PDA

View Full Version : BKK review - day 4

a447
April 5th, 2010, 20:21
Arrived BKK Friday and immediately headed off to Solid. Who should be there but my old mate from last time. He recognised me and came and sat with me. Needless to say, we later had a great time renewing our acquaintance!
Saturday I first headed to Soi Twilight to catch the show at Boys Bangkok. What can I say - boring as batshit. Lots of guys dressed in black prancing about and whipping each other with those rubber hoses. Same old, same old. And, of course there was the gum-chewing German screaming out that his bar was the biggest "in za Verld!" He neglected to tell us that it is also probably the most expensive in a third world country, charging 300 baht for a drink! Headed off to Screwboys but not much talent on display there. Disappointing. So, back to Solid. Unfortunately, there was a farang there buying whiskey for the boys. One in particular was very drunk and making a real nuisance of himself. The manager should have sent him home. As I walked out the door I saw him fall in a heap on the floor and he had brought the farang down with him.
So...Sunday I started off at Xboys. Don't know why I bothered, especially as the price of drinks didn't match the talent on stage. The big cock show consisted of a guy massaging another guy's back while 4 others with hard-ons just stood there and watched. This was followed by a group of guys in a "dance" routine. Sadly, none of them had bothered to learn said routine and they seemed to spend a lot of time looking at each other, trying to figure out what the next step was. Then we had a lip-syncing ladyboy. Her performance was full of drama and emotion. I don't understand Thai but from her hand actions, I think it was about trying to close some venetian blinds that had got stuck. This was followed by some screeching ladyboys.
I'm beginning to wonder if all the bars aren't owned by the same person, or persons. Every time I visit BKK i see the same guys but in different bars. The small guy with the big grin and enormous cock - regulars will know who I mean - is now at Xsize. I reckon he's gone up and down the Soi over the years. I wandered over to Fresh Beach Boys but there was only one other customer. So it was back to Solid.
I hope Pattaya has more to offer - BKK is becoming really boring.
BTW I have often written about how good the Rose Hotel is. This time I'm not so sure. The room they gave me had a very noisy airconditioner. It would have been impossible to sleep. I complained and so they very reluctantly changed my room. The room service is now very poor - toilet paper, tissues and water not replaced. The doorman told me he had cleaned my room today.