PDA

View Full Version : Sunee Bars for sale/closed

gerefan2
April 9th, 2010, 07:49
According to this link... http://www.suneeplaza.info/cgi-bin/page ... ws#barsale (http://www.suneeplaza.info/cgi-bin/page.pl?p=news#barsale)
there are currently no less than 10 bars for sale in Sunee. In addition there are probably another 5 that are closed. A total of 15.

Out of 30 bars/gogo establishments this seems a very high proportion.
Is this unprecedented?
g2

April 9th, 2010, 12:32
I expect the list will grow longer, as to the reasons I suspect there are many. No customers, exchange rate, political crisis. and perhaps most importantly it is rumored that the provincial government wants bars with any direct or veiled Farang ownership out! It ain't what it used to be.

April 9th, 2010, 22:02
Over time Sunee has changed a lot ... gone are the days of naughty boys at the Dragon and Monty's pool ........etc. etc.
for all the many reasons stated in posts on this forum .. tourism is down, problem with drugs is up and police oversight has changed
STILL .... Pattaya is the BEST in Asia.

{edited oh so slightly - a "hiding in the shadows" newbee - not deleted this time - jinks}

paperboy
April 9th, 2010, 23:34
im still so looking foward to my trip, no exchange rate or riots in the street, or drugs will change my mind.
Im sure there are worst places than thailand!!!!!

April 10th, 2010, 00:35
im still so looking foward to my trip, no exchange rate or riots in the street, or drugs will change my mind.
Good point! But just keep your eye on what is happening in BKK.....Today for the first time I saw Red shrits in Pattaya. I think this time something is about to happen!

Rene
April 10th, 2010, 00:56
Good point! But just keep your eye on what is happening in BKK.....Today for the first time I saw Red shrits in Pattaya. I think this time something is about to happen!

Indeed, things seem to be approaching critical mass. Hope the reds don't start making gays the object of their frustration as they did last year at the gay parade in Chiang Mai which they successfully shut down claiming gays bring a bad reputation to the country.

TrongpaiExpat
April 10th, 2010, 01:12
I don't think that gay bars or gay people are on their agenda. What happen with Red Shirt group 51 in Chiang Mai was a funny set of circumstances that would not likely repeat itself in Bangkok or heavens forbid Pattaya.

I was on the last BTS Sky Train tonight and glided over them with no problems. A few were boarding BTS, going home? They mingle with the multi colored shirt people with not a concern in the world. The city has shut off all the street lights in the area and there's lots of police on the parameters but most of the Red Shirts were sleeping. The malls shut up tight and on black out too.

It's been a big boom for the street vendors. I'll take 200 orders of sticky rice and all the BBQ that you have, to go please. Delivery boy Reds were having to hit the vendors along Silom having cleaned out all of them closer to Central World.