinking bitter - it's a lily-livered sassenach brew.

And if I were you I'd worry more about your OWN pie.

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

May 23rd, 2010, 19:54
We "Jocks" would never dream of drinking bitter - it's a lily-livered sassenach brew.

http://enochsemporium.co.uk/images/tartan-bitter-younger-pub-s.jpg

May 23rd, 2010, 20:13

The beer in the photo is not sold in Scotland - it is sold in England (in the same way as you cannot buy a bottle of Ballantines whisky in Scotland)

Was once sold here as "Younger's Tartan Special", never as "Bitter"

I dare say you might find some establishment maybe in John O'Groats or somewhere that may sell English beers to cater for the unwanted squatters who have moved North, probably some kind of poncified wine bar.

Scottish Beers traditionally fall into 3 categories:

Woman's Beer - i.e. Lagers and Light Beers (60 shillings)

Man's Beer - "heavy beers" such as the traditional 70/80/90 shillings or "export" beers

Dead Man's Pish - Ciders

I rest my case.

:occasion9:

May 23rd, 2010, 20:33
http://www.simplesimonthailand.com/

http://www.pattayamail.com/618/dining.shtml

http://continentalbakerypattaya.com/

http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.as ... ticle=2708 (http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?Folder=16&IdArticle=2708)

The above are the 4 Restaurants who sell a good breakfast around Jomtien.

The pie man sells pies many nights from his Mobile bike show case, in and around Jomtien and Sunee plaza and also Boyz Town, the pies are better than any you can get in the UK let alone in Pattaya full of meat and a thin pastry more like filo pastry.

May 24th, 2010, 00:44

What is the tipple of choice in Cardiff, SilomRimmer?

May 24th, 2010, 00:45

What is the tipple of choice in Cardiff, SilomRimmer?

Sheep Piss?

:laughing3:

May 24th, 2010, 02:19
By the sound of what he eats does it really matter? He's likely to die from a heart attack if he has another cholesterol packed breakfast like that before he actually finds the name out :headbang:

May 24th, 2010, 04:11
I dare say you might find some establishment maybe in John O'Groats or somewhere that may sell English beers to cater for the unwanted squatters who have moved North, probably some kind of poncified wine bar.

Scottish Beers traditionally fall into 3 categories:

Woman's Beer - i.e. Lagers and Light Beers (60 shillings)

Man's Beer - "heavy beers" such as the traditional 70/80/90 shillings or "export" beers

Dead Man's Pish - Ciders

I rest my case.

Scottish ales

While beers made in Scotland are sometimes labelled "Scottish ale" by the brewery in the same way that beers from Cornwall may be labelled "Cornish ale" and beers from Kent may be labelled "Kentish ale", there is no evidence that these beers are any different from those made in other parts of the British Isles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_in_Scotland

May 24th, 2010, 04:54
Silom Runner, you are like a dog with a bone.

I'm right - you're wrong.

Get it?

Marsilius
May 24th, 2010, 12:02

Our friend's name is actually SilomRimmer. Too many cans of the aforesaid alcohol perhaps, scottish-guy?

May 24th, 2010, 15:09

Our friend's name is actually SilomRimmer. Too many cans of the aforesaid alcohol perhaps, scottish-guy?

Years of excessive masturbation actually - can no longer see the screen accurately.

May 24th, 2010, 15:36
Years of excessive masturbation actually - can no longer see the screen accurately:

More like too much of that Jock Bitter mentioned earlier!

May 26th, 2010, 05:39
Years of excessive masturbation actually - can no longer see the screen accurately:

More like too much of that Jock Bitter mentioned earlier!

I told you already, I don't drink beer...

.....it dilutes the Whisky.