PDA

View Full Version : phuket in Sept

April 21st, 2006, 04:02
Having not been to phuket for over 4 yrs and never in late Sept could any person let me know what thw weather is like at this time of yr. Also how does the off rate and tip compare to that given to the boys in Pattaya

Up2U
April 21st, 2006, 04:56
September is the wettest month of year with over 16 inches of rain. I've had several visits to Phuket dampened (I won't use the word spoiled) by too much rain in June and July. I recommend you travel to Phuket during November thru April.

lonelywombat
April 21st, 2006, 05:25
I was there late september last year, and it rained heavily every day.

At least one night there was a blackout

If you go prepared to accept the rain, then it is not such a problem

For me I had just come out of a wet winter, it was like home.

I had no choice , so I made do.

April 22nd, 2006, 03:45
Usually visit Thailand in January but will also be spending a week in Patong in late August/early September en-route to a business trip to China.

Wondering how badly the rainy season will affect going to the beach etc. Appreciate if you could tell me if this rain continuous (as in most of the day) or is it for short periods only?

Up2U
April 22nd, 2006, 04:29
"Wondering how badly the rainy season will affect going to the beach etc. Appreciate if you could tell me if this rain continuous (as in most of the day) or is it for short periods only?".....I wouldn't plan on much beach time. As mentioned it's Phuket's wettest month and when it rains it pours. It's not like Pattaya where it clouds up in the late afternoon or early evening and then there might be a welcome brief shower. In July, I've had 3-4 days of almost non-stop rain. Bring your swim suit and sun screen but don't forget your waders.