PDA

View Full Version : Short time in Pattaya

April 28th, 2010, 05:47
It's been a while (too long really) since I visited, so was wondering what's the going rate for Short Time now?

April 28th, 2010, 23:01
As little as possible? Whatever won't piss the guy off? Who knows. I always pay $1k whether they are hanging out all day or not. If they hang out then I pay for meals, take them sight seeing, etc...I figure it's "up to them" whether they hang out. The guys with jobs usually don't and the guys from bars usually do (hoping that I'll pay the off fee the next night so they don't have to work).

goji
April 29th, 2010, 03:57
1000. Maybe a tad more if they are nice.

catawampuscat
April 29th, 2010, 04:23
it is usually "up to you"..

pay more for more and pay less for less.. don't encourage the duds and do
reward the great performers.. It is usually up to you on a short time or
a long time for that matter..

April 29th, 2010, 04:29
You mean "up to you within reason", unless you want a knife in your gut.

painai2
April 29th, 2010, 09:28
I think 1000+ baht for short time is appropriate--if you're happy with the results. The trick is happy, and you're happy. However, I get most of my guys from Boyztown, where the tips are a little higher anyway. Some Farangs only pay 500 for short time and nothing more. For that reason, I think the tip is up to you.

Beachlover
April 29th, 2010, 09:33
You mean "up to you within reason", unless you want a knife in your gut.

Geez... talk about contrast... from making love to stabbing you.

April 29th, 2010, 11:05
I think 1000+ baht for short time is appropriate--if you're happy with the results. The trick is happy, and you're happy. However, I get most of my guys from Boyztown, where the tips are a little higher anyway. Some Farangs only pay 500 for short time and nothing more. For that reason, I think the tip is up to you.

Will the boys be happy with a ┬г20. It would save me exchaging currency ?

April 29th, 2010, 12:32
Will the boys be happy with a ┬г20. It would save me exchanging currency ?

I doubt they'd mind...there are places for them to exchange currency on every block. The banks seem as common as 7-11 in Thailand.

allieb
May 2nd, 2010, 12:56
Will the boys be happy with a ┬г20. It would save me exchanging currency ?

I doubt they'd mind...there are places for them to exchange currency on every block. The banks seem as common as 7-11 in Thailand.

There is sex for sale on every block as well

a447
May 2nd, 2010, 13:03
I ALWAYS let the guy know what he can expect BEFORE we commit to each other. That way, an extra tip, so to speak, is welcomed with a smile. Also, no chance of a knife in the guts!! (Never heard that one before)

painai2
May 2nd, 2010, 15:00
One thing to remember, whatever amount you give someone, be it 500 or 1,500 baht, if you see him again, he'll expect that same amount next time.

goji
May 2nd, 2010, 16:08

What nonsense. You need to change money anyway for other living expenses, so treat this as the same.

Besides, how is he going to know what the correct exchange rate is when receiving the tip?

May 2nd, 2010, 16:13

What nonsense. You need to change money anyway for other living expenses, so treat this as the same.

Besides, how is he going to know what the correct exchange rate is when receiving the tip?

Exactly. They do not want your foreign currency.

Half the boys are so uneducated that they will see "20" on your pound notes and think it is equivalent to 20 baht.

Save yourself the trouble of trying to explain to them about exchange rates and just get some baht.

allieb
May 2nd, 2010, 17:44
[quote="don tang":2z8nu7vm]Will the boys be happy with a ┬г20. It would save me exchaging currency ?

Exactly. They do not want your foreign currency.

Half the boys are so uneducated that they will see "20" on your pound notes and think it is equivalent to 20 baht.

Save yourself the trouble of trying to explain to them about exchange rates and just get some baht.[/quote:2z8nu7vm]

I agree to pay them in Baht. Regarding your statement about not knowing exchange rates, I disagree. Unless they are fresh of the farm by a few weeks, most of the little whores are also little bankers and know everything about foreign currency.

Beachlover
May 2nd, 2010, 17:53
It's a pretty illogical question to start with. You need to change currency for other transactions anyway.

most of the little whores are also little bankers

Man, that's a bit harsh lol.

May 3rd, 2010, 01:32
Regarding your statement about not knowing exchange rates, I disagree.

From some of the posts on here, I really wonder what kind of hustlers these guys are picking up. The guys that I hung out with were well aware of exchange rates and why wouldn't they be when they deal with tourists/foreigners all of the time?

I agree that the question struck me as somewhat lazy but some of these guys prefer foreign currency for whatever reason. Dude on my last trip didn't start cracking jokes about running off with my money until after I'd converted it back to USD at the airport. He had a thing for USD for whatever reason...the baht was worth the same sum.

May 3rd, 2010, 02:27
Right...in other words, he was completely clueless as to the meaning of foreigh currency exchange.

May 4th, 2010, 05:13
Thanks as always for the very helpful advice. One often forgets what an invaluable resource this site can be for inexperienced travellers.

Keep up the good work, ladies.