PDA

View Full Version : Silom Area bars/massage houses

Blueskytoday
May 3rd, 2010, 09:08
Are the bars and massage establishments on
Silom Soi 2 - 6 Closed or some open?
What about a bit farther down silom to Solid Bar area?
Thanks for the info..

TrongpaiExpat
May 3rd, 2010, 12:00
Yes, everything is open. Not many customers due to both the Red Shirt situation and it's the start of low season. The usual street boys (Robinson's corner) have moved over to the stairs on K-Bank on Suriwong. No room left at the corner of Rama 4 and Silom with the police standing there in formation.

Life as usual pretty much resumes in lower Silom (below Thaniya) with the exception of a military presence. The Soi 6 sleaze bars are doing pretty good now but soi Twilight things are slow. Lots of good looking boys still around and in the bars.

If you want a good massage venue, don't go to the Silom area, Reds or no Reds it's generally not as good as the Sukhumvit venues. This is dated but it will get your there, 'Nobody' is closed, I think. http://www.dreadedned.com/directory/map/1/2/ Missing a few too. The only problem is if the BTS is still closing at 8pm your movement in that area gets more complicated.

Ramkamheang, Ratchadapisek and Phahoyothin areas are all up and running.

Friday night (11pm) I did a little tour of the Soi 6 (Anumum) bars.

Solid had about 15 boys, some OK, some rough around the edges, some like that. Drinks 100B, nice staff, not pushy, boys don't approach unless invited. Three other farang customers. Boys one at a time rotate on stage, once all the customers are occupied, they loose interest. I don't care for the seating here, high tables with high chairs, lean back too far and your on your ass.

Super A, (upstairs) Have not been in there in years, so dropped in since know the door man, used to be the mamasan at the now renamed Twinks bar. He's a very nice, very short guy, not pushy at all and he introduced me to the present Thai owner, also very short--I guess they can see eye to eye. They had about 8 boys in underwear and 10 or so in street clothes. The owner lets freelance boys in when ever they show up, so there's no regular stable of boys. There's a short time room but I have not seen it in years but hear it's the pits. Go over to the BBB inn. Drinks 100B. Boys approach all at once, you have to be assertive to get who and what you want. There were customers, about 4 or 5 cuming and going. Very much a hands on bar. The AC was broken. Off 300B, negotiable. The chairs in this place must be the original furniture from the 80's when this was a popular go-go--watch out for the springs.

Golden Cock, no customers, 5 boys, all out at the table, if one strikes your fancy, go in and he will follow. Short time room upstairs, the pits. I really don't like the door man, so I never go in.

Nature Boys, same as above but very hands on.

The former Twinks, now something else without lights. They boys here are on chairs and motocy's opposite the entrance. There were about 6 or 7 and two were in my opinion good looking. No off fee at all here, they just go with you. If you actually want to go in for a drink they will probably have to run to 7-11 first. They have massage rooms inside, clean, mattresses on floor, shower may not be working. Might have a dip tank to wash off. Again BBB inn a better option for 500B, three hours, they hold the boys ID. The boys get a 50B kick-back if they know to ask.

Beachlover
May 3rd, 2010, 18:01
What about Silom Soi 2... DJ and all?

May 3rd, 2010, 18:24
DJ/othe Soi 2 bars have been open just like all the other sois. Maybe 100-200 people by 1:00 pm every night. Missed two shows. G.O.D./Richards were open too.

Try to avoid going in or out through the Rama IV intersection. Soi Phipat (6/3) can get you close and you can go into that either way on Sathon. If you are uncomfortable with the possibilty to get "caught in the crossfire" then don't go.

Beachlover
May 4th, 2010, 10:48
Cool... thanks ArNoid