PDA

View Full Version : Bug and Bee, Bangkok

April 20th, 2006, 19:07
This is now the fourth time I have been to The Bug and Bee on Silom Road. I am pleased that it is a gay friendly restaurant with decent and reasonably priced food, but the service is absolutely awful. I am psoting this message becasue I hope that the owners may read this post. Last night, the waitress forgot the drink order and returned within 5 minutes and asked us what would like to drink(after we ordered drinks). We ordered four different dishes and she forgot to order one of them. We were sitting on the second floor and there were only 2 other customers. What is going on here? I have never seen such bad service. I have experienced this kind of service every time I have been to the Bug and Bee.

April 20th, 2006, 19:19
I'm afraid this place seems to be a lost cause. One or two people have written about it over time (including me) and early on one of the owners responded, saying that things would improve. I have noticed that at least one of the items that I reviewed as proving somewhat beyond their powers to deliver (the "all day breakfast") has been removed from the menu. Maybe that's the limit of their ability to "improve". I understand there is now a second coffee shop of the same name/ownership elsewhere (Sukhumvit?). I don't know whether they are relying on the pink dollar to keep them afloat, as the place always seems busy at lunchtime with Thai office workers, so maybe they don't need "us"

April 20th, 2006, 22:27
There is a Bug and Bee outlet in the enclosed higher end food court at the Paragon Complex first floor. I was there once and the service seemed extremely efficient. The only complaint I had is that I thought the dish I ordered, a kind of choo choo crab curry with their signature pancake was cloyingly sweet, too mild, and not Thai enough for my taste. I wouldn't go back for the food, thats for sure.

Monty-old
April 21st, 2006, 09:30
As Far As the owners concerned, From what you say,
you do what the Name tells you to do,,
BUG OFF,, & BEE HAPPY,,