PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Philippe about HIV & Aids

April 14th, 2010, 17:05
An interview you shouldnтАЩt miss.
Most of you never hear Dr. Philippe speaking so clear and understandable about HIV and Aids.
http://pattayagaytv.com/ and http://thailandgaytv.com/
The whole report is our longest ever but it makes senses to listen the whole interview and I am sure afterwards everybody has learned something new. At the end he will make also a statement in Thai and please help to promote this interview as much as possible. Please help to donate for Heartt2000 and Pattaya Pride to support this great work. Thank you to Dr. Philippe for his time, and Kirby, our presenter, to ask these very good questions. ItтАЩs so understandable for everybody.
Even its takes long times to download this interview believe me it worse the time.
We really are looking forward to receive your feedbacks.

Your team from Thailand Gay TV
http://pattayagaytv.com/ and http://thailandgaytv.com/

April 15th, 2010, 00:58
Thanks so much for once again giving attention to a remakable man who has helped so many and is so humble. There is a time to take and a time to give. I have given and will continue to give what I can to aid his great humanitarian efforts. To anyone reading this post please do whatever you can to help the Docter continue his work. Remember one day he could be helping you or someone you know! Forget all the bullshit ....... He is an Angel.
For more information: www.heartt2000.org/ (http://www.heartt2000.org/)

thaiguest
April 26th, 2010, 01:49
I know that Dr. Philippe is an angel to the people who matter; the patients.
BUT he would need to start having a little respect for people like me who identify suspect and confirmed patients, pay for the intitial (complex and expensive) testing and help out for months after diagnosis. I've done it 3 times already.
After being patronised, insulted and ignored by Dr. Philippe I no longer accompany suspect and confirmed patients- I always send them with a Thai friend of mine.
Sorry to make trouble in heaven but the truth is the truth.

Beachlover
April 26th, 2010, 06:21
How did he patronise, insult and ignore you?

Bob
April 26th, 2010, 06:53
BUT he would need to start having a little respect for people like me who identify suspect and confirmed patients, pay for the intitial (complex and expensive) testing and help out for months after diagnosis. I've done it 3 times already.
After being patronised, insulted and ignored by Dr. Philippe I no longer accompany suspect and confirmed patients- I always send them with a Thai friend of mine.

Huh? If you're participating to have somebody (the good doctor or others) show you "respect", you're participating for the wrong reasons. Surprisingly, you're obviously aware that the doctor is there to serve the patients and, as you noted, they consider him an "angel."

As to your ego or other body parts, you might want to get those massaged elsewhere.

puckered_penguin
April 26th, 2010, 11:52

I understand where you are coming from thaiguest and initially had similar experiences but have persevered and now have no difficulties. You just have to hold your tongue until the good Dr. has finished his Dr. to patient interview and then ask for a short synopsis. It will help, as you may well have, to have a reasonable understanding of the Thai language as you will then have a good idea of whats going on. One of the things that really rankles the Dr. is if you try to answer a question that he has asked of the patient. Don't expect him to speak in Thai and another language in the same breath.

I, as many others do, have paid for the tests and the medicines until the patients are able, stable and well enough to go on to the Govt. schemes. My payments certainly have not paid for his excellent counsel. By the way 10 pcts. of LM cigarettes also helped with our communication, (after all this is Thailand).

Geezer
April 26th, 2010, 12:49
I, too, accompanied a lad to see Dr. Philippe for the first visit.

The doctorтАЩs initial focus was on the boy who was consumed with anxiety at being infected with a disease which, to him, seemed a death sentence. Most of the discussion was in Thai. After these issues were dealt with the good doctor turned his attention to me.

I appreciated the DoctorтАЩs priorities, and have nothing but praise, respect, and gratitude for him.

Patexpat
April 26th, 2010, 13:09
Having had the pleasure to know Dr Phillippe for many years I simply don't recognise the description of him given by Thaiguest.

April 26th, 2010, 14:24
Thaiguest,you are to be commended for all the help and support you have given to those guys you mentioned.It would be easy to criticise you for your comments on the good Doctor,but this would be overlooking the important role you play in the scheme of things,and it is natural to want a little recognition for ones' efforts, certainly not to be ignored and insulted.I sincerely hope the treatment you received does not deter you from continuing this important and humane work you do,as you quite rightly pointed out -the people who matter are the patients!
I clearly do not know the circumstances in which you were offended,but when some dedicated people-like the Doc-are so focused on what they are doing they tend to ignore or be unaware of others "on the team". In any event ,well done to you for your selfless generosity and spirit.

April 26th, 2010, 19:22
HELP URGENTLY NEEDED?

After Many years of taking care of a boy with HIV a friend of mine is at the end of his tether.

The Boy now in his 30s was an orphan living, at Father Brennan's Orphanage , the old one, that years ago was in thepprasit Road so there is no trace of his family or any paper work to say who he really is. So he can not get an I.D card.

Because of this Doctor Philippe will not or can not treat this guy.

Now come on, surely this is the very reason an HIV Charity would cover this Grey area, is there any one who can point us, into the right direction to get charity, for this guy , as the bills are growing beyond My friends means now and he will die if not treated or able to buy the many Drugs needed.

April 26th, 2010, 19:41
If you are not the boy's lover or relative, then what business do you have poking your big farang nose into the doctor-patient relationship?

Hear Hear
Thaiguest = petulant, self-aggrandizing prat

Beachlover
April 26th, 2010, 20:32
I'm sure the good doctor focuses on his PATIENT more than the person who may happen to have brought him in and pay his bills.

That's the way it should be. If you are not the boy's lover or relative, then what business do you have poking your big farang nose into the doctor-patient relationship?

That you, Nightmare? Man... you are getting massacred.

April 28th, 2010, 15:15
About a year ago I often would notice a Thai guy that seemed to look worse evrytime I saw him. I asked if he would join me for a drink, he looked surprised but accepted the offer. We began to chat I was astonished at how well he spoke english. After some small talk and careful of what I was saying I ask him if he was ok, he said no I not feel so good long time. My suspicions were only obvious to me. I told him I knew a good farang doctor and told him I would go with him if he liked, he said ok and I gave him my cell number. Much to my surprise he called me 2 days later and asked if I would take him. I never mentioned the "A" word so as not to scare him. When we got to the doctors house a few people were waiting to see the doctor. When it was his turn to see the Dr. He asked if I would go inside with him. Once inside the Dr. greeted me in English and the guy he greeted in Thai. He asked me what was my association with this guy the guy answered for me and said he papa. The Dr.asked me to sit on the sofa as he sat on the floor with the guy...After the visit and referrals for tests my worst fear was confirmed. I do not know if the guy already knew as he took the news in stride. The guy after becoming a regular patient looks great and says he feels well. Thus perhaps another life saved! Do not bother saying anything but praise for the Good Doctor.