PDA

View Full Version : PTYA in March/April

January 8th, 2006, 07:17
Anyone going to BKK/PTYA in March/April or thereabouts? It is the quiet season (although it seems quiet almost all year round these days if I read the posts correctly) and just wondering if there is anybody around to trawl the bars with etc. I have been visiting T'land since 86 and have met many friends there, though most have moved on, contact was lost etc. I last went in June 05, the scene was almost dead and it is somewhat boring going around alone. Anybody out there that I can link up with?

I am new to this forum (only discovered it last night) which is a treasure trove of info. It's great.

I am flexible with travel dates. Am 47 and resident of Australia.

To residents in PTYA: is it busy / busier right now? I remember in o4 I was there in early april and was dead as well.

OK, hope to hear from someone.
Regards

January 8th, 2006, 09:55
HI TANGA,
Im also a resident of Australia. I take it on your last visit you stayed in a lonely big hotel room.Next time go to MONTYS BB HOTEL in Sunee plaza,unless your a total dipstick you will make a lot of friends and MONTY will be there.They have a very small cafe restaurant downstairs.It is essential for newcomers to Thailand,so u blokes or even women on here who like Thai boys ,who are new to THailand head over to MONTYS BB in Sunee Plaza.Monty s also from Australia ,even though he s from the other side to me.Rooms are very clean,A/cond,large bed,TV,Dvd,etc etc.
Low season rates were 300b per night.I was there in JUne/July 05 in Pattaya too,you should of come to MONTYS.there were plenty of farang talking about each other.I think you get bored because you stay in hotels with robot staff who are impersonal,even HOWARDS is not my cup of tea ,i think MONTYS should be what you should give a go.I got no shares or anything in it i just think it caters more for those blokes who are new to Pattaya or blokes who need the company of others.Theres a few blokes there you will meet who will trawl the bars with you.Give it a go.

January 8th, 2006, 10:03
Further more theres boys at Montys for you.You can get breakfast lunch dinner there too.Its a bit like that hotel,you check in ,but you can never leave. For the low price in low season i challenge anyone to find better,and i dont care about the whiners on here who complain about anythin.my room was always clean,the staff more than helpful,karaoke on most of the time.I wouldnt bother going back to Pattaya if MONTYS BB wasnt there,what are you going to do,stay in boring DAY/NIGHT HOTEL?

Abuelo-old
January 8th, 2006, 10:39
On my first and only visit to Pattaya a few months ago I stayed at Monty's. And by far the best thing about Monty's was the people I met while I was there that hung out in the cafe downstairs in the early evenings. They were local ex pats and frequent visitors to the area and all were very generous with tips for a newbie. I had the best time of my life and look forward to a return trip to Pattaya. I spent 5 days prior in BKK in an impersonal high rise hotel and the atmosphere at Montys was such a refreshing change. Thanks Monty!

January 8th, 2006, 10:45
And by far the best thing about Monty's ... were local ex pats ... very generous with tips for a newbie.He must have run into Hedda :lol:

elephantspike
January 8th, 2006, 12:36
unless your a total dipstick

This is something that you want to avoid. It is almost as bad as pointing your feet at someone, or touching their head! :shock:

January 8th, 2006, 12:37
Well im being fair dinkum to you TANGA,and i believe at MONTYS you will be less lonely.We all get bored after a few days when the novelty wears off,but im sure MONTY can arange for you to clean the shithouse out,only joking mate,but im sure if you get bored during the day,MONTY can arrange outings with boys (not working boys)to the movies etc,boys that the guardian angels help etc.Monty is there 99 per cent of time,he goes to Australia about every 3 months for one week.
Im not bullshitting you on this place im fair dinkum certain you will be happy and go back time after time. Another place for a meeting place is DUCS CAFE ,prounounced Dukes in Sunee Plaza,DUC is another Aussie and he s there 99 per cent of time too.GREAT coffee ,biscuits friendly bloke and if you come from Sydney ,DUC loves talking about Sydney.
I think stay at MONTYS HOTEL,go to DUCS late in the evening,and in between the bars.You will meet a lot of people.There is a lot of Aussies who stay at Monty pythons.What part of Australia are you from Tanga?

January 8th, 2006, 12:44
It a good time to visit as it's not too busy. It is hot but then it always is except when it isn't. Youu might like to enjoy Songkran which can be huge fun on the day 13th April onwards. This is Buddhist New Year and a water throwing festival. Google for details.

January 8th, 2006, 12:56
I think June /July is better for you.I would be going next week but i have had time off work due to the flu.I duno if i got bird flu or what ,at least i have lost weight,my temp is right up,and a persistent cough,my Dr says the Flu is going around,if i wasnt so sick i would be there.Even with the Air Cond on im still sweating at night.Cant wait till this hot weather goes and we have winter back here in Australia.

catawampuscat
January 8th, 2006, 13:07
The scene will be dead, no question , as it is the hottest time of the year..
Many of us who live here , enjoy the hot season as there are very few tourist around and we have no problem sitting, eating and hanging out where we want..High season, right now in fact, there are crowds in the bars and better restaurants and a good chance the boys you like will have been offed by another farang if you are not out early...
Since there are so few new farangs around in the hot season you may find it easy to meet people as we all enjoy someone new as the same old conversation with the same old friends can get old sometimes....up to you

sing_lofty_sing
January 8th, 2006, 17:58
If ever there was a reason not to go to Montys it must be that mrsydney keeps pumping it down everyone throat.
I got real bad food poisoning after staying there, just go look at the "clean" kitchen area. and how many times hands are washed before touching food. Still up to you to make your own minds up!!
I would suggest paying a little more and staying in Ambience or Cafe Royale if your new to Pattaya, then look arround the different areas in your own time.
Always play it safe for your first trip then see how the land lays

January 8th, 2006, 19:19
Thanks, guys, for all the tips. Over the years (I have been coming here on and off since 1986) I have stayed in many places (including many a dump) in PTYA, from the old "PN Inn" to backyard joints in Soi Yensabai (hotels, apartments, you name it) and flashy places in Jomtien (too much of a hassle to get home at night, all that f...ing commuting up and down that hill). Over the last couple of years I have stayed in the Grand Hotel, I think its soi 14 or 15, just off Walking Street, near Motleys or Mutleys or whatever that place is called. As you say, a normal hotel, basic, around 600-650B in the off season. The good thing about it was its proximity to Walking Street, Boystown and the Sunee area. What was nice about it was - or is - the roof terrace (no pool, though) with good views over the bay and towards Naklua end of PTYA. In June 05 they started to renovate the floors and there was too much racket, so I moved to some other place on Second Road around the corner from Star Boys. Better rooms, no bfast included but a sterile place full of the breeder variety. Anyway, I will give Montys a go next time round. How many rooms in the joint, and do I have to book? Any particular rooms/floors to avoid / to prefer?
Hey, mrsydney, I live in Cairns (banana bender country), which in Aussie parlance is the "end of the bitumen as we know it". so in that context the hot season in Tland doesn't bother me at all. It is sweltering here right now, we are waiting for the wet season to cool things down. When are you going up to Tland next time? You buggers have all the cheap flights from down there, we have to go via BNE or Honkers on Cathay which is the only international carrier left flying out of Cairns. It makes for a good shopover, though.
That DUCS place didn't get its name from the movie Unforgiven where certain people had a pronounciation problem with the word "duke" ....?
OK, just got back from work and will have to hit the sack now. Keep me posted. Cheers.

catawampuscat
January 8th, 2006, 19:21
Useless advice and some cannot resist responding to the troll and even quoting the sickest minds on this forum..It is almost like Montys is the center of wiggy worm hole let me tell you...
It does amuse me that the troll will respond viciously and my ignore button saves me from it, so guys please stop quoting this troll......I can handle the smites althou with so many of us in total disgust with this troll it can only give out so many smites via each of its posting names...

Dick
January 8th, 2006, 19:32
I'll endorse Montys B & B. The rooms are really good and particularly good value.
Monty himself is a lovable character, will look after you, and point you in the right direction.
The location is also very good. And you get the use of a large pool. All the Sunee bars only a few minutes walk away too. There are alternative eating places close by if you want a change of scenary, convenience store and ATM just around the corner, as is the Day Night area and Hollywood. Monty's would be top of my short list in that whole area.

January 9th, 2006, 02:55
Thats ok i thought i would get a few Queens knocking my advice.
No your right Catwampus and Sing lofty,Montys doesnt suit everybody,I know you rich Queens with your white shoes,limp wrists ,handbags prefer poshier places. Thats ok. The aussie bloke asked a question i gave him advice regardless if you think its useless.I can just imagine you Catwampous, feathered hat,Safari suit,white shoes,limp wrist,handbag,nose stuck in the air" These Aussies dont know anything about taste" in your posh poofy accent.
For your info ,last time i was at MONTYS i met a Judge there from Australia. Im not knocking you SING lofty i agree everyone has the right to negative comments about services and i think its good you said that.
What else you didnt like about MONTYS? Actually i found HOWARDS not to good in my opinion.I prefer MONTYS,yes seen his kitchen looks ok to me.He leaves the door open you can see it.Ambience is good too,but doesnt suit a bloke like Tango who wants to meet people.AND to tell you the truth i didnt stay in MONTYS my last visit in Sept 05 i stayed at Howards and POL POT so dont say i talk about this place all the time.And no one quoted me Catwampus? Mate you dont have me on ignore do you?
I think Catwampus you want me baby dont you,you want me spank you secretely dont you,i know your pretending to have me on ignore.
I know this because your a ladyboy and these are the games you ladyboys play. Yes TANGO I went to Cairns once but didnt like it.
It reminds me of a mini West Dubbo.

January 10th, 2006, 00:57
i have sent u an email regarding this matter.....