PDA

View Full Version : crabs or lice

bing
April 25th, 2010, 06:06
Hi guys,, hope this is not a sensitive question. I was chatting wiht someone who asked if one can get a shampoo to get rid of lice or crabs in Thailand. In USA we have RID but not sure if it or any product for Crabs is available in Thailand wihtout a Doctors prescription/// I would think it is available,, can anyone tell me for sure?

April 25th, 2010, 06:33
Interesting questions. But why? I have been in Thailand for years and have never been with anyone with lice.

April 25th, 2010, 06:46
you can get JACUTIN GEL at a lot of pharmacies including the one in Foodland.

http://www.medica-o.com/picture/jacutin-gel-2.jpg

rub it in your pubes and leave for 24 hours then wash it off. it stings a bit on your arsehole and ball sack ... but some people like that :bounce:

(Jack Jacutin is a member of the Philippine Basketball Association but this is irrelevant to "your friend's" problem)

TrongpaiExpat
April 25th, 2010, 12:57
There's clinics all over Thailand and don't cost much to see a doctor. They will sell you the right medicine. Most times with google you can make a pretty good self diagnose but given that doctors don't charge much, why take the chance. Does your friend know the difference between crabs, ring worm, HPV and a condoloma?

No offense intended but a lot of the farangs I see really can't get a good look at themselves downunder

Marsilius
April 25th, 2010, 14:03
If you are in Pattaya, Boots pharmacy in Royal Garden Plaza sell something (forgotten what! you'll have to ask...) over the counter.

homeseeker
April 25th, 2010, 14:30
Talk about wrong information. Jacutin Gel is banned now in Thailand as in many other countries, as one of its' ingredients is dangerous. It has been banned for some years now.

What to use is: Hexin Lice Killer, all the pharmacies stock it and it sells for 20-30 baht per tube.
Just ask in the pharmacy for Hexin.
Cover your whole body including head and feet overnight for 12 hours, thereafter shower it off, and that will usually clear it.
There are no effective shampoos per se.
I am not a doctor but have the above information direct from a hospital doctor in Pattaya.

April 25th, 2010, 14:54
A lot of Thais use this.

April 25th, 2010, 16:37
Why am I not surprised that so many of our members have such intimate knowledge of this problem?

allieb
April 25th, 2010, 17:38
Why am I not surprised that so many of our members have such intimate knowledge of this problem?

And you don't of course. I don't think so

April 25th, 2010, 18:42

Considerably easier to get rid of than HPV.

April 25th, 2010, 20:57

Correct. I have never had public lice in my life, nor do I know anyone who has. Of course, if you hang around with street trash (or Arabs), you may fare differently.

April 25th, 2010, 21:28
I thought I read crabs on ice! Now that would be nice.

Diec
April 25th, 2010, 21:46
Dog shampoo that kills fleas works as well.

allieb
April 25th, 2010, 22:07
[quote="Singapore Sexpat":17s0ootk]Why am I not surprised that so many of our members have such intimate knowledge of this problem?

Correct. I have never had public lice in my life, nor do I know anyone who has. Of course, if you hang around with street trash (or Arabs), you may fare differently.[/quote:17s0ootk]

Well if you've never had public lice perhaps you've had private lice. Keeping it in the family so to speak. As you know I can't possibly have that problem. I trim my pubes Arab Style and my expensive fragrance keeps the lice away.

April 25th, 2010, 22:49
Expensive fragrance?

Oh, God...please tell me you're not one of those people who douse themselves in cologne. To me, that's even worse than body odor.

Jetsam
April 25th, 2010, 23:44
Lindane worked for me

allieb
April 26th, 2010, 00:46
Expensive fragrance?

Oh, God...please tell me you're not one of those people who douse themselves in cologne. To me, that's even worse than body odor.

Well if you would care to meet up on my next trip in September, send me a PM. I promise not to douse myself in Arabian oud at $500 an ounce, and I'l let you sniff my arse, that thousands of Arabs have fucked!!

goji
April 26th, 2010, 01:21
Just ask in the pharmacy for Hexin.
Cover your whole body including head and feet overnight for 12 hours, thereafter shower it off, and that will usually clear it.
There are no effective shampoos per se.
I am not a doctor but have the above information direct from a hospital doctor in Pattaya.

If you are a chimpanzee, then covering the whole body is a good idea. The rest of us can settle for applying the chosen lotion to our hair & probably just the pubic hair, if that's where the infestation is. The lotion may contain something like Pemethrin, which also happens to be used in slug pellets.

Wash your underwear and bedding at the highest temperature you dare, or alternatively dry it in the sun. That's to kill the eggs.

Lice are supposed to dislike high temperatures and sun, to a visit to the sauna or some nude sunbathing would be an interesting piece of scientific research.

Now did your friend catch the lice off a partner, or from some lice residing in bedding at some grotty hotel?
If there's a different hooker in the bed every night and the "cleaner" spends the day sat on her @rse rather than cleaning, god knows what might hatch out in the duvets at night.

April 26th, 2010, 03:17
my arse, that thousands of Arabs have fucked!!

This I have no problem believing.

Beachlover
April 26th, 2010, 06:18
my arse, that thousands of Arabs have fucked!!

This I have no problem believing.

This is getting really romantic.

Beachlover
April 26th, 2010, 06:20
If you are a chimpanzee, then covering the whole body is a good idea. The rest of us can settle for applying the chosen lotion to our hair & probably just the pubic hair

Good to see you're not discriminating against bornagain lol.

Now did your friend catch the lice off a partner, or from some lice residing in bedding at some grotty hotel?
If there's a different hooker in the bed every night and the "cleaner" spends the day sat on her @rse rather than cleaning, god knows what might hatch out in the duvets at night.

Now there's a good reason to avoid staying in dumps.

goji
April 27th, 2010, 01:36
Now there's a good reason to avoid staying in dumps.

Unfortunately bone idle cleaning staff can turn an otherwise very good accommodation option into a no go area.

April 27th, 2010, 02:25
Crabs or lice? You had better think twice!

Marsilius
May 12th, 2010, 22:29
I have never had public lice in my life, nor do I know anyone who has.

With your condemnatory attitude, do you really think that any of them would dare to tell you if they had had a case of crabs?

goji
May 15th, 2010, 00:40
I have never had pubic lice in my life, nor do I know anyone who has.

Lice prefer clean hosts.

May 15th, 2010, 01:53
I have to say I had to look both crabs and lice up as I had no idea what they meant.. although I know and like crabs and lime...

Although I've not had a thousand, not even a hundred (30 is more like it..) I must say for the sake of it, Arabs are definitely among the cleanest guys.. 95% of them are fully shaved (which is kinda gross to me unless they have a really hot body...) so highly unlikely they may host crabs or lice.. South East asians tend to be quite "bushy" (which is one of my turn offs) so they can be ideal victims..

During a trip in Tunisia I feared I had gotten lice although not in the pubes, but then I noticed I had forgotten the window open and the lights on at night... the room was just infested by thirsty mosquitos..lol

May 15th, 2010, 02:04
I will carefully quote the specific part of the message..

Arabian oud at $500 an ounce

I love it! although the packaging is so tacky! do you use the pure oil?

May 15th, 2010, 16:45
Hi guys,, hope this is not a sensitive question. I was chatting wiht someone who asked if one can get a shampoo to get rid of lice or crabs in Thailand. In USA we have RID but not sure if it or any product for Crabs is available in Thailand wihtout a Doctors prescription/// I would think it is available,, can anyone tell me for sure?

The board expert on such sensitive subjects is White Desire who has initiated and discussed these problems at length:

gay-thailand-f9/how-easily-catch-gonorrhea-t7642.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/how-easily-catch-gonorrhea-t7642.html)