PDA

View Full Version : First Time in Pattaya...

May 19th, 2010, 03:17
Hi All,
Seen as Bkk is looking a little crazy right now I have decided to head on down to Pattaya for a few days before my flight to Samui on the 29th...

I have looked and read and looked and read and still cant decided on staying in Jomtien or further up towards Boyztown....

Could any of you share you opinions on what area is best and where you recommend to stay. I'm looking for budget accommodation.

Thanks all.

The Lip.
x

Dboy
May 19th, 2010, 04:18
My recommendation is to stay in Pattaya (for the nightlife) and then day-trip down to Jomtien (for the beach). Could recommend a specific place to stay but don't know enough about what you're looking for. You could pay 1000b/night or 500b/night..both are pretty much "budget". Will be very easy to find a hotel/guesthouse in any reasonable price range.

May 19th, 2010, 04:21
Hi Dboy.
Thanks for the advice.
My guess is if you can reccomend a place for around 500 I can work off of that.

Thanks

paperboy
May 19th, 2010, 04:39
hi
i arrive next wednesday 26 may
iv e got a great apartment for next to nothing
its clos e to everywhere and has a pool
pvt me
and i will send deatails ok

May 19th, 2010, 04:47
Hi Paperboy.
I am unable to send private msg to you for some reason.
Could u e mail me on liam _ alf @ hot mail. com
No gaps on the above e mail....

francois
May 19th, 2010, 04:52
You may want to consider Howards Hotel in Sunee Plaza area not far from Boyztown. google Howards Hotel Pattaya for web site. Rates are in your price range.

May 19th, 2010, 04:54
Thanks Francois.
Have you stayed there before? How was it?

Dboy
May 19th, 2010, 05:16
Yes I was just thinking about recommending Howard's as well. From Howard's it's about a 3 minute walk to 2nd road ( to catch the baht bus to Jomtien) , and is about a 10 minute walk to Boyztown. The Sunee plaza bars are 1 minute walk away. 600bt/night according to the website. It's nice; I can't really think of anything negative about the place. Have stayed there many times.

http://www.howards-pattaya.net/

Another option is Two Guy's. Have stayed there many times as well:

http://www.twoguysguesthouse.info/

Dboy

May 19th, 2010, 06:20
paperboy,

can you also private message me the information and rate of the apartment you are staying at? i am not able to message you for some reason.

thanks!

bing
May 19th, 2010, 08:14
I will be at Howards in early June.. Have stayed there for several years, and have found it to be just fine for me, with the best loacation for the sunee plaza.. and easy access to Boystown or Jomtien as well. I do have a grouch about the place. Some of the rooms have the inroom safe mounted on the floor. and you have to kneel down on the floor to open it,,, much prefer the rooms with the safe a few feet off the floor.

francois
May 19th, 2010, 11:40
Thanks Francois.
Have you stayed there before? How was it?

Yes, I stayed there and it was fine. Bed a little hard. But good for short time stay and good rate.

Marsilius
May 19th, 2010, 17:57
I would NOT recommend Howards. The room I had there - at back left on the ground floor as seen from the street (room 2, I think) - was very dark, looked out onto a concrete wall and was not very clean.

I would suggest Hotel Koenig, just across the road from Happy Boys bar. The rooms are spaceous and very clean.

May 20th, 2010, 05:14
What do you guys think of this new curfew??? Looks like this trip is going to the dogs for me!!!

lonelywombat
May 20th, 2010, 06:34
I do not believe you have much to worry about sure ATM give BKK a miss. Arrange for a cab to pick you up at the airport and take you direct to Pattaya. You will find that very little has changed and maybe some bars will close earlier, that will not stop you finding many young men that will be pleased to share time with you.

More and more advise is being given by PM and in your case email and so avoiding the abusive replies. Please feel free to ask whatever, here or by email.