PDA

View Full Version : Bali gay life

thrillbill
April 4th, 2010, 10:23
My partner and I will be in Bali during Thailand's songkran. (escape) We'll be staying near Legion Beach. Any suggestions of the bars and other gay "venues" to go to . (FOR THE OLD QUEENS: Yes, I have done research on the internet just want some personal suggestions). I do not see any places for gay saunas, true? And if we want to pick up a Bali toy boy for the night, what is the price... place to cruise and such. Thanks. :sex:

April 6th, 2010, 04:46
Gay venues in Bali located at Jalan Dhyana Pura, Seminyak area. Around 5 - 10 minutes by taxi from Legian Beach (note: Jalan = Street).
There are 2 bars there: "Mixwell" & "Bali Joe".Those 2 bars are separately by a gay-owned nice restaurant 'Antique Restaurant'.

At the moment Bali Joe is more famous because it is gay-owned and provide gogo boys dancer (not naked) & lipsync dragqueen show.
More people come after 11 PM, especially during week end nights.
The newest one, "Face Bar" - located at the same street, will be opened in late April or early May.

There are many money boys in Bali, you can find at those bars. But usually they don't introduce themselves as rent-boy. If you have enough experiences in this gay-world, you will have a feeling if someone is a prostitute or not. From the appearance, usually they wear attractive clothes & as sexiest as they could be.
After some talks, you might ask them politely if they are money boys, then bargain about the price. Usually they offer Rp. 500,000 (around US$ 50) for one time 'fun' in your hotel room. You can bargain start from Rp. 200,000 (US$ 20). The average price is Rp. 300,000 - Rp. 350,000 (US$ 30 - 35).
Some well-built body boy perhaps will stick at US 40 - 50. But it is also depend on how you like them. Some money boys are more negotiable after 2 AM when they couldn't get any customer.

Bali is a nice place for holiday. But regarding rent boys, there were some thieves have been reported.
Here are some tips for you:
- Before you leave your hotel room, please keep your valuable things in hotel/room safety box.
- Bring only some money you think enough for meals, drinks, taxis & boys.
- After 'fun' in your room, don't let the boy alone. If you should take a shower, let the bathroom door opened or ask him to take shower together.
- If they steal something, usually they take small things like watch, digital camera, mobile phone & some (not all) money from your wallet.
- Rent boys are not only at night in the bars. Some of them also try to get customers at the beach during day time.

Please not too worry because the bad cases are rare. But it is better to protect yourself from unnecessary moments that could bother your memorable times.

Please enjoy your holiday in Bali !

thrillbill
April 7th, 2010, 17:33
Thanks for the info. I had to chuckle to myself about hiding things in the hotel room. One time in Saigon, I ran into a "one night only" and had passport and money safely put away (including my wallet). After the guy showered and left, I went into the bathroom and discovered he took my cologne, prescription glasses (I was wearing contact lenses at the time) and my Hom brand bathing suit. Now I make sure nothing of "value" is in the bathroom either.

April 12th, 2010, 08:58
Bali boys are quite shy be "out" but if you check GayRomeo you'll probably find what you are looking for.

thrillbill
April 18th, 2010, 10:00
UP DAte on Bali..What "Caprigam" says (above post) is good information. I just returned from Bali and found the information correct. Since it had been 25 years since I had been in Bali, there are disappointments with the development of the island...Kuta is no longer a small beach village, but an unorganized tourist city. Skip Kuta. My partner and I stayed at the Spartacus Gay Resort located in the Legion Beach area. I recommend the place since it is small (25 rooms) and has a wonderful staff. (See website) The place does NOT allow the local money-boys to hang out around the pool, so it is basically just the visitors who stay there soaking in the sun or visiting. One is allowed to bring in a "guest" - no problem. The walk to the "gay beach" from Spartacus is an easy 15 minutes.The "gay area" is on the grounds of a local restaurant that rents out lounge chairs and umbrellas. From the tree covered lawn, you can see the beach in front of you. Unfortunately the waves are strong and it isn't safe to swim since there is a strong current. The local Indonesian young men come to the restaurant area after 3pm if you want to meet someone. (Most of them were not my style- skinny and fem acting.) The night life was surprisingly fun... two major bars: Bali-Jo's and Mix Well. They're almost next to one another so you can walk from one bar to the other...they have the same entertainment... drag queens lip syncing (good) and at Mix Well bar they will have some hunky Indonesian fellows dance on top of the bar for a few songs. The "commercial boys" mostly stand outside in front of the entrance of these two bars or across the street. The rate for their services is about 200,000 rupees or more. Like the vendors, they will first ask for a ridiculous price... I didn't run into any one that was THAT HOT for paying more than $25. I liked the Indonesian guys...a nice change from the Thai scene. My Thai BF even enjoyed the Indonesians' mild, polite mannerisms. The pain in the arse was that one had to take a taxi from the gay hotel to the night life but it is easy to get a taxi and the taxis are NOT expensive. The drivers are polite and not out to rip you off. (Unlike the shop keepers).

My Thai BF and I still like going to Phuket since everything is walking distance and one can go swimming safely. Although there is no decent gay hotel like Spartucus there.

danny99
April 19th, 2010, 16:29
Gay venues in Bali located at Jalan Dhyana Pura, Seminyak area. Around 5 - 10 minutes by taxi from Legian Beach (note: Jalan = Street).
There are 2 bars there: "Mixwell" & "Bali Joe".Those 2 bars are separately by a gay-owned nice restaurant 'Antique Restaurant'.

At the moment Bali Joe is more famous because it is gay-owned and provide gogo boys dancer (not naked) & lipsync dragqueen show.
The newest one, "Face Bar" - located at the same street, will be opened in late April or early May.

There are many money boys in Bali, you can find at those bars. But usually they don't introduce themselves as rent-boy. If you have enough experiences in this gay-world, you will have a feeling if someone is a prostitute or not. From the appearance, usually they wear attractive clothes & as sexiest as they could be.
After some talks, you might ask them politely if they are money boys, then bargain about the price. Usually they offer Rp. 500,000 (around US$ 50) for one time 'fun' in your hotel room. You can bargain start from Rp. 200,000 (US$ 20). The average price is Rp. 300,000 - Rp. 350,000 (US$ 30 - 35).
Some well-built body boy perhaps will stick at US 40 - 50. But it is also depend on how you like them. Some money boys are more negotiable after 2 AM when they couldn't get any customer.

Bali is a nice place for holiday. But regarding rent boys, there were some thieves have been reported.
- Before you leave your hotel room, please keep your valuable things in hotel/room safety box.
- After 'fun' in your room, don't let the boy alone. If you should take a shower, let the bathroom door opened or ask him to take shower together.
- If they steal something, usually they take small things like watch, digital camera, mobile phone & some (not all) money from your wallet.
- Rent boys are not only at night in the bars. Some of them also try to get customers at the beach during day time.

Please not too worry because the bad cases are rare. But it is better to protect yourself from unnecessary moments that could bother your memorable times.

Please note that as a rule 'rent boys' in Bali are NOT Balinese! Inevitably they come from the rest of Muslim Indonesia, most in fact are from Surabaya and may include a few Indonesian Chinese [Christian or Buddhist or even Confucist]. Not that HIndu Balinese boys are not availabel it is just that they are not into this scene, with them the availablity of sex comes first, of course if you give them a present they love it! You can tell the difference from the smiles, the young Balinese are more genuine particularly if you meet them outside of the artificial gay environment.

danny99
June 13th, 2010, 14:55

True there are many rent boys in that area and in other gay haunts but 95% of them are not Balinese but from Java, Sumatra, etc, chasing the $$. Experience should tell you the more genuine ones unless faced with somthing so sexy that you want to take the risk! The beach boy scene along the Amed coast up in Bali's North-eastern coast [and many of the hotel staff] is purely Balinese and whilst money is not often mentioned a 'present' say Rp.100,000 or so is expected and appreciated as they are very poor in the villages of that area. They are very happy to spend your holiday with you eating and drinking [a meal for 6 at Wayan's Warung in Lipah Beach, Amed would cost about $20, food and fruit juices, great food and lots of fun for you and 5 hungry boys].