View Full Version : BANGKOK UPDATE NOW!!!

April 20th, 2010, 22:25
It is now 10:10 PM Posting from Walayzia Hotel Tues. April 20! Arrived from Chiang Mai late afternoon. Airport large Military contingent! Check points abound! Hotels flooded with Foreign Nationals waiting to get out, stranded because of Icelandic Volcano....Red shirts poised for standoff tomorrow with army. More Equalizer posts on Global Forum !!!

"Goodnite and Goodluck!"

TrongpaiExpat
April 21st, 2010, 10:17
Do we really need two posts on this subject? You can post your observations on the situation in Bangkok on the ' Massive Army Deployment' topic. That is if you have something worthwhile to say.

I find these personal on the scene reports more interesting than the crap in the papers.

April 21st, 2010, 14:22
I find these personal on the scene reports more interesting than the crap in the papers.The Bangkok English language papers are just printing government propaganda aren't they? Someone else mentioned the Aussie Foreign Correspondent programme. I saw a videotape of it at our office and some of the best scenes were of the editor of The Nation squirming when his role as a propagandist rather than a journalist was being proposed.

April 21st, 2010, 14:38
I find these personal on the scene reports more interesting than the crap in the papers.The Bangkok English language papers are just printing government propaganda aren't they? Someone else mentioned the Aussie Foreign Correspondent programme. I saw a videotape of it at our office and some of the best scenes were of the editor of The Nation squirming when his role as a propagandist rather than a journalist was being proposed.

Interesting post!

April 21st, 2010, 16:56

Interesting post!

Everybody who writes for publications in Thailand is well aware that several pairs of scissors are in use. This is nothing new and common practise, even more rigidly enforced in 2003 by the ousted Mr T. who is by himself violating its own laws heavily.

Just try to read between the lines.

I found Business Day is often very good, i.e. on politics.
:sign3:

April 21st, 2010, 17:44
Do we really need two posts on this subject? You can post your observations on the situation in Bangkok on the ' Massive Army Deployment' topic. That is if you have something worthwhile to say.

I find these personal on the scene reports more interesting than the crap in the papers.

Is it now illegal, immoral or unacceptable to start your own thread on a subject?
God help us, it gets so petty here it's unbelievable!
How many different threads have been started on offing or accomadation or whatever else, post whatever you like as long as it complies with the forums guidelines, if the readers aren't interested you'll soon know. Get off yer high horse Tollpai!