PDA

View Full Version : MEXICO

April 5th, 2010, 03:13
Hello !

Does have anyone informations about the gay szene in Mexico ? I'm on a working contract there and would love to get some contact. I'm based in Veracruz .....

Thank's a lot for any informations !

Ibrahim

maxdamron
April 5th, 2010, 04:29
I would be much less concerned about the gay scene in Mexico these days than not getting caught in the crossfire of the drug gangs that are murdering people every day en masse. Just be safe!

yaraboy
April 5th, 2010, 11:38
Not much in Veracruz.....though have picked up dates in Zocalo. Xalapa used to have a gay bar and there are lots of gays there being a University town
Mexico City is fantastic with bars and discos to suit every taste.Check out Sergay on line for details. As for the previous poster and others Mexico is generally not dangerous for the average gay tourist. I have been to Mexico City 10 times and never the hint of a problem. Go to DF gay pride in June.biggest parade you will ever see!

maxdamron
April 6th, 2010, 03:42
Yaraboy, I am not suggesting that tourists are being targeted, though there have been a number of kidnappings. But with all the gang activity in so many parts of the country, being in the wrong place at the wrong time happens way too often. Recently, tourists in Acapulco were barred from certain parts of the city for their own protection. Better a word of caution than not knowing.

Surfcrest
April 10th, 2010, 01:41
Recently, tourists in Acapulco were barred from certain parts of the city for their own protection.

The coast of Mexico including Acapulco has been the super highway for the drug trade for many years. Gang involvement and violent interactions between rival gangs, the police and drug enforcement agencies has only been escalating. Now, increasingly gangs outside of Mexico are getting involved to eliminate the middle man and increase profits. Sometimes it's hard to tell the tourists from the white trash that are getting involved in the drug trade and occasionally a bullet does go astray.....it's not like this is only happening in Mexico.

There are parts of Mexico City that tourists should be barred from for their own protection and this isn't specific to what has been going on in the country of Mexico recently.....so it's nice to see that Mexico is taking action in Acapulco to protect what tourism remains after all this. I just flew in from Mexico City early this morning and didn't notice anything different down there in with past trips.

As for the gay scene in Veracruz, along the Gulf Coast or anywhere in the country for that matter....try the gay sites, if you don't meet the perfect match you'll at least meet friends and through them you're likely to meet someone to your liking.