PDA

View Full Version : nike trainers

thanatorn-old
April 21st, 2006, 04:30
It has been suggested to me, as I have begun collecting trainers/sneakers (new one's and No! I have not developed a foot fetish), that I buy a few pairs when in Thailand on the next trip. Perhaps quite unfairly, my immediate thought was no way as they will probably be "Mikes" or some other fake, even if bought in regular shops.

I am after new nikes ot possible other brands that are definately genuine and worthy of collection status- i.e. not your run of the mill basic style. The types I am after normally retail in the Uk for around ┬г100- ┬г150 or more depnding on availability, and I am looking to see if it is worthwhile sourcing some in LOS.

Any suggestions on where to go in either Pattaya or Bangkok ( i obviously understand I am not going to find what I am looking for on weekend markets etc. thanks in advance

April 21st, 2006, 05:57
You will find that the fancy models are no cheaper in Thailand than elsewhere. The only models that are cheaper are the basic ones, which are made locally. You are safe to get genuine ones at a Nike shop or reputable, large retailer like Sports Planet. I think you'll find that it is not worth it.

jolyjacktar
April 21st, 2006, 22:04
I got a pair of 10yr old nikes you can buy from me. ill let you make a good bid on them before i go to ebay with them. YEP THEY EVEN HAVE FRESH INSOLES IN THEM

April 23rd, 2006, 16:06
YEP THEY EVEN HAVE FRESH INSOLES IN THEM

I'd rather have a boy in them--And, probably, cheaper.

April 23rd, 2006, 16:52
Give them to boygeorge, then there'd be a not so fresh arsehole in them!

:cheers:

April 23rd, 2006, 20:00
Thanatorn on the serious side, it is really more expensive to get them in Thailand. If you happen to be travelling to China and HongKong, it is much cheaper and in China you can even get original Nikes at copy prices. But you need to ask where to get them.

April 23rd, 2006, 20:31
... that this would be a thread about how I can get Tiger Woods as my personal trainer (and I'd like to teach him a thing or two). Sadly, not