PDA

View Full Version : House we built

alanthebuilder
April 4th, 2010, 06:03
http://www.alanthebuilder.com/bigpattaya.html
we built this house in Pattaya Completed one month ago ,we are now building a house in Khon Kean - Alan the gay freindly builder you can talk to!

April 4th, 2010, 06:49
Alan the guy freindly builder you can talk to!
[X] Ask Elephantspike, the guy freindly owner you can talk to, for his guy freindly advertising rates!

http://img6.travelblog.org/Photos/111764/379812/f/3543166-Tree-Hut-1.jpg
The guy freindly builder you can talk to builds guy freindly houses with guy friendly materials.

alanthebuilder
April 4th, 2010, 07:12
I have sent a message to the moderator asking for a price for my banner to put on the forum im waiting for a reply hopefully I will get one soon.
I think this is a great forum and I would be very happy be become a sponsor

April 4th, 2010, 20:55
Personally, I don't believe in all this advertising crap. It doesn't work with me. I work by word of mouth, statistics etc. Anyone, can advertise what they like and say how good their services are, when in actually fact they are absolutely crap. I'm not saying "this" service is as such. I have no idea. But you only have to look at large corporates advertising, as an example, and some of the services one receives. I can name a dozen small and large businesses that advertise and do not live up to their name. Gay saunas are particularly good at advertising only - there was a gay sauna I noticed advertising, in their ad it stated "complimentary towels". I mean .... the mind boggles.

alanthebuilder
April 5th, 2010, 06:47
Personally, I don't believe in all this advertising crap. It doesn't work with me. I work by word of mouth, statistics etc. Anyone, can advertise what they like and say how good their services are, when in actually fact they are absolutely crap. I'm not saying "this" service is as such. I have no idea. But you only have to look at large corporates advertising, as an example, and some of the services one receives. I can name a dozen small and large businesses that advertise and do not live up to their name. Gay saunas are particularly good at advertising only - there was a gay sauna I noticed advertising, in their ad it stated "complimentary towels". I mean .... the mind boggles.

Thanks for the input mate.
We donтАЩt supply towels ether when we build houses, we do supply Complementary hard hats.
Thanks again. :happy7:

April 5th, 2010, 17:20
You would probably need a hard hat for all the **** comes falling.

On another note, when I bought my flat, the sellers decided to do a little "marketing", they supplied everyone with a straw sun hat, which was reflected in the same of the development. There were so many problems with the development it was unbelievable, new windows, timber framing problem, even to this day there are still problems. That's advertising for yer!

Brad the Impala
April 5th, 2010, 21:52
That's due diligence for you............

alanthebuilder
April 6th, 2010, 04:53
You would probably need a hard hat for all the **** comes falling.

On another note, when I bought my flat, the sellers decided to do a little "marketing", they supplied everyone with a straw sun hat, which was reflected in the same of the development. There were so many problems with the development it was unbelievable, new windows, timber framing problem, even to this day there are still problems. That's advertising for yer!
We build high quality houses mainly from concrete and White insulation blocks (cool).
We donтАЩt use framing methods wood Naa :drv: to many termites in Thailand! And the windows ether Aluminium or P.V.C (no maintenance) the type of houses that we build are built to last with very low maintenance.
Would you like a complementary Alanthebuilder T shirt? Red or yellow? :rolling:

April 6th, 2010, 06:30
It is to be hoped that this flat is not the amazing investment that you bleated on and on about many months ago in one of your more lucid moments. :laughing3:

Me bleating on in a lucid moment now equals 3x its original value. However, you are right in your "hoping that this flat ..." it isn't.

April 6th, 2010, 13:36
Subject to phsyical scrutiny, I thought the said house was very nice. Any notion of the total cost, or sale price?

alanthebuilder
April 6th, 2010, 16:39
It was a very high speck house(VERY) .640 sqm 9.3 mill.
We donтАЩt sell houses , only build to order .
Thanks again Alan.

April 6th, 2010, 18:04
OK, the quality of the build may be fantastic -- but whoever designed that house needs to be shot. Was it an actual real, live architect?

Beachlover
April 6th, 2010, 20:16

So you think ALL businesses that advertise are bad and fail to deliver? What an ignorant and generalising comment. Just incredibly stupid.

Of course, businesses will make claims. Every business needs to communicate, or no matter how good their service, they will never get it to the market. It's up to customers to do their due diligence. In my experience, a business, which sells itself well is a good sign they know what their customers want, which is the first step towards delivering what customers want.

Guess what? Word of mouth referred businesses can be a flop too? Businesses (especially small business) can be inconsistent... treating one customer great and the next one poorly for any number of reasons.

alanthebuilder
April 7th, 2010, 04:43
OK, the quality of the build may be fantastic -- but whoever designed that house needs to be shot. Was it an actual real, live architect?

The house was designed be the client who is an Architect \ engineer.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Anymore positive input twat of all twats?
Being guy One would of thought Dick of all Dicks might of been more appropriate. :laughing3:
Thanks guys

April 7th, 2010, 18:55
Well Alan, I thought it looks very well composed regardless of who designed it.
I'll stick my neck out and say yes, I could live in that!
The naysayers and wankers are usually the ones renting shitboxes at Nana.
Keep up the good work and if you build anything else let us see the pics, I think it's great to see/read something of general INTEREST on this form for a bloody change.

April 7th, 2010, 21:45
http://www.alanthebuilder.com/bigpattaya.html
we built this house in Pattaya Completed one month ago ,we are now building a house in Khon Kean - Alan the gay freindly builder you can talk to!
Oh my!! This house is great! Good job! I want the same!! :thumbleft:

April 8th, 2010, 00:23
What architectural style would you call that thing, anyway? "Contemporary concrete box"?

April 8th, 2010, 02:33
http://files.myopera.com/ricewood/blog/Bunker.jpg
[X] Indestructible! The archetype of the Contemporary Thai Concrete Box (CTCB).

alanthebuilder
April 8th, 2010, 05:16
Thanks mate . :rolling:

April 8th, 2010, 08:11
How much did this property cost to build and where is it?

April 8th, 2010, 18:05
How much did this property cost to build and where is it?

Read back a few comments for the price, don't know where it is.

April 8th, 2010, 18:12
Looked, I can't see the price. So the question still remains, what was the cost to build and where is it?

alanthebuilder
April 8th, 2010, 18:17
9.3 mill . 640 sqm ,

April 8th, 2010, 18:22
9.3 mill . 640 sqm ,

That's quite dear.

I'm currently building a house, and the quotes I received were all in the 10K - 12K per sq. m. range.

Of course, I suppose gay friendly builders might impose a premium -- just like gay friendly restaurants, bars, and hotels do.

April 8th, 2010, 19:57
9.3 mill . 640 sqm ,
This price is too high for me(((

April 8th, 2010, 20:03
Nice property, nice price, but depends on where it is as to whether it can stand the value. Not sure on the property in Thailand at the moment, but I have seen reasonablely priced condos for sale. The problem with Thailand is and this is only generally speaking, they will not drop their prices, and tend to hike prices before giving a discount, making people feel they got a deal. But we have had this conversation before, and probably will do again, Thailand is not cheap to live in any more, from a western perspective, and not many westerners survive with their savings etc when living in Thailand. The reason being whichever corner of the street you are on, one is milked dry of the money. We need 75 bht to the ┬г again to rectify things.

Beachlover
April 8th, 2010, 20:07
Oh come on twat, he's trying to make an honest buck. Why pick on him? Perhaps the specs are higher for this place.

April 8th, 2010, 20:15
If the house is built to European standards including the mains power etc. then the price for a house of that size is quite reasonable, even with the current exchange rate.

April 8th, 2010, 23:04
If the house is built to European standards including the mains power etc. then the price for a house of that size is quite reasonable, even with the current exchange rate.

Unless imported materials are used, what would the exchange rate have to do with the build price? And with the baht strong, that makes imported things cheaper.

alanthebuilder
April 9th, 2010, 05:38
9.3 mill . 640 sqm ,

That's quite dear.

I'm currently building a house, and the quotes I received were all in the 10K - 12K per sq. m. range.

Of course, I suppose gay friendly builders might impose a premium -- just like gay friendly restaurants, bars, and hotels do.
It was built to a very high speck I will list a few things bellow .
Double block insulation walls.
15mm gypsum ceilings not 9mm.
37 made to order teak doors (6500baht each), front doors factory ordered Elephant design 18000 for the two.
Teak stair case rails and spindles
Teak 2 thick inch window sills .
Teak skirting boards and door framing throughout 400 meters of.
Handmade Cornish coving almost half a kilometre of.
Granite composite flooring .
Very high speck bathroom tiles.
Two Over sized Jacuzzi bath tubs ,with separate built in shower units .
Italian Eclectics throughout switches sockets power units.
Independent hot and cooled water supply to all sinks and baths .
Grade A aluminium white windows 3mm not 1.2 mm,norm with 6mm green glass.
Three faze electric throughout (heavy duty).
__________________________________________________ _________

This is some of the speck, didnтАЩt want to bore you with the oversized detailed footing and roof steel and so on speck.
This kind of speck cost a little more than your average house ,you get what you pay for, and the client got what he specified and paid for .
He got a company in to fit his 800,000 baht kitchen and also his central air con.
His garage is bigger than you flat - twat! :dontknow:
Thanks for the input guys itтАЩs been my pleasure. :thumbleft:

April 9th, 2010, 06:23
It seems you have made a good job of this, as far as putting all the info on the net is concerned anyway. Hence, the price etc. Good luck in future projects and I hope you have sold this unit.

alanthebuilder
April 9th, 2010, 07:00
It seems you have made a good job of this, as far as putting all the info on the net is concerned anyway. Hence, the price etc. Good luck in future projects and I hope you have sold this unit.

Thanks mate.
We do not sell houses , we only build to order for clients who have the land already!
We work on the design make a price-plan-contract, then we build for the client .

April 9th, 2010, 17:10
This is some of the speck, didnтАЩt want to bore you with the oversized detailed footing and roof steel and so on speck.
This kind of speck cost a little more than your average house ,you get what you pay for, and the client got what he specified and paid for .
He got a company in to fit his 800,000 baht kitchen and also his central air con.
His garage is bigger than you flat - twat! :dontknow:
Thanks for the input guys itтАЩs been my pleasure. :thumbleft:

As you have said "you get what you pay for" If all is 100% quality build etc then the price is very reasonable.

April 9th, 2010, 19:22
I'm not in the market for such house as I don't live in Thailand (never mind the ownership problems for farangs) but I love the house.
Suggest everyone puts twat on ignore, sad and tired old thing he must be.
Good luck with future projects Alan.

alanthebuilder
April 10th, 2010, 05:37
Thanks guys for your views and input .
I find most of you guys to be very friendly and nice ,thanks again .

Surfcrest
April 11th, 2010, 07:07
That's an excellent price for the size / specs that you provided.

How long did it take you from start to finish?
How close were you to the original quote with the 9.3 mill final price?
Where do you and your crew base yourselves during construction, on site or nearby?
What if there's an existing structure on the property, do you do any demolition?
Or could you gut an existing structure and build new using the existing facade / exterior frame?

Nice to see a real businessman, doing real business here in the LOS.....keep smiling and good luck!

Surfcrest

Diec
April 11th, 2010, 09:33
Surf, you ask the most interesting questions! Are you interested in Alan building you something?

Surfcrest
April 11th, 2010, 23:54
Surf, you ask the most interesting questions! Are you interested in Alan building you something?

I have my eye on a specific property outside of Pattaya. I was going to just buy the thing and sit on it until I figured out what to do with it.
The building is quite a bit older than the buildings next door, but it appears those newer buildings were built with a similar albeit style facade....like they were trying to imitate the architectural style of the building I'm looking at. The building in question appears to have been abandoned for some time and with the exception of the concrete outer shell, the place is a wreck.

Before I make an offer on the property I'd like to know what my options are.

A good friend nearby had a house built nearby and ran into some significant cost overruns and went far past the promised completion date.
With the renovation work I've had done over the years at Jomtien, I'm not interested in dealing with more of the same Thai contractors. IтАЩm looking for someone that can do as they promise at the price and within the time frame agreed upon in the estimate process.

It would appear as though Alan would fit the bill with what IтАЩm looking for.
If only I could find the same type of builder in Guatemala..........

Thanks for your interest Diec.

alanthebuilder
April 12th, 2010, 07:01
That's an excellent price for the size / specs that you provided.

How long did it take you from start to finish?
How close were you to the original quote with the 9.3 mill final price?
Where do you and your crew base yourselves during construction, on site or nearby?
What if there's an existing structure on the property, do you do any demolition?
Or could you gut an existing structure and build new using the existing facade / exterior frame?

Nice to see a real businessman, doing real business here in the LOS.....keep smiling and good luck!

Surfcrest
Hi there the price was 9.3 but the client upgraded a couple of things ,we also made a big driveway extra and also a underground 10.000 litre water tank extra .
We are a Surin based company we do like to build in and around Surin but we have built in Pattaya,Ban-Sara, Kho Sumui, Khorat, Khon Kean, Buriram, .
When we build any house my gang make a camp on the site, this is a must so they are near the job and also so people donтАЩt steel all our equipment and materials and tools .
I do weekly visits , normally 1 weeks on 1 week off .
We donтАЩt build small low budget houses at long distance from home for obvious reasons.
We donтАЩt do small fix up jobs or extensions outside of Surin, and even inside Surin the job must be of a reasonable size.
We are a building construction company building houses from start to completion ,we can help with the design we have on hand 1 X Bangkok university excellent architect teacher, 2 engineers both university teachers and all very good friends of myself.
If anyone needs any help my personal Email is Alansurin@yahoo.com .
Hope you all have a great songcran :occasion9: ,donтАЩt drink too much :alc: ,take care and thanks again for your interest and letting me join in on this forum тАУThanks guys.

alanthebuilder
July 6th, 2010, 10:22
Well Alan, I thought it looks very well composed regardless of who designed it.
I'll stick my neck out and say yes, I could live in that!
The naysayers and wankers are usually the ones renting shitboxes at Nana.
Keep up the good work and if you build anything else let us see the pics, I think it's great to see/read something of general INTEREST on this form for a bloody change.

After 4 Months this is the project in KhonKaen virtually complete........

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/davidphilpott/DSC04558.jpg
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/davidphilpott/DSC04557.jpg
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/davidphilpott/DSC04556.jpg
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/davidphilpott/DSC04552.jpg
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/davidphilpott/DSC04559.jpg
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/davidphilpott/DSC04550.jpg
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/davidphilpott/DSC04538.jpg
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/davidphilpott/DSC04554.jpg

homeseeker
July 6th, 2010, 11:23
Nice house in the latest pictures, but location, loction, location; I mean who wants a mansion in the desert?!

cdnmatt
July 6th, 2010, 11:38
I mean who wants a mansion in the desert?!

Obviously, the person who had this house built.

And not sure if I would call that a mansion. Our house is probably even bigger than that.

alanthebuilder
July 6th, 2010, 12:29
North of Khon Kean didnтАЩt see a desert up there .
Not really a mansion only 195 sqm ish .
3 Bedroom .Thanks guys anymore input anyone тАУ negative or positive itтАЩs all good . :happy7:

July 6th, 2010, 13:05
I don't see an extractor fan or hob hood in the kitchen. Perhaps the kitchen window is left open all the time?

alanthebuilder
July 6th, 2010, 13:09
Yes he wanted the window to take the smoke out, not a fan Sucking (excuse the expression) the smoke out ..

July 6th, 2010, 13:14
What is the stand alone building in the 5th picture?
A sling room? Dungeon?

alanthebuilder
July 6th, 2010, 13:16
IтАЩm sorry I really donтАЩt understand your question , P-S we only built the house I never designed it .Thanks anyway .Cant please every one !

Beachlover
July 6th, 2010, 13:17
Hi, Alan. This is a serious question -- so please don't take offense.

LOL... For once he doesn't want to offend.

But yeah, I'm interested in the answer to that question as well. I mean, that house is hideous. It's livable, but hideous... disgusting exterior... cold, clinical interior... surely the worst fittings in the shop (WTF is with those stairway handrails?)... sharp ugly corners...kitchen cabinets from the 19** (terrible use of space)....

None of this is any criticism of the build quality of course...

alanthebuilder
July 6th, 2010, 13:18
A sling room? Dungeon?---------ITS A CAR PORT WITH A STORE ROOM :8(

Beachlover
July 6th, 2010, 13:19
A sling room? Dungeon?

Car port? I don't know. The roof alone is probably half the mass. It's like a person with an over sized head.

Beachlover
July 6th, 2010, 13:19
Yes he wanted the window to take the smoke out, not a fan Sucking (excuse the expression) the smoke out ..

He'll want to close the kitchen door when cooking then...

alanthebuilder
July 6th, 2010, 13:37
A sling room? Dungeon?

Car port? I don't know. The roof alone is probably half the mass. It's like a person with an over sized head.
Oversized head sure your not looking in the mirror my friend - :rolling:

alanthebuilder
July 6th, 2010, 13:39

He'll want to close the kitchen door when cooking then...
Yes or maybe the natives might steal the food ,he is a good cook :headbang: .

alanthebuilder
July 6th, 2010, 13:41
Hi, Alan. This is a serious question -- so please don't take offense.

LOL... For once he doesn't want to offend.

But yeah, I'm interested in the answer to that question as well. I mean, that house is hideous. It's livable, but hideous... disgusting exterior... cold, clinical interior... surely the worst fittings in the shop (WTF is with those stairway handrails?)... sharp ugly corners...kitchen cabinets from the 19** (terrible use of space)....

None of this is any criticism of the build quality of course...
Thanks mate .Good job we dont all have the same taste hey !

alanthebuilder
July 6th, 2010, 15:03
Guess this is 2010 modern low maintenance houses are what people want.
Hey youтАЩre a great bunch of guys and I always love a bit of banter and crack, but IтАЩm sorry if I donтАЩt have all the answers you want .
Thanks again guys...

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 7th, 2010, 05:30
not my style alanthebuilder but it looks well built. A bit like a house in the Mid West USA.

any more places we can look at ?.
xx
lunctimethedrunk :blackeye:

alanthebuilder
July 7th, 2010, 08:40
We just completed another house yesterday near Surin(a bungalow) I will put pictures on here tomorrow, www.alanthebuilder.com (http://www.alanthebuilder.com) this has a few pics to look at Thank you for your input

Beachlover
July 8th, 2010, 07:38
In fairness... Looking at other houses on your website... Quite a few are not fully designed that hideous style Oops observed. Some look livable.

Anyway the build quality looks fine. We're all just wondering why many of the designs for houses in rural Thailand are so bad...

July 8th, 2010, 09:42
Agree with Oops. Never find a house like that in the US, but will find them in a couple of hundred housing estates in Thailand. Nonetheless, the house does look like it will outlast all of us, even the younger board members.

July 8th, 2010, 12:23
Nonetheless, the house does look like it will outlast all of us, even the younger board members.

Glad you threw that last bit in Bob!!! I got a good laugh out of that. :sign5:

giggsy
July 8th, 2010, 14:03
Obviously the client is not gay.That pink/terracotta colour is sooooo 2009.

Beachlover
July 8th, 2010, 16:04
Looks 1909 to me... lol

July 8th, 2010, 20:05
Right, no self-respecting gay owner would commission a house like that...unless he were still severly closeted. It's 110% a hetero building, the pink/peach whatever colouring notwithstanding.

alanthebuilder
July 9th, 2010, 06:53
Thanks people the owner ,yes very macho man X traffic cop ,but yes the colour was half and half he picked the up, and she picked the down тАУ Again Thanks guys the pics of the next bungalow will take a few more days to come through sorry тАУ Totally different house might be more your cup o tea , have a nice weekend guys

anakot
July 9th, 2010, 07:29
Just looked at the pics.
I think it looks good. The garage is great.

Wouldn't mind one like that here where I live but can't stump up the $USmillions...

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 9th, 2010, 14:14
We just completed another house yesterday near Surin(a bungalow) I will put pictures on here tomorrow, http://www.alanthebuilder.com this has a few pics to look at Thank you for your input

many thanks..I'm all for people advertising their wares here. :headbang:

Some nice looking homes on your website. That is surely the ultimate luxury..design and have your own palace built.

alanthebuilder
July 12th, 2010, 10:33
This is the home (nr Surin) that my other team have just finished.....

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/davidphilpott/Alansurin5.jpg
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/davidphilpott/Alansurin2.jpg
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/davidphilpott/Alansurin1.jpg
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/davidphilpott/Alansurin4.jpg

bao-bao
July 13th, 2010, 03:54
It's a nice looking house, Alan - and no offense intended - but now that your thread's been bumped up repeatedly for a few months I hope you'll kick in some for the ongoing advertising (or at least a membership) if you haven't done so already.

If you're really interested in participating on a gay Thailand forum I doubt I'm the only one that would like to hear your input on a thread or subject regarding something other than your business - all with an opinion being welcome, and all that.
Again, nice looking house - from the photos. WIsh I could afford to commission a "vacation" home there myself! :cheers: