PDA

View Full Version : SGF unavailable on DTAC?

April 19th, 2010, 18:06
Instead of using my AIS (1-2 Call) SIM as a Modem, which is slow, intermittent and often "freezes" I have changed to a DTAC SIM, which is just slow (but reliable). Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately for some!) it is impossible for me to get Sawatdee GF with DTAC, although I can get any other site I want - any guesses why, anyone?

Beachlover
April 19th, 2010, 19:44
What's SGF? You mean SGT?

bigben
April 23rd, 2010, 23:29
I sometimes use the DTAC service on my mobile phone hooking it to the P/C when Triple T acts up.

Like 1-2-call, it is as slow as snails in shit (about 460 kbps) but I have never had a problem loading this site or any other site for that matter.

I have an old Nokia phone that I use as my modem.

If you have a Nokia phone, you can download the software from

http://www.nokia-asia.com/support/download-software/device-as-a-modem

and that should solve the problem.

If you don't have a Nokia phone, perhaps the other mobile phone companies have software similar to Nokia.

I hope this helps

April 24th, 2010, 10:56
It's not available on TrueMove either, I get a 404 error. The WiFi where I'm staying works fine, go figure.

My guess is that a certain IP address range has been blocked site admins, which just happens to include all of TrueMove (and DTAC, if it's the same error).

This would not have required the blocking of many IP addresses. When you connect with True you get an address in the private range (10.*.*.*) which means that all TrueMove's GPRS/EDGE/3G users are likely to be sharing very few (or even just one) public IP address.

But then again, I could be completely wrong.